• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    Ha, taking gungame straight from Counter Strike, kind of amusing but I like it on CS so maybe it'll be just as fun here... assuming I even get Black Ops...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    At first I wasn't too fond of the whole currency system, and I'm still not so sure about it... but I'm opening up to it. I hope it turns out to be fun. It seems like they've changed a lot about the whole multiplayer system, something that I've been addicted to in the past. I just hope that all this new stuff will keep me hooked. Either way, Treyarch is really stepping it up compared to anything IF did with MW2.

And I'm just so psyched about all the customization. I cannot wait to customize my weapons.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm not seeing how it looks "way too similar" to MW2. Are you talking about the appearance or the gameplay?

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
    Both. The killstreaks are the same, bar 2 or 3. Akimbo weapons are back, I'm hoping the shotguns won't be included in that. Marathon and Lightweight return, another one of my personal annoyances. Although Marathon is no longer unlimited, it'll last a fair while.

WaW was a real change from MW. I think the only thing that ruined WaW for me was that MP40. I didn't like the addition of tanks but I either tried skipping those maps or stuck to Search and Destroy.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Some of the killstreaks may seem similar (such as the Archangel missile one, which is like a predator missile in the sense that it's user-controlled.) Akimbo weapons were hugely popular, I don't see why they would remove them. I wouldn't say it was the akimbo "attachment" that was the problem, but more the weapons themselves (such as the G18's.) Shotguns are apparently primary weapons again, so that means we won't see anyone right off the bat with a shotgun as a secondary (having to pick one up from an enemy). I did love the idea, but game-wise, it was way overpowered. Don't know what to tell you about Lightweight and Marathon. I wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked Lightweight somehow like they did with Marathon.

As for the appearance of the game... it looks nothing like MW2. MW2 had a different approach with everything being crisp. Black Ops' art direction seems a little more glossy and smooth, while still retaining that deep attention to detail. The appearance definitely looks different to me.

I think you're simply paying too much attention to what was retained from MW2 than to what's new. The game has a ton of new stuff to be excited about, from the whole currency system to player customization. I think the new game modes are going to be fun as hell.

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
    Yeah the extra customization looks cool, and I know the Zombies will have more attention to it this time round. I'll probaby get it, as I have a few £10 vouchers and some in-store credit. Also I'm hoping Tescos/ASDA/Sainsburys will sell it for £25 again on release.

I just hope Treyarch have learnt from World at War and Quantom of Solace's problem of having one gun that dominates all, so much so it's the only gun people use.

(World at War - MP40, Quantom of Solace - That semi-auto shotgun with limitless range)

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Wait, Alex you don't like it having a longer average time to kill? One of my major gripes with MW2 was that you died so damn fast.
    Well tbh I don't really know how I feel about the bullet damage decreased. I like that it takes more for people to kill me, but I don't like that it takes more for me to kill them. ;P Seriously though, I never saw the bullet damage as a problem in MW2 so I'm just curious as to why they messed with it. Just my opinion, I'll get used to the decreased damage after a few games on Black Ops most likely.

Edit: Also does anyone know if they're dropping XP completely and just using the currency or are they both in the game together? I've heard different things about it and it's left me confused.

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Well tbh I don't really know how I feel about the bullet damage decreased. I like that it takes more for people to kill me, but I don't like that it takes more for me to kill them. ;P Seriously though, I never saw the bullet damage as a problem in MW2 so I'm just curious as to why they messed with it. Just my opinion, I'll get used to the decreased damage after a few games on Black Ops most likely.

Edit: Also does anyone know if they're dropping XP completely and just using the currency or are they both in the game together? I've heard different things about it and it's left me confused.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G94SolEtpnc
    When talking about the Contracts challenges in that video, XP points are mentioned. Also, this states that there are 5 prestiges, which I'm guessing are achieved through XP. So I'm guessing they still have the XP component, but that it's somehow combined with the currency thing.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    This, and I'll add on THANK GOD FOR NO JUGGERNAUT! Too bad there's no Stopping Power though =/

I like this now, there might still be a gap between guns due to damage, but not being 'forced' to use stopping power to remain competitive is a good move imo.

I hadn't even seen that they'd dropped the base damage, so I can't really comment. However, I probably won't comment until I've had a chance to play, we can speculate all we want, but it comes down to actually playing and see first hand how the game functions.

Also, afaik contracts are like seperate class of 'challenges' i.e there's normal experience challenges for leveling up, and then contracts might overlap with those.

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
    I like the idea of Combat Training, seems pretty cool. The currency system seems okay but i just think the game would've been fine without it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I do like that with the currency system you aren't set to getting certain things at certain levels. You can have any weapon you want at any level as long as you have the points required.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I think that Treyarch (or maybe the fans) wanted to push CoD towards the PC shooter genere where (sometimes) you use a sort of currency to buy your items and equipment, which makes things a lot better because console fps gaming is usually the same boring thing. Also the customization of the game has gotten a LOT better from the looks of the reveal and it looks like i'll be seeing lots of different callsign designs people will be using in black ops. I still think about one thing, Zombies. I know for sure that nazi zombies is confirmed but what about the new one? Is it still going to have the wunderwaffe and ray gun? Will you be able to have a seperate level in it? Theres lots of features im hoping the new zombies will have. But besides that, the main features I like in black ops are: Create a Class 2.0, Combat Training and the currency system. I'm also sure that Black Ops will not be as bad or worse than MW2's multiplayer community after its released.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    Well that's disappointing. I was hoping to get a beta so I could see how well it would run on my PC... I'd like to not have to go with the 360 version this time if all possible.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I'm digging it. I don't see much to complain about and they're doing some cool stuff. Can't wait to see how it ends up.

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
    If the MP in Black Ops turns out like it did with MW2(kill-streak glitches,boosting glitches & etc), i hope that TreyArch will at least fix it.

Last edited:
    Back