• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Since it was double XP I thought I'd get on for the first time in 3 weeks... At first it was annoying as I remember it. Working to get a Chopper Gunner and then have it shot down by a Ghost Pro user, campers with Ghost... people running around with Ghost Pro and Hacker Pro... it was just so much fun...
    Alex finally got on and things started to turn around a little (I wasn't having to do everything by myself). So after getting pissed off by Ghost I thought I'd be a prick and make a Ghost class, it was Ghost and a Commando + Suppressor. First game I used it I pulled 7.0 K/D (14-2). Here's the next few games I got (not all of these are me using my Ghost class. Without going back and watching I know at least 4 were Hardline)... 26-0, 8-2, 25-0, 18-0 16-5, 23-2, 25-0, 32-0, 27-7, 24-2, 25-6, 33-11.
    That's crazy, out of my last 13 games (when I made a Ghost class) I had 5 flawless games, 7 games were over a 10 K/D ratio, and only 3 out of them were below my K/D. This was more or less 1 perk, it's crazy... and I hate to say it but it's got me wondering why should I even use Hardline (even if the 2 kill Spy Planes are nice)? My K/D went from a 3.48 to a 3.50, you might say "Well that's not much", well you got to keep in mind I've got 32,650 kills, it takes a bit to push my K/D up. And all of them were TDM games, not Dom or Demo where it might be a little easier to get high kill games.

I just wish I didn't find the game so boring. I played 29 games today, that's the first time in 3 weeks. Even after my high number kills I just didn't feel like playing. From game 1 to game 29 it was just boring to me. I want to play it, I want to like it but I just can't... it's boring. I don't think it's CoD because Alex and I play MW2 almost every night. Maybe it's the lack of Stopping Power, in BO you can't take on 3 people head on and win where in MW2 you could. Maybe it's killstreaks, maybe it's the 3 bar vs 4. I don't know, but I just find it boring... and I don't know what to do about it. I've played other gametypes, I've used different weapons, I just find it boring.

And here's something that I found funny. Right now they got a playlist called "Nuketown 24/7". There are currently 93,000 people playing that. The only gametype that has more players is TDM with 145,000. Same map... over and over and over again... and it's been like that all day, second highest all day long. I'm perfectly fine with them removing Nuketown from normal map rotation and making it it's own playlist. If they want to play Nuketown then go to the playlist.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    My KDR is only 1.46.

I was on round 21 on Ascention(spelling) on the host ended the game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I got a 500+ score per min in TDM today, like less than #200 in the world, but had no fun whatsoever doing it.

Anthraxinsoup

Professional Vidya Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    I just bought black ops for the PC for 8 dollars cause the guy screwed up the special offer.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I got a 500+ score per min in TDM today, like less than #200 in the world, but had no fun whatsoever doing it.

Man, that's a good score, but it stinks that you didn't have fun doing it.

I have like a 237 score all time in TDM.

I have been hating playing now because of lag and I keep getting 2 bar connection. That is not fun palying with.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Huh. So I guess Nuketown 24/7 was a PS3 exclusive the first double XP weekend. It's missing from the list :( And they also decided to replace Merc TDM with Merc Moshpit. Not sure how feel about that, but...whatever. I just don't understand why it's so hard to make a complete mercenary playlist.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I got to round 24 on Ascention and then, I had to leave because I had to go somewhere. I'm going to go play on Kino soon.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I have been on a roll since yesterday. I got to a level 50.

Anyway, what is your KDR everyone?

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    1.49. It went from 1.26 to 1.54 in just a few weeks, but then it dropped to .48 in just a few days, and it's taking a lot of effort to get back up considering I have over 30k kills. I had a pretty long streak (maybe 15-20 games) where my worst game was at least a 2.00 or something good. Barely made a difference in my overall K/D.

This is why you don't play when you know you're on a bad streak.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Mine used to be almost 3.5, but the last month or so in the few times I've played, it's sunk. I think it's like 3.4 now. W/L is about 4.8

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I liked 2:30... I closed my eyes and thought I was back on my bike with the wind in my face and Pokemon on my belt.

Anyway, what is your KDR everyone?
    I've got a 3.49 K/D. It went down .01 due to playing S&D tonight, and I prestiged so I was stuck with the crappy M16 for awhile (playing S&D with the M16 when I need XP is not good).

My W/L on the other hand is 5.78. It pisses me off too, because I can't get it above 5.80. I'll hit 5.80 and then the host will Dashboard and I get a loss. Tonight the host Dashboarded maybe 3 or 4 times (one of them I didn't even have time to pick my class). My W/L would be soooo high right now if it weren't for the losses I got from host Dashboarding, and from getting into games that's already over, and from stupid retarded teammates.

Tonight I got a 5 man kill (blew up a car) on Array, and then the theater didn't save the game. So I was sad.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Blowing up people with cars is always fun. I think one time I was playing Havana and that happened to me. I had cooked a grenade and didn't want to waste it, so I'm thinking "Oshi- What should I do?" I didn't want to just throw it anywhere, so I saw a car, threw it and got three kills with the explosion. :D It made me happy. What was even better, was that I went to get 7 more kills for a 10 streak. It's not as good as you awesome people, but I'm proud of that streak of mine. :D

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Just had an awesome Domination game on Summit with one friend of mine. We immediately got spawn trapped against a full party and were something like 170-60 down but my buddy and I broke out and I got two SR71's, he got his Hughie-Hind combination and we made a comeback and won by like two points. It felt good. :)

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    What do you think of the "Nuketown 24/7" mode? I only played a little bit of it, but I seemed to level up pretty fast (plus with the double exp. and what not)

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    I've got a 3.49 K/D. It went down .01 due to playing S&D tonight, and I prestiged so I was stuck with the crappy M16 for awhile (playing S&D with the M16 when I need XP is not good).
    What game modes do you play, and what's your playstyle? Mind uploading some videos to YT? I can't comprehend how anyone maintains a 3.00 K/D or higher. I don't get that too often even in a full party.

Anthraxinsoup

Professional Vidya Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    What do you think of the "Nuketown 24/7" mode? I only played a little bit of it, but I seemed to level up pretty fast (plus with the double exp. and what not)
    I play on PC and there is always Nuketown only servers.

Back