• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Years
    What game modes do you play, and what's your playstyle? Mind uploading some videos to YT? I can't comprehend how anyone maintains a 3.00 K/D or higher. I don't get that too often even in a full party.

Generally playing conservatively (not tunnel-vision chasing enemies or blindly turning corners) and learning what parts of the map to avoid are key in maintaining a high KDR. Especially for places such as WMD, Firing Range and Crisis, you want to avoid taking certain paths most of the time.

Firing Range, for example. The area between both two-story building and the trailer is a bad place to be unless your map awareness is excellent. It's one of those places where the opposing team will almost always have their sights trained because it's high traffic and within line of site of so many common hiding spots.

And once you can reliably get higher killstreaks, dropping lower rewards for ones such as Chopper Gunner/Rolling Thunder rack in the kills too.

After that, and once you're very comfortable with your loadout, maintaining 3 kills to a death just comes second hand.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017

You know submachine guns have virtually no spread, right?
    I never use them.

To whoever was asking how to maintain a 3.0, it's not as hard as you'd think. It helps playing with good players, definitely. I also mainly play TDM which isn't exactly the hardest playlist to get a good K/D in consistently. A lot of it is just smarts. Knowing spawns, knowing what players tend to do each map, etc. Headsets also help.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Does anybody watch the How To Annoy People In Black Ops videos on YouTube? They are hilarious.
    Haha yeah. I love him. I watched all the videos last night, actually. I plan to copy his playstyle some time in hopes of getting better.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I play on PC and there is always Nuketown only servers.
    As do I, and I find it a little more than annoying for there are so many. The levelling system was something I was never too fond of due to its sheer pointlessness. Having a goal is not what keeps people playing the multiplayer — they just power-level on the smallest map, then go play for real.

Domination on Nuketown can be fun, though. Shotguns are one of my better weapon types and I don't care about my KDR.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    I hate Nuketown. I like medium sized maps like Summit.
    ...but Summit is one of the smallest, if not the smallest, maps in the game behind Nuketown. I don't really have a favourite map but I really hate Havana but seem to do well on it and consistently get a 3-4 KD playing on that map. Actually, on second thoughts, I think Villa is a great map.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I like Villa and Havana. I love Firing Range. The Famas is so easy to use on that map.

So, do you guys like Kouloon(spelling)?

I love it because I use the Commando. I also love ziplining. XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    What do you think of the "Nuketown 24/7" mode? I only played a little bit of it, but I seemed to level up pretty fast (plus with the double exp. and what not)
    Like I said in my post a few posts ago, I wish they'd keep the playlist and take the map out of rotation. The map is only good for hurting your K/D (unless you can get a Gunship or Chopper Gunner).

What game modes do you play, and what's your playstyle? Mind uploading some videos to YT? I can't comprehend how anyone maintains a 3.00 K/D or higher. I don't get that too often even in a full party.
    I play TDM and S&D. So me having a 3.0+ K/D isn't from playing games like Demo, Sab, Dom, etc where I just kill people and never play the objective. In fact the main reason why I don't play them gametypes is because I play the objective, and if I'm playing by myself most of the time I'm the only one going for the capture point.

As for my playstyle, it's a lot so I'll put it in a spoiler. So it doesn't make my post look like a mile long. XD

Spoiler:

For me holding a 3.0 isn't hard, it just takes (like Alex said) some brains. And your reaction time needs to be pretty quick, and not only a quick reaction but able to lock on to that person right away and take the shot. If you don't have a headset (a headset as in at least a stereo headset where both mic and game sounds comes out) then buy one. And play with them on all the time. I know Black Ops isn't that good as far as sounds goes, but it will help out if you're aware of your surroundings. A good TV also helps out a ton when it comes to seeing people. I don't expect anyone to go out and buy a big TV just for gaming (even if I bought 2 just for gaming). But it really will help out.

I'm not going to say "Well anyone can be as good as me, and anyone can get a 3.0". I'm not trying to sound arrogant, or stuck up, or "Oh I'm so good". But after watching people play (playing S&D so I can watch them) I don't see how they function in life. They move like they just got the game yet they're 3rd prestige, they run into the same building and take the same path that 3 teammates died at. They're reaction time is soooo slow, they're so stupid that they spend half an hour trying to quickscope someone and they can't even snipe to begin with. These people 99% of the time will never get a 2.0 or a 3.0 on any game. I was never that bad at games, even back on CoD4 (my first multiplayer game) I was never that bad. I have a 1.54 K/D on CoD4 (and I think it might be higher had I always played Core), and back then that was pretty good.

As far as Black Ops goes... only 3 people (not counting me) on my friends list has at least 3.0 (it's really 4, but one is a big Second Chance Pro user, and he's borderline 2.99-3.0 so I'm not counting him). 8 people (not counting the 3 before) on my friends list has at least a 2.0. I have 40 people on my friends list that play or has played Black Ops. Some people have it, and some don't. Some people get better, some don't.

Does anybody watch the How To Annoy People In Black Ops videos on YouTube? They are hilarious.
    I was in a game with someone that acted like that dude, it was annoying and he thought he was funny. Yea watching the vids it can be funny, but if you're in a game with someone like that then it's really annoying (more so because it was S&D).

I hate Nuketown. I like medium sized maps like Summit.
    Summit is the second worst map on the game (first being Launch). The spawns are so bad on that map it's crazy. And here's an example of how bad they are.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ai6i0yXAng
    Skip to 1:40, and then watch the minimap. That's how bad the spawns are for Summit.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Summit is the second worst map on the game (first being Launch). The spawns are so bad on that map it's crazy. And here's an example of how bad they are.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ai6i0yXAng
    Skip to 1:40, and then watch the minimap. That's how bad the spawns are for Summit.
    I personally think that Villa and Kowloon are the worst maps ever. Summit and Launch are fun to play in Domination, in my opinion.

I gave up on multiplayer after my friend ruined my K/D. All I do nowaday is kill zombies.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I think Summit and Launch would be ok for Dom, but as far as TDM goes... they're bad maps. As you can see from that vid they'll just spawn all over. And with launch you'll get caught in the middle and they'll spawn on both sides and you'll get trapped.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Summit and Launch are some of my favourite maps for Domination, actually. Hanoi is my favourite but not for any tactical or practical reason.

My KDR has now dropped to 1.46. I have been doing pretty bad all week. I had a streak of over 10 games where my best KDR was a 1.00. I've been doing slightly better today, though. Still probably not going to bother with the 3.00 K/D thing.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Unless you start off with a 2.0 or 3.0 it's really hard to work your way up to a 3.0.

If you really want to push your K/D up then run Ghost + Ninja + Commando with a Suppressor. And with that setup play TDM.
    I can't stand Ghost but I will say that your K/D will go up if you use that setup. You still have to play smart... but still it'll help.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    THe worst thign happened yesterday.One of my friends brothers was over my house while I wasnt at home for some reason ,and he found my xbox wit hBO inside it.To make a long story short,my K/D went from 1.54(which i had just moved up above one the weekend before) to .96.My level of pissed rose when I found out about that,added on to he was playing it.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    THe worst thign happened yesterday.One of my friends brothers was over my house while I wasnt at home for some reason ,and he found my xbox wit hBO inside it.To make a long story short,my K/D went from 1.54(which i had just moved up above one the weekend before) to .96.My level of pissed rose when I found out about that,added on to he was playing it.
    sounds like you didnt have many kills

Back