• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
  • Since the last one went past the 30 day mark, I thought I'd make a new thread seeing how today we got a new trailer for the game.

The Black Ops official site.

The YouTube page

Release date: November 9th, 2010

And in case none of you have seen it yet, this is the first vid showing off the multiplayer (it came out today).
    At the end of the vid it says "Full multiplayer reveal September 1st" so maybe that's when we'll get at least a little more info on the game. Maybe they'll also give a date for a beta (I hope it has one).
    And here's a rundown of the trailer (thanks to JP for giving the link).

Not too much is known about the game... it'll have single player, and I guess it'll have multiplayer. So.... thoughts on the game? Ideas, likes, dislikes, wants, etc?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I'll just copy my post from the other thread.

Looks to me like they're doing the same thing IW did by adding a bunch of unnecessary stuff. Video cameras and RC cars have no place in a military shooter and are bound to be abused. I just pray that they don't bring back Tac Inserts. I'd hate to have to go after boosters with them having a camera watching for anyone that comes near them. Also, if you look to the right side of the screen at :35 you'll see a guy do some weird lunge. That just isn't needed. I can already see myself hitting someone with a million bullets only to have them dive to the side, get up and kill me.

The sniping did look better, and the weapons looked like they had a bit more recoil, which was all good. I also liked that they're including a theater type mode like in Halo.

Like I said, I just hope they don't do like IW and add so much that it ruins things. You can see how well things like Tac Inserts, Riot Shields, overpowered secondaries, etc. went over on MW2 and they'll likely go the same way if they're included in this one. I'm just not going to get my hopes up on this one like I did with MW2.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • I'm liking the graphics. Since it's a sort of sequel to my favourite of the series, World at War, I'm sure I'll like this :]

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't know what to think of this. With the RC car and crossbow, it looks like they're trying to take it in a different direction. Trying to cut away from MW, I guess.

The sniping does look pretty cool though, I'll give it that, and the maps look a lot more playable than any I've seen before.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    As I said in the previous topic, I'm very excited. It would seem like they are indeed working a lot on customizations, as seen at the beginning of the footage. The smiley face red dot sight, big yellow smiley face on the assault riffle, and being able to add your clan tag on your weapon. Makes me wonder what else we'll see.

I love the explosive RC car, but I wonder what it's limitations will be. Lots of people speculate it'll have a limited battery life, which makes sense to make it balanced. The Ballistic knife looks friggin awesome, probably will be this games Throwing Knife. Then there's also that rocket taking off we see on the gameplay of the second map. Possibly a new game mode? Notice they didn't put what game mode it was above the score. So I hope it's something new.

Oh so very excited for this.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I hope they will remember to bring the fun in this CoD.

In all seriousness, it doesn't look that bad. I'm not a fan of Call Of Duty at all(I only enjoyed Modern Warfare), but I may get this game once there are some good deals for it.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    My friend can't wait for this game to come out.
    He is a MW2 fanatic so of course he is! :P
    Anyway It looks pretty good,not a game I would get though.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Ballistic knife and Crossbow look like total and utter BS.

I'll just say right here, right now.

If this game sucks, then I called it.
    I honestly think I could be playing more Halo than CoD next year with the looks of things.

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
    Years
  • It looks alright, crossbow better be the last thing unlocked though, too overpowered to be a midway level unlock.

I'll probably get this after I get Reach though.

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
    Years
  • Considering Reach comes out two months before Black Ops, I could see that happening.
    Well, I didn't know that. Anyway, if they had been released right after the other, then I would have gotten Reach, that's what I was meaning.

Back