• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I've played about 2-3 hours of the multiplayer so far, and from what I can tell, it's so much better than MW2. I literally can't think of one instance where I got ripped off while playing, whereas in MW2, I'll have multiple instances in a single game where I get ripped off. So far my favorite weapon is the M16. I've only really tried it and the MP5K though. I played 4 matches of Gun Game last night and won them all, but I didn't really get a feel for the weapons I used when I played it though.

Years
  • I've played about 2-3 hours of the multiplayer so far, and from what I can tell, it's so much better than MW2. I literally can't think of one instance where I got ripped off while playing, whereas in MW2, I'll have multiple instances in a single game where I get ripped off. So far my favorite weapon is the M16. I've only really tried it and the MP5K though. I played 4 matches of Gun Game last night and won them all, but I didn't really get a feel for the weapons I used when I played it though.

Apart form the odd annoying people, it is awesome.

I haven't found myself getting really angry yet. I did straight away with MW2.

Win

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • Only thing I'm really pretty upset about, is instead of just leaving 'killing quickscoping' at making SoH Pro not affect snipers, they went and put some randomness code in so that if you aren't aimed down your scope for ~2+ seconds, you shot will not go where your crosshair was. I'm fine with them making SoH not affect snipers, but really treyarch? I thought you were above doing something like that.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • What's wrong with it?

it effects absolutely nobody besides people who quickscope and sniper rifles SHOULDN'T be accurate when fired from hip, or when you're moving to aim down the scope.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • What's wrong with it?

it effects absolutely nobody besides people who quickscope and sniper rifles SHOULDN'T be accurate when fired from hip, or when you're moving to aim down the scope.

I think you missed the point. I'm not talking about it being accurate when firing from the hip or during when the scope is coming up, but actually when the scope is completely up and it's still not accurate until a further 2+ seconds.

That's not cool because a fair amount of non quickscoping snipers like to actually field watch and only scope in when necessary. But this change basically nullify's the ability to field watch, scope in all the way, shoot, and scope out in a timely manner.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Snipers are pretty much unusable at this point. The few times I've used them, I've found that by the time the scope steadies, I no longer have a shot on the person.

Years
  • I'm sure it'll soon be reavealed as the noob weapon but I can't stop using the mp5k.

It is mainly because there aren't any good weapons to buy for a while though, the FAMAS will be my first bought weapon.

I love using it, just went 32-8 on my last game and racked an (at least) 13-14 killstreak or something.

The campaign is pretty good too, I'm still too worried someone will spoil the ending before I get there though.

So far it is the best fps since WaW.

Years
  • My Dad forgot to pre-order the game, so im angry. So jealous, everyone is loving the game. At least I got a mw2 nuke today

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Snipers aren't entirely useless. I've chucked an ACOG on the WA2k and got some pretty nice results. Working on getting the L96 right now.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I love this game.

I am a level 15 and I love the MPSK.

My perks are Lightweight, Harderend, and Marathon.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Snipers aren't entirely useless. I've chucked an ACOG on the WA2k and got some pretty nice results. Working on getting the L96 right now.

Yeah I've found that I use the Dragunov and WA2000 more effectively with ACOG scopes. I very much dislike those two weapons in this game though... just something about them. I am in love with the L96 though. I haven't had a chance to try the PSG1, but I doubt I'll like it more than the L96.

Mikami

Anti-Hero
    Years
  • I've gotten it and I say it's not really worth it, though I can't complain cause i got it through a series of game trades, but all in all it's not. The sound is of at some points of the game which is detectable if you have surround sound or turtle beaches. And pulling up you sights is slightly more risky then other games. I would say I'd be having a problem, but with your control sensitivity is at insane you'd think you'd have a slight advantage to those who are still on normal or below. One of my friends noticed that the graphics is off and I'd have to agree with him, while ina building relading my gun, I notice glass falling, normally you wouldn't notice this, but I was in a bulding that had no glass celling nor a second floor. I saw shattered glass fall from a stone ceiling, not once but a few times over in other maps as well. I'm not saying that game is crap, but it feels more like it was rushed out the door.

Years
  • I am currently level 13.

I keep forgetting that you buy everything now. I keep expecting to unlock perks normally, but I have to buy them too! XD

I don't exactly mind that system, but it can be annoying at times, but it makes you more strategic in the early life of the online game, since you are struggling for cash.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Aaaah. I tried the skorpion in this game and it absolutely sucks. Waste of my CoD points. So dissapointed they nerfed it. I do like the AK-74u though. That gun is beast. I'd say I prefer it over the MP5k.

Years
  • Good to see that everyone's loving the online. I haven't tried it yet due to college work needing to be done before I go on holiday. Will give it a go before I go away mind.

How does the point system work for other modes, as I just has a quick go on Combat Training, got points, but it wouldn't let me use them.

Can they only be used after Player and Private matches?

Also, I'm very unhappy at the lack of offline multiplayer options. Not being able to customise them is a joke, and whoever thought of the idea of Combat Training being online only needs to be sacked and shot. Why would you go online with mates to fight AI Bots?

Years
  • How does the point system work for other modes, as I just has a quick go on Combat Training, got points, but it wouldn't let me use them.

Well, it is much like MW2 in the sense that you can use the offline but it won't count towards the online.

I guess it is just exactly what it says, combat training. And you can change the difficulty so it gets much better.

Years
  • Well, it is much like MW2 in the sense that you can use the offline but it won't count towards the online.

I guess it is just exactly what it says, combat training. And you can change the difficulty so it gets much better.

Fair enough, I only had a quick crack yesterday due to the football and a couple of FIFA games.

I might have a quick crack on a couple of matches tonight, as I really want to try out the Wager matches, especially One in the Chamber.

Years
  • Fair enough, I only had a quick crack yesterday due to the football and a couple of FIFA games.

I might have a quick crack on a couple of matches tonight, as I really want to try out the Wager matches, especially One in the Chamber.

The wager matches are very VERY fun.

Gun game is another to look at. They are just so much fun and I have only met people on there who are good sports.

Back