• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years
  • HO-HO-HOLY SH-
    WOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOW.
    YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH.

All I can say tbh. amazing game.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • No point saving your money for after you prestige you lose all your money when you prestige. Kinda a rip off I think.

Loving the game. Completed campaign and working through it on veteran now

Years
  • Why is it a rip-off? When you prestige you're supposed to start over at rank 1.

I don't see the point in going through prestige. I don't need an arbitrary icon next to my rank.
    They could've gone the way of Babo: Invasion and only made certain weapons available once you prestige to a certain point. It would've certainly given me an actual incentive to prestige, but then I'm sure almost everyone would whine.

I played the game for a bit earlier. It has some awful issues on PC right now which makes the game unplayable half the time.
    The servers I were able to get on and play properly on went pretty smooth though. The game definitely isn't as ridiculous as Modern Warfare 2. It's no Team Fortress 2, though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    There are unlockables late in the game for reaching prestiges such as 11 and 14. It's to give more life to the MP and give you something to work after. Whether you see that as something you'd actually like to spend your time on is up to you, which is why they give you a choice.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
  • I picked up the game the day it came out, played the storyline a lot, and I'm level 10 online. :)

So far it is much much calmer than MW2, I haven't shouted at Black Ops yet.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Alright, I think I'm like level 12 right now after a few hours of gameplay (been busy with school), and holy crap is this game a whole lot different than MW2 or what? No stupid shenanigans, no tubing across the map at the beginning of the game, no camping for killstreaks, etc. From what I can tell, Black Ops is a way better test of skill and a much more realistic FPS then MW2 could ever be. The fact that I haven't sworn at Black Ops yet proves (to me at least, lol) that it's a way better game.

Still getting used to the new leveling system, new guns, killstreaks, etc. But that will surely come with time. I find myself struggling to part with my precious CoD dollars to purchase weapon attachments and perks. Contracts have helped a little, but I find that a lot of them aren't nearly general enough for me to invest my time in, such as kill achievement with gun the I have no interest in using. Also, still trying to find out what the good weapons are, but once again, I'm only level 12 so I have yet to unlock most of the new guns. Once again, I'm sure all of this will come with time.

Years
  • There are unlockables late in the game for reaching prestiges such as 11 and 14. It's to give more life to the MP and give you something to work after. Whether you see that as something you'd actually like to spend your time on is up to you, which is why they give you a choice.
    That certainly gives you some kind of incentive to prestige. But my point still stands that I think they should give you access to more stuff when you prestige.

Years
  • That certainly gives you some kind of incentive to prestige. But my point still stands that I think they should give you access to more stuff when you prestige.

There is a playlist to unlock once you prestige as well, I'm sure there are a few other things such as new challenges and emblems too.

Years
  • Playlists don't exist in the PC version, though. Dedicated servers were reintroduced in Black Ops.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • According to Raptr I have 24 hours of gameplay. That's also sitting on the game (trying to get into a game, waiting, etc), so I'd say around 22 or 23 hours.
    But still that's many many hours.
    Currently I'm level 39, with a 2.93 K/D. My fav weapon so far is the Galil. I mostly use ARs because I've always liked the mid-far range stuff. And form what I've used I like that weapon the best. As far as SMGs go I like the PM63 and the AK-74u, my first pick would be the PM63, but it reminds me of the TMP from MW2, good gun, gets kills, but has no ammo.

I've only got 3 complaints so far with the game.
    ~ Sniping
    I haven't really had a chance to try out sniping other then a private game and Combat Training. But so far I don't like it. It takes way too long to zoom in and get the kill. I'll have to play around with it a little more to give my final on if I totally give up sniping or not.

~ The servers
    This will go away in time, and it's not so much as a complaint as much as it is... annoying. Like I'll be in a party and we can't get into normal TDM. So we got to go off to Barebones to get into a game.

~ The spawns
    This is my biggest prob with the game. The spawn system is screwed up. It's like you kill a person and the game puts that person right behind you so they can kill you back. We've had them spawn right behind us when all of us was on one side of Launch, I've had them spawn on me like crazy on Grid, I've had someone spawn in the same room as me looking at me on Crisis. And then there's the worst spawning I've seen on the game, it goes to a friend of mine. We were playing on Array (one of the largest... if not these largest map in the game), he spawns by himself out on a corner of the map and he has 6 people spawn on him (around 2 at a time, as in he'd run around that small area to kill them 2 and 2 more would pop up). And this isn't like a 5 min long clip, from the time he spawns to the time he dies is about 25 seconds. If you saw the clip you'd be shocked.
    So yea, I think that has to be fixed. It's not game breaking, but it's really really annoying to have to deal with.

And if you guys haven't seen it already... Saturday we'll be having a PC gaming event on both the 360 and PS3... the link below.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=236444

Years
  • ok what annoys me is when i played a wager match i won it and then it does the disconnected thing and it mostly happens right after the match so obviously one of the players does some lame glitch or laged on it so now when that happens its like the whole match didnt happen and it goes back to the lobby but not only that you dont get the money you won but you lose your amount that you already had too cuz of that stupid disconnection something does pop up saying your money will come back shortly but it never does and i do see alot of people camping which i was expecting to happen which is annoying iv already found people lagin/glitching in the matches im also not so hype on the multiplayer graphics it looks just a lil cartoony i know mw2 has nothing to do with this game but to me mw2 holds the best graphics in call of duty games for now i do feel they could of done more then how it is now game play is awesome and i love the wager matches and so on but they could of done better with the graphics but im geting annoyed with these cheating sorelosers in the game that glitch/lag and camp or boost has any one experienced any cheating glitching/lagin too or anything else? and are ther things you find in the game that could of been done better?

Back