• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Years
  • Actually, your grammar really is that bad. It's very hard to understand what you say, not only due to your grammar, but your evident lack of comprehension. It is your opinion that the characters look "blocky" "boxy" and "awkward". In my opinion the game looks "great" "amazing" and "wonderful", especially compared to MW2.

I've heard a lot of kids saying that it looks cartoony, and I personally don't see how it's cartoony at all, but that is their opinion. :)

yea i just said my grammer sucks i think that point has been made.

again not talkin about the game in general the game is awesome i was just saying some of the things in multiplayer are blocky and boxy also when you throw the semtex it throws late either that or slow i switched to the tomahawk instead.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Anyways, I finally beat the campaign today. It had it's ups and downs, and the plot got pretty trippy near the end, but I enjoyed it more than MW2's campaign if only because the story actually made some sense and had some closure.

In regards to the multiplayer, its so much better than MW2 aside from the obvious issues: matchmaking, spawning and knifing range.

i agree on the knife it should of been done more accurate. i mean lots of times ill stab someone it misses and it was a dead on hit or thers times you stab first but yet the other players stab hits when they stabed second.

Last edited:
    Years
  • In MW2 I was being killed by snipers every few seconds on some occasions, in Black Ops I've been killed by one or two ever.

Agreed, I've only sniped once. It doesn't feel right without a bolt-action.

yea i just said my grammer sucks i think that point has been made.

again not talkin about the game in general the game is awesome i was just saying some of the things in multiplayer are blocky and boxy also when you throw the semtex it throws late either that or slow i switched to the tomahawk instead.

i agree on the knife it should of been done more accurate. i mean lots of times ill stab someone it misses and it was a dead on hit or thers times you stab first but yet the other players stab hits when they stabed second.

Even just a few capital letters and commas would make it so much more readable.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Anyways, I finally beat the campaign today. It had it's ups and downs, and the plot got pretty trippy near the end, but I enjoyed it more than MW2's campaign if only because the story actually made some sense and had some closure.

In regards to the multiplayer, its so much better than MW2 aside from the obvious issues: matchmaking, spawning and knifing range.

This was probably my favorite campaign of any game (CoD4 was close though). The ending scene was pretty good though.

I don't really like the multiplayer as much as MW2 but I liked quick scoping, knifing and noob tubing a lot lol. I also liked the famas being a better gun. -.- Its still pretty good, Ak74u is really good, the new UMP. I just dont really like buying perks and attachments and stuff but thats just me.

Years
  • I am yet to start the campaign. I do need to start soon.

Anyone wanting to have a game tonight, feel free to join in on the event and just add my PSN name. 'alinthea'.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Three things they have to fix soon:

1.) The party search system. If you're in a group of 4-6 people, the whole matchmaking system is a huge headache. It'll literally take up to 20 minutes at times just to get into a match with everyone. Also in regular TDM, it seems like once someone leaves, the game won't put in another person to replace them. So what that ends up doing is having the enemy team dwindle down to a few people, because everyone is leaving, and you end up only playing against a couple people because the game won't fill the extra slots up. Eventually you have to back out of the room, because no one shows up, and then you have to start the painful process of finding another room with a large group over again. It's all just a total mess and it's easier to play by yourself or with one or two others so that you won't have to spend half of your day finding a game.

2.) The spawns are a joke. Plain and simple. They need to be fixed. I've had enemies spawn way too close to me, and behind me, too many times to count. This definitely isn't the spawn system they've had in other CoD games.

3.) Host selection always seems to pick the laggiest person to be host. I was in a room yesterday with all Americans, other than one person who was Australian, and they choose the Australian to be the host. That made everyone, other than the host himself, lag terribly. Situations like this have also happened too many times to count. It's hard to find a non-laggy room it seems.

Years
  • The spawns in Modern Warfare 2 were pretty awful too. I personally think they should use the spawn system from the first Modern Warfare.

Ballistic Knife is the best weapon in the game.

Gundisalvus Kuno

Solving Problems Since 1999
    Years
  • The spawns are absolutely dreadful in this game. I do, however, like some of the new modes that they put into the game. They are fun and add a little uniqueness that they have lacked in online play. So far, the campaign storyline is ok.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    The spawns in Modern Warfare 2 were pretty awful too. I personally think they should use the spawn system from the first Modern Warfare.
    Yeah, I completely agree. I really despised MW2's system, but Black Ops easily trumps MW2 when it comes to horrible spawns.

A guy on my friends list has a video of him where he's in an area on Array killing enemies, and they literally keep spawning five feet from him repeatedly until they finally kill him. It's ridiculous.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm not so thrilled about the changes they made towards the sniper rifles and the ADS. I mean I didn't quickscope like a nutcase or anything, and I was okay with people doing it. MW2 took it over the edge and all, but it annoys me that the ADS on sniper rifles is off-centered. I understand the purpose for it and it does make sense from a real snipers perspective... but it's damn awkward and annoying. I feel that in most cases, in the time it takes to align your shot, the other person already has their sights aimed at you and is firing away.

Also, only a handful of the maps are sniper friendly. That makes it even more of a pain to snipe efficiently.

I don't know, I'm probably overreacting and just need more adjusting to sniping. It's just a pain I guess, and it doesn't feel all too fun anymore.

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • They made snipers where the zoom makes it worse for the weapon. Go into a private match, or Combat training, pick a sniper and tap left trigger. The 4 crosshair lines (I guess you call it the bloom) get bigger when you zoom in. Try any other weapon class and it gets smaller... like it should.
    They spent their time screwing around with things such as quickscoing when they leave in Second Chance, thermal, tubes, etc. If sniping were the same as CoD4 then I wouldn't have a prob with that. Yea maybe people running around with a sniper and SoH Pro was annoying to some (what I hated about it was these players in S&D trying to show off quickscoing and all they'd do is end up dead). But it wasn't a big enough deal to kill sniping all together.

Guren

Troll
    Years
  • So there's a problem with sniping in this game? (Don't own it so I couldn't really study it >__>) Is it as hard to snipe as in WAW? Because I really hated how it was nearly impossible to snipe someone, if you were lucky enough not to miss and to actually kill them without simply hitting them. Anyway, can't wait to get it sometime late this month or early nexy month 8D

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Yeah, they fixed quickscoping but apparently went a bit overboard and also broke regular sniping.

So really, all the need to do is keep quickscoping broken but fix regular sniping and we're set. They'll probably do it in the upcoming patch.

Years
  • Has anyone else had a problem with the valkyrie rockets?

I used them for the first time earlier, only for them to blow up in my race five times in a row before I gave up with them.

Years
  • I really don't pay attention to the sniper rifles in the game.

Ever since 'Gun Game' I really hate them. It is so hard to get quick kills with them.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Sniping is okay I don't really use them though.

I have a problem with the rockets too.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I haven't had problems with the Valkyrie rockets, they seem to work just fine and I've had 3 sets of them from care packages... My friend said he had problems though, maybe it depends where they are used, like maybe the game is interpreting some form of solid being closer than it actually is or something?

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • The sniping is broken. I dont know if anybody has noticed this but the sway has became worse and snipers will get a hitmarker if you dont hit the upper chest or the head. Instead of just fixing quickscoping they just ruined sniping, I love treyarch and all and Im not one to rant but its pretty ridiculous that I can get a 1 shot kill from a snipers distance and still get a hitmarker with a dragnov. I really hope they patch it by adding more power less sway or something because he snipers are ridiculously under powered.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I absolutely love the Crossbow. I kinda wish they had given it an attachment, like a telescopic scope or something. I wouldn't of minded it being a primary either. It's such an awesome weapon.

Years
  • Done the first bit of the campaign, which was pretty good.

Then joined the PS3 event shortly after, in which Fabio and the others took me up the a** several times over in all the matches. :(

Back