• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Years
  • Getting banned for having color in your "clan tag" before you're supposed to... That's the dumbest god damn thing I've ever heard of.

i dont really care if someone does that or not but its a hack and they said any one getting caught hacking will get banned. they didnt define what kind of hacks. they said hacking in general.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • the color tag is something you unlock. the definition of glitch is a bug: a fault or defect in a computer program, system, or machine and hacking definition means Unauthorized attempts to bypass the security mechanisms of an information system or network.
    its not a fault or defect in the game that people are some how getting the color tag. the only way to unlock it is hitting prestige 13. to be lower then prestige 13 and have it unlocked means you had to tamper with it to get it to unlock which is a (Unauthorized attempt to bypass the security) which is (hacking).
    For educational purposes on how the glitch works

Well obviously this guy is a no good dirty hacker, using his computer to get into his xbox and modify all of the game, like you said "the definition of glitch is a bug: a fault or defect in a computer program, system, or machine" well if you watched the video it is CLEARLY a fault or defect. You didnt see anybody getting banned in mw2 for elevators because they're "hacking" no, its a glitch and iw was to lazy to patch it. Just like this is a glitch people are abusing it but there is no reason to get banned for something as silly as a glitch changing your clan tag color.

Years
  • For educational purposes on how the glitch works

Well obviously this guy is a no good dirty hacker, using his computer to get into his xbox and modify all of the game, like you said "the definition of glitch is a bug: a fault or defect in a computer program, system, or machine" well if you watched the video it is CLEARLY a fault or defect. You didnt see anybody getting banned in mw2 for elevators because they're "hacking" no, its a glitch and iw was to lazy to patch it. Just like this is a glitch people are abusing it but there is no reason to get banned for something as silly as a glitch changing your clan tag color.

lol yea thats a glitch for sure i didnt see that video.

man all this talk they said on this game gonna be mod free and fixed up so it doesnt get these glitches and so on and so far all iv been hearing and seeing are glitches and hacking but yea i agree thats a glitch but i mean look at all he had to do to get it to unlock that wasn't found on accident or anything i still think someone had to hack or something to figure that glitch out. (in my opinion)

p.s i just heard ther patching it up in a couple of days and anyone that has ther tag colored and is under prestige 13 will be suspended from cod online

Last edited:

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • p.s i just heard ther patching it up in a couple of days and anyone that has ther tag colored and is under prestige 13 will be suspended from cod online

rumors are rumors
    I know that they're patching it up soon but I heard nothing about ban, since I know a few people who discovered it accidentally on they're own. It would be unfair to ban since it all honesty it doesnt effect the core gameplay. If anything they'll just make sure if you already have it, the clan tag will go back to normal color.

Years
  • rumors are rumors
    I know that they're patching it up soon but I heard nothing about ban, since I know a few people who discovered it accidentally on they're own. It would be unfair to ban since it all honesty it doesnt effect the core gameplay. If anything they'll just make sure if you already have it, the clan tag will go back to normal color.

i know thats why i said i heard but i wouldnt risk it i mean is the color glitch really worth the risk of losing online play on cod? i sure know it isnt.
    from what i heard people are blaming them for the glitch and saying its ther fault but ther saying they dont care dont do it. if you do your getting suspended. (this isnt actual facts) this is just what i heard so im just giving a heads up just in case. i mean even what you say is opinion but
    id rather stay on the safe side on that color tag.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I love this game so much C=

In Nuketown if you shoot off all the mannequin's head, a song plays.

Also, whenI see people with colored clan tags it kind of pisses me off, mainly because they aren't supposed to have it. Heh.

There was a glitch in FIVE, that sadly got patched. Climb on table=no hit from zombies= lots of money by round ten=everyone with pack-a-punched ray guns/machine guns =D

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I'm working my way on the campaign on vet, I'm like 3 levels away from finishing it... maybe 4. But still it's not too much longer. I can't stand playing the games on vet because there's no fun there, it's replay the same stuff over and over because you die over and over, it's annoying.

And on the multiplayer side I'm currently level 33 on my second prestige. And as far as my stats...
    Win/Loss - 5.82
    Kill/Death - 3.29

Before the game came out I just wanted a 3.0 K/D. MW2 was my first 2.0 CoD game and I thought I'd be able to hold a 3.0 on BO. And sure enough... I wouldn't mind having a 3.50 or 4.0 (even if I'm well on my way to 3.50 and it's going up and up), but I had a 4.something on my other MW2 account and it's no fun, there isn't as much crap in BO as there is in MW2 but it's just no fun to keep up. So if my K/D levels out to at least a 3.0 then I'll be happy.

Currently my only gripes with the game are still the spawns on some maps (I think they've gotten a little better), the sniping (I think they said they're going to do something to tweek it, but it's still not going to be right), and as of late Second Chance is running wild in the game. But they've fixed a lot of things like being able to get into games, the leaderboards, parties breaking apart (somewhat), and some other things. So it's not all complaining.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Arcanine, what game type you playing most?
    I find domination the most enjoyable, but it can be pretty random in terms of keeping a k/d up. I'm sitting on like 1.5, but there are some games where in domination your team gets spawn trapped and you just cannot maintain a decent positive k/d for that game...

I'm thinking of trying out some team deathmatches more now, but I do enjoy Domination as the spawns really do not stuff up at all.

Anyways, no qualms with the game, the spawns are fine if you play domination (which I do) and sniping I really don't mind at all. I've never been one for quick scoping and always preferred the more 'realistic' approach to sniping.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Finally got off my ass and played Kino der toten. I've mostly been playing Five, but I think I already have a decent solo strategy for Kino Der Toten:
    Spoiler:

As for the Multiplayer, still experiencing a few matchmaking difficulties. Probably my crappy connection, though. MPL has quickly become my favourite SMG.

Last edited:

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
    Years
  • Uh, I don't personally own the game and won't. I've played it though and sort of liked it.

Reason for liking it:
    1. It's an FPS
    2. It's sort of user friendly
    3. Generally Fast-paced

Reasons for dislike:
    1. I personally can only play for an hour because it gets me nauseated, lol...
    2. It's really easy compared to halo. It's shoot, kill. While in Halo you have to shoot, shoot, shoot while runnning at them, throw a grenade, hit them, kill.
    3. the Campaign was really crazy, just in my point of view

It's really just not a game I would spend money on. If I went somewhere and they had it, yes I would play it. But I wouldn't own it.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • My brother possibly found a glitch?
    It seems to happen mostly in Nuketown FFA, when you use a RC-XD, when you kill someone, often you will have another there. My brother said he got 4 in a row when he only earned one...
    Similarly in Search and Destroy, if you send out your RC-XD but someone else gets the final kill and the round finishes, (so the round finishes and you are still controlling the car) you start the next round with another RC.

Has anyone else experienced or heard of these glitches?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Arcanine, what game type you playing most?
    I find domination the most enjoyable, but it can be pretty random in terms of keeping a k/d up. I'm sitting on like 1.5, but there are some games where in domination your team gets spawn trapped and you just cannot maintain a decent positive k/d for that game...
    I play TDM (also wouldn't mind a little S&D, but maybe later on in the game). My K/D would be a little higher if it weren't for 2 Demolition games that dropped it a good bit (as in maybe .10 or a .15).
    To me Domination is so fun because if you try to capture a point you'll just get a grenade dropped in your lap. Where's the skill in that? "They're taking B" oh they're on B, lets spam nades. Even with a good team it can be annoying. And with a random team who just cares for kills and doesn't care about winning... well getting boxed in is no fun.

sniping I really don't mind at all. I've never been one for quick scoping and always preferred the more 'realistic' approach to sniping.
    Well if it were "realistic" then you wouldn't get hit markers, if it were "realistic" then you'd have a spotter, if it were "realistic" you wouldn't be better off no scoping due to the crosshairs getting larger when you first zoom in, and so on. That's why I have a prob with sniping, it's never been realistic, no one would want a realistic sniper because it'd be no fun.
    I don't mind them taking away Slight of Hand Pro for snipers, but give us the old CoD4 sniping, at least with that you could snipe.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I know the sniping isn't realistic, I just couldn't think of a better word to describe it with. The hitmarkers are annoying and often frustrate me more than anything in this game, although I generally don't get frustrated at a video game...

But yeah, I meant I don't mind hanging back staying scoped in for a while and waiting for people to run into the open. I never really quickscoped because I could never get the hang of it, but I can sympathise with the people who did and are annoyed at sniping in Black Ops.

/ Yesterday I got a triple kill with a booby trapped crate from Hacker Pro. It is actually a really good perk, the pro version. You get their reward, and it pretty much guarantees you at least one kill.

Years
  • My brother possibly found a glitch?
    It seems to happen mostly in Nuketown FFA, when you use a RC-XD, when you kill someone, often you will have another there. My brother said he got 4 in a row when he only earned one...
    Similarly in Search and Destroy, if you send out your RC-XD but someone else gets the final kill and the round finishes, (so the round finishes and you are still controlling the car) you start the next round with another RC.

Has anyone else experienced or heard of these glitches?
    This happens to me loads, if I earn 2 RC-XDs and use them both (one just after the other) I sometimes seem to get another one that I could swear I haven't earned.

I stopped playing this for five days and I come back to see the camping community has multiplied. Black Ops is almost as frustrating as MW2 was.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • But yeah, I meant I don't mind hanging back staying scoped in for a while and waiting for people to run into the open. I never really quickscoped because I could never get the hang of it, but I can sympathise with the people who did and are annoyed at sniping in Black Ops.
    My problem isn't the fact that you can't quickscope, it's the fact that every good sniper I know of doesn't run around scoped in, or sit there for a long time scoped in waiting for someone to run into their scope. We'll be zoomed out and when you see someone then you zoom in and take the shot. But you can't do that in Black Ops, because as soon as you zoom in your crosshairs get larger and it takes forever to center on the person. And if they're running then you'll miss the shot and you'll give your spot away. Yea they removed quickscoping but they also removed sniping as well.

Edit: So since I was in the mood to talk about snipers I thought I'd run off to the Black Ops forum and see David Vonderhaar's thread on sniping. If you guys want to read it then here's the link.
    Some of the parts that stood out really ticked me off. Such as...
    The most common request I get is "...nobody complained how it was in Call of Duty 4 or World at War... make it like that." The people who say that must continue to not believe me when I tell you that we had it like "4 and World at War" a similar number of players were not very happy about it. Why do you think we changed it in the first place?
    Really, who here had a prob with the sniping on CoD4 and/or WaW? Who here saw large groups of people quickscoping on CoD4 or WaW? I know I didn't, maybe I was just a dumb teen back then but I didn't have a prob with snipers back then, and I didn't have a prob with people who used them. May it be a sniper with an ACOG and they're running around with it, or may it be someone who sat back and sniped from afar.
    And $20 says he and JD got more complaints about Second Chance then they did about quickscoping. And yet that BS perk is still in the game (I didn't have a prob with Last Stand, but have a whole team that runs with Second Chance and you'll be really really annoyed. You put them down, you die, they get revived, that's real skill there) and the people up top are proud of it. I bet the whole dev team runs with Second Chance, I bet David Vonderhaar is a pro Last Stand/Second Chancer.

I've been playing in disguise on both 360 and PS3 a lot the last few days. I've certainly run into snipers and they have certainly turned me into dust. Especially on the larger maps like Array. I watched the kill cam every time and even went back and watched the entire match when I died to a sniper more than 3x in a game. All of those deaths were more than fair with our current tuning.
    What he means is... he ran back there over and over with the wrong weapon type like a retard and got himself killed. Yes on Array you can use a sniper (and it's about the only map you can use it on), but as someone who almost always snipes on that map... it's still annoying as everything, and hard as hell (doesn't mean I can't get kills with it, also doesn't mean the sniping system is fine). Because an assault rifle will go a long ways and if you burst fire it you can kill the sniper before they get a shot off. Or at the very least hit them so their gun kicks up and they miss and they still die. Getting killed by the same sniper, likely in the same spot 3 times in a game is stupid.

I've gotten a few new ideas from this thread and I certainly understand the PoV of the "Quick Scoping" community even if I don't agree with it. I've always said that I would make changes to the game I don't agree with, as long as they make sense to me.
    In other words "I'm right, you're wrong. If I don't like it, you don't get it.". Second Chance doesn't make sense to me, it's a crutch for bad players and doesn't help you get better at the game. So thus it makes no sense to me. So I expect this perk to be removed in the next update, thanks David.
    You can look at that quote many ways, but that's how I see it, because sniping is screwed up, being able to zoom in right quick and take the shot doesn't make sense to him, and thus why sniping is the way it is.

First off, using the "make it like COD 4" argument doesn't have any weight. This game doesn't have COD4 weapons, perks, attachments, systems, mechanics, unlocks or anything else.
    I'm guessing he thinks most players are just retards who'll go "Well... I guess that makes sense" (then again... I guess he's right). The crosshairs on CoD4 didn't get larger when you zoomed in. In BO you're better off no scoping a person that walks up on you, in CoD4 you'd have a better chance to zoom in right away. This has nothing to do with the weapons, the perks, etc. This has something to do with their patch to make the sniper crosshair bloom larger when you first zoom in. The people saying "Make it like CoD4" aren't saying "Make it JUST like CoD4" they're just saying "CoD4 had no Slight of Hand Pro" and want sniping to be like CoD4 as in it didn't take forever to line up a shot.

Nothing here has convinced us to completely remove the "sniper patch" or "make it like COD4." I do feel that snipers are disadvantaged. I have trouble sniping myself, but then again I was never much of a sniper in the first place.
    And this is why there's just a bunch of retards making games these days. He was never a sniper to begin with. Well as someone who sniped on CoD4, sniped on WaW, sniped on MW2, and sniped on Black Ops... it's broken. And that retard up there by the name of David Vonderhaar doesn't know what the hell the players want. He gets all of these tweets from the casual sucky players saying "OMG David, your game is the best thing out there!" and it makes him feel good. But when you have people who played the past CoD games say "This is broken" he ignores them or says "it doesn't make sense to me". I would love to see his stats on all of his accounts added together. I bet if I got into a game with him and looked at his Combat Record I'd say "wow, for someone who made the game you have some bad stats". Because he's not a gamer, he doesn't play the game like we do, he just said he was never a sniper, so what does he care if it's broken and people complain? As long as he gets his paycheck he's happy. Where the gamers (ie... us) have to deal with this crap.

Sure. We stopped Quick Scoping for the most part. We mostly invalidated a sniper winning a battle with a Shotgun or SMG at close range. This was the goal. However, this has come at a pretty large cost to sniping in general. These two things can not be easily separated, since quick scoping is a form of sniping.
    Yet another broken weapon class... Shotguns. But that's for another day.
    And to me, I'll take people running around with Slight of Hand Pro and a sniper over not being able to kill someone with a sniper who walks up on you mainly due to the crappy spawns in the game (and the spawns are still broken on Array). Yes, 95% of the time an SMG needs to win a battle with a sniper at close range, but the way the spawns are now and the way sniping is now you have no chance to win that battle if you're a sniper. And if you can shoot an assault rifle across the map and kill someone why use a sniper when an assault rifle can kill at both far and close range?

We are going to increase the head / neck / helmet multiplier. After that, we will start to "nerf" the sniper patch. Slowly.
    And here's the best line for the whole thread right here at the end. I am happy with the idea of them removing the sniper patch. I know it says "slowly" but as long as it's not right before MW3 comes out I'll be happy.
    I never sniped on every map on MW2, or CoD4, I wasn't a quickscoper, but I loved to snipe on the games. And I want to snipe so bad on BO that it pains me, but I can't snipe like I want to because the heads of Treyarch thinks it's an awesome idea to kill off sniping. You can go back to my early posts in this thread, before the game came out and I talked about how I was ok with removing quickscoping because snipers would return to like they were on CoD4 (or I might have talked about that on XBL... but I know I said that). This isn't returning snipers to the way they used to be or should be, they're broken to the point of "Why should I use them?" just like shotguns... why use a shotgun if you got to hit them sometimes 3 times at point blank range before they die?

And that's my rant for the day. Longer then I wanted it to be, but David Vonderhaar's really pissed me off and I thought I'd blow off some steam here in this thread. He sounds like a casual gamer who runs his mouth and doesn't know what he's talking about.
    Yes they got lots of things right in Black Ops, but at the same time they got lots of things wrong.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I haven't found camping to be that big of a problem, definitely not as bad as it was in MW2. The only thing I'm annoyed with is Second Chance.

If you use that, you might as well just admit you're a total noob.

Years
  • Okay here is personally a list of maps I think it is possible to snipe on;

Array, Cracked*, Crisis*, Hanoi*, Havana*, Jungle, Launch*, Villa*, WMD.

* - One or two camp spots which once you have been killed in it isn't worth sniping anymore.

So three decent maps to snipe on whereas on MW2 I'd be happy to snipe on every map except Rust. (and even then there are two spots I could use then ditch the sniper)

Not very good personally, I used to like my sniping.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • Great place to camp on WMD is the small shed building in between B and A if youre on domination.You have to climb a dumpster to get to it and an AC vent is protecting your side.All you have to do is plant a claymore behind you if someone tries to knife you.You also get a good field view if someone is sniping from the rooftops of C and their natural spawn position,as well as watching if someone tries to capture B.I do this most of the time,always get my Dogs killstreak with it.

Back