• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Years
  • Honestly, every single person I know says that MW2 is better than BO :o
    Then they must run around knifing, or shooting off infinite grenade launuchers, or run around with automatic shotguns.
    There are two things better about MW2 than BO. The maps and the spawns (which even aren't that much better than BO).
    Black Ops has better multiplayer balance (which basically includes everything I said) and a better community.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • All these posts above me are why I got MW2 with my brand-new PS3 about a week ago.
    Like kidpunk said... bad move. But if you're just getting into FPS games then MW2 is easier to get kills... and is a lot lot more n00bfriendly.

Honestly, every single person I know says that MW2 is better than BO :o
    MW2 without it's crap was a good game, I'm not going to say I didn't have fun, I'm not going to say all my time spent on the game was wasted. But every singe person you know that said that is wrong (no ifs, ands, or buts).
    MW2 was the most n00bfriendly CoD game I played, and that was it's downfall. It gave bad players the tools to be good players by bypassing skill, time, working to get good at the game, and learning the tricks of the game. You could get 25 kills without dying, and call in a nuke by using the cheapest most skilless class setup in the game. They gave you perks and weapons to make you a skilless player, and you could rack up the kills with it. And if it's too hard to get a nuke on the game using that class then get a tac insert, get a friend on the other team and both of you can boost in the corner of the map on Free For All. Does it take too long to get 10th prestige? Play a few random games and I'm sure someone will send you a message about a 10th prestige lobby. I don't know the playstyle of your friends (or people that said MW2 was better), but I'd be willing to bet at least a few of them ran around with Commando, camped in a corner with One Man Army + Danger Close + Tubes, boosted in the back, had to use thermal on a sniper, and so on and so on.

There are two things better about MW2 than BO. The maps and the spawns (which even aren't that much better than BO).
    Black Ops has better multiplayer balance (which basically includes everything I said) and a better community.
    There's a few more things that are better on MW2. I agree that the maps are way better on MW2, they have more thought put into them. I think the maps on CoD4 are better then WaW. It's like IW puts more thought into their multiplayer maps.
    The spawns are WAY WAY better on MW2. I think they've tweeked them a little on BO since the game came out, but on many of the maps the spawns are still very very bad.

Another thing that MW2 does better is that it'll add people to games that's currently going on. The group of people I play with is good... not just a "well we'll lose 1 out of 10 games", if it's a full group (or at least 5) then it's more like we'll lose 1 out of 100 or 150 games. So we get soooo many forfeit games, or so many games were everyone is running around just to find 2 or 3 people. And this never happened in MW2, because in MW2 it added people. It needs to add people to games going on, not just pile 4 or 5 people here in a lobby with no one joining.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Just got out of a game where I literally put 7 hitmarkers into a guy only to have him fall into last stand and kill me. Absolutely pathetic. I didn't even know it was possible to put that many hitmarkers into a person and not get a kill. I guess I can blame the horrible Enfield for that. That gun seriously needs to be buffed along with the Scorpion. They are no where near as powerful as some of the other weapons in their class types.

Years
  • On the surface, MW2 is a much better game, it has a lot more polish and it is just generally better but, IW just let too many nooby tactics get through so thanks to the terrible community, the game was ruined.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • I do agree that Modern Warfare 2 has much better maps, but besides that there isn't much to it that's any good. Besides maybe weapon variety, the guns in BOps are very similar.

Years
  • Another thing that MW2 does better is that it'll add people to games that's currently going on. The group of people I play with is good... not just a "well we'll lose 1 out of 10 games", if it's a full group (or at least 5) then it's more like we'll lose 1 out of 100 or 150 games. So we get soooo many forfeit games, or so many games were everyone is running around just to find 2 or 3 people. And this never happened in MW2, because in MW2 it added people. It needs to add people to games going on, not just pile 4 or 5 people here in a lobby with no one joining.
    I know. I've played 4v4 TDMs with no one else joining.
    I personally think they should have added the option to either want to join games in progress or not to. Sure, it's a good thing to play in lobbies where you won't be on a losing team, but a 12 person gametype played with eight people isn't the best, either.
    Another angry moment happened to me in BO yesterday. Me and three other friends were play a 30 CoD point Gun Game Wager Match (for fun, of course), and some guy and his guest come in. We didn't have a problem with it, except the fact that they were screen cheating off of each other and getting kills. We went back into theater to see if they actually were, and it did look like it.
    Anyway, when we confronted him, his answer got us even angrier. So what? He thought that we didn't care. I mean, it was a 30 Point Wager Match, and all we were trying to do was have fun, not get boosted on. Anyway, he puts on his little MLG helmet and says that he can beat up in a team game. We kicked him right there. We were done with him.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Oh yeah guys I suck! Dangit, I can't get the hang of these games (0.6 K/D) so if anyone has any tips; feel free to VM them to me or something! Also, if you wanna play with me add moojiolu on Xbox live (just send me a VM telling me who you are first. :D)!

Years
  • Oh yeah guys I suck! Dangit, I can't get the hang of these games (0.6 K/D) so if anyone has any tips; feel free to VM them to me or something! Also, if you wanna play with me add moojiolu on Xbox live (just send me a VM telling me who you are first. :D)!

The only thing I can say is use the FAL.

My K/D has went from 1.09 to 1.2 since I started using it, my average K/D using it is 1.7 as well, it is such a good weapon.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • It's more or less of finding out what gun suits you the best.
    I'm a standard FAMAS user, love the iron sights on this gun.

Also learn the map. Probably more important than learning how to line up your crosshair.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I know. I've played 4v4 TDMs with no one else joining.
    I personally think they should have added the option to either want to join games in progress or not to. Sure, it's a good thing to play in lobbies where you won't be on a losing team, but a 12 person gametype played with eight people isn't the best, either.
    Another angry moment happened to me in BO yesterday. Me and three other friends were play a 30 CoD point Gun Game Wager Match (for fun, of course), and some guy and his guest come in. We didn't have a problem with it, except the fact that they were screen cheating off of each other and getting kills. We went back into theater to see if they actually were, and it did look like it.
    Anyway, when we confronted him, his answer got us even angrier. So what? He thought that we didn't care. I mean, it was a 30 Point Wager Match, and all we were trying to do was have fun, not get boosted on. Anyway, he puts on his little MLG helmet and says that he can beat up in a team game. We kicked him right there. We were done with him.
    You might have gotten into 4v4 games... but how many? BO hasn't been out for a month and I've got more forfeits, or more 5-6v2-3 games then CoD4, WaW, and MW2 put together.

I thought about that idea... but everyone would pick "Go to lobby" because no one wants to be put into a game where you're likely losing (there's an open spot in a game mainly because one team is losing and people leave). I know I wouldn't go to a game just because of that.

When I send people messages I don't give them an inch. I mean I send them if they're camping, tubing, etc. And I word it in a way that they can't get out of... they're so skilless at the game they have to tube, they're so bad at the game they have to camp to get a kill, etc. And the normal replies have something to do with my mother and something about sucking.
    That guy who you guys played against, I would have said something like "I guess you need a team to win, because you're so bad at the game that you need help from a splitscreen friend just to win a Free For All game.". And then he'll give the normal 10 year old reply "Suck my dick" or use "mother" in the reply.

Oh yeah guys I suck! Dangit, I can't get the hang of these games (0.6 K/D) so if anyone has any tips; feel free to VM them to me or something! Also, if you wanna play with me add moojiolu on Xbox live (just send me a VM telling me who you are first. :D)!
    What weapons are you using? Because some weapons depend on what you're playing, the type of connection you're getting, depends on if it's more close range or long range, or if you're rushing or sitting back more, and so on.
    Personally I say use the assault rifles (at least at first), they're a good close range and long range weapon type.
    ~ M16: It's more of a long range weapon. If you're within 15 feet you'll likely lose a gun fight. More so due to 3 bar lag. If you've got 4 bar, or host then this weapon is awesome. But most people don't so I say if you're going to use it put a Red Dot or ACOG on it and be a person who holds down a good side of the map, or shoots people from afar. But if you've unlocked the G11 (the last AR) use that over the M16.

~ Famus: To me it's a more close range AR then many of the others due to it's high fire rate and if they're bunched together you can get some kills spraying it off. But if you shoot it long range you'll likely not kill, because tends to bounce and it doesn't have as much power behind it. So even if you do hit the person a few times chances are they've already moved out of the way or got away.

~ Galil: My personal fav. I put dual mags on it and I have enough to get a Chopper Gunner and if I set it high enough Dogs or a Gunship. You can use it close to long range and it'll get kills across the map and kills right in front of you. Chances are you won't outdo an M16 at long range, and it won't outdo a Famus at close. But at least you have a chance. The reload time takes forever without Slight of Hand (I think it's the longest for an AR) so I'd say run Slight of Hand (then again I run SoH with almost all my weapons). It takes getting used to, and I burst fire the weapon because it tends to go everywhere if you hold it down for all 35 shots.

~ FN-FAL: It's a very good weapon, I love it, and I wish I could use it. It has lots of power, 2-3 shot kill, put a red dot on it and you're set (I think it has the same damage stats as the M14, but doesn't have as much kick). The reason why I can't use it is because I have a really fast trigger finger, and I think it's something in the game that says "Hey, you've got a modded controller" and the weapon locks up for me. I can't shoot but I can still move around, I can still zoom in, and all of that. It cost me killstreaks and deaths because it's locked up. And thus for me not dependable, and thus why I can't use it.

~ AK47: Also another good weapon. In both close and long range. It has a little more kill then say the Galil or Famus, but if you burst fire it for long range you can get the kills. Or if it's up close hold it down and it'll kill up close. I haven't really used it all that much, but form what I've used I like it.

~ Enfield: It's crap... don't use it. Every prestige I skip over the weapon because it's a piece of junk.

As for the rest... you're going to have to ask someone else for thoughts on them weapons. I've used them, but not enough to pass judgment on them.
    So I say go with an assault rifle and sit back a little more, or move around the map a lot slower. If you're just rushing in there and getting yourself killed then you're not helping anything (if you're playing Deathmatch that is... and even then you're just giving them killstreaks). Use low killstreaks (many people use the Chopper Gunner killstreak and they don't even come close to getting it, and thus a waste of a killstreak for them), don't use the RC-XD (you can not only help yourself but help your team out a lot more by using an UAV).

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    AUG and Commando are also pretty great assault riffles, in my opinion. AUG is very much similar to the FAMAS, though I feel it has a tad more recoil. It's great for close to medium range kills, and for long range kills it's definitely best to try and burst your shots. Commando has great low recoil, but also low damage. It's almost like the ACR from MW2, but with some more recoil. I'd say it's great for any range too.

All that feels more like personal opinion than fact though. Can't say I know the specific stats for either of those two weapons, but that's how I feel about them. I probably use those two more than any other AR's. Definitely agree with Arcanine to use them at the beginning, and then experiment with the other weapon classes/tiers when you're feeling more comfortable.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • AUG and Commando are also pretty great assault riffles, in my opinion. AUG is very much similar to the FAMAS, though I feel it has a tad more recoil. It's great for close to medium range kills, and for long range kills it's definitely best to try and burst your shots. Commando has great low recoil, but also low damage. It's almost like the ACR from MW2, but with some more recoil. I'd say it's great for any range too.

All that feels more like personal opinion than fact though. Can't say I know the specific stats for either of those two weapons, but that's how I feel about them. I probably use those two more than any other AR's. Definitely agree with Arcanine to use them at the beginning, and then experiment with the other weapon classes/tiers when you're feeling more comfortable.
    I like the Commando, but hate the AUG.
    My favorite SMG(isn't the 74u, surprise, surprise)is the MPL. If you throw a red dot on that mofo, it's insane. Close-range = you win always. Long-range is actually pretty good, especially for an SMG. It fires insanely fast, and has a little power behind it. I got a 20 killstreak with it earlier today, and ended up getting 67-2 overall with the gunner and dogs.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I think I've found a correlation between intelligence and people who use Second Chance. Got killed by a guy in Second Chance in a FFA where I was one away from winning the game, so I sent him a message telling him how terrible of a player he was and he sends me this back: "or u can kiss my ass cuz idgaf wat u say ure just pissed that u got killed by me in 2nd chance".

Call of Duty: Black Ops

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I like the Commando, but hate the AUG.
    My favorite SMG(isn't the 74u, surprise, surprise)is the MPL. If you throw a red dot on that mofo, it's insane. Close-range = you win always. Long-range is actually pretty good, especially for an SMG. It fires insanely fast, and has a little power behind it. I got a 20 killstreak with it earlier today, and ended up getting 67-2 overall with the gunner and dogs.

Totally agree actually. MPL and 74u are my favorites when it comes to SMG's. 74u is great all around, obviously. MPL, I love putting a reflex sight on. It's a great wrecking machine. :P Also, the Kiparis (I think that's its name?) is pretty great. I used it for the first time online yesterday. I burnt through ammo way too fast with it though, then again... it is an SMG.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Also, the Kiparis (I think that's its name?) is pretty great. I used it for the first time online yesterday. I burnt through ammo way too fast with it though, then again... it is an SMG.
    Put rapid fire on that and now nobody will ever have time to react to any of your bullets :D

Btw the new update is coming soon and snipers might become usable again <3

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Put rapid fire on that and now nobody will ever have time to react to any of your bullets :D

Btw the new update is coming soon and snipers might become usable again <3
    With rapid fire you can empty a clip in 2 seconds. It has 4 clips, so it would take 8 seconds to empty them all, around 12 including the reloading animation(with SoH), not such a good thing. It fires way too fast for its own good(with rapid fire), the gun just rises and you have little control over it. Close range = unparalleled. Long range = nononononono. I did a few trials with it, and extended mags gives it more bullets, and the fire rate is so rediculous it melts people close range. Long range is still not really viable like it is with the MPL, and definitely not like the 74u. I still prefer the MPL though.

Also, the next patch will be a "trial run". They are altering the knifing range as well, just to see if people like it and whatnot.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Looking forward to the knife range adjustment, as well as the more accurate sniping. I've stopped counting how many times my shots have completely missed due to this terrible glitch. :/

Back