• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Cameos?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Or we could Cynthia and Lucien make aperance and battle them with your support chracter in a double battle

Or better yet, reveal that Will and Lucien are rivals and you can actually witness battle between after you beat the pkmn league

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    you know I always wanted to actually witness a battle between to major trainers, but it hasn't been done yet. Anyway, if we see a May cameo, then I hope it'll be to introduce contests, because she would be perfect to use for that option.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    I don't know who would make a cameo. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Lucian battling Will. That would be cool. I just wanna battle Red again with new Pokemon so I can destroy him!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I don't know who would make a cameo. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Lucian battling Will. That would be cool. I just wanna battle Red again with new Pokemon so I can destroy him!

That reminds me

Hate to rear off-topic, but I heard that the reason why Red's team is made the way is is in G/S/C is b/c its based off the manga

Red was a reference to the Pokemon Specials manga Red.

Red's team in that is:-
    Venusaur(Saur)
    (Ridiculously powerful but not hax like the anime)Pikachu(Pika)
    Poliwrath(Poli)
    Snorlax(Lax)
    Gyarados(Gyara)
    Aerodactyl(Aero)

With an Eevee who can revert back if it evolves into one of the original 3 forms(ie: Jolteon -> Eevee -> Vaporeon -> Eevee -> Flareon -> Eevee etc.).

In the manga he borrowed Blue's Blastoise and Green's Charizard and went to Mt. Silver to heal off the events of the Yellow arc. He also brought his Eevee along, where it evolved into Espeon(and lost it's ability to change form) so his party was:-

Venusaur(Saur)
    Blastoise
    Charizard
    Snorlax(Lax)
    Espeon(Vee)
    Pikachu(Pika)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    To me, it doesn't matter who shows up as a cameo, as long as they have a purpose in showing up. For example, in DPPt, Prof. Oak appeared so he can upgrade our Dex and give us a few items. As well as how Jasmine showed up to give us the HM Waterfall.

Fiery Fiend : Jazz

Johto Trainer
    Years
    Manga cameos should be as follows depending on where HGSS is in the timeline
    If its the same as GSC then,
    Ruby should be fought in goldenrod (he'll be in one of the houses that had no doors in GSC)
    Sapphire would be there too but you won't fight her
    Blue and Red would stay in there old positions but you should be able to have rematches with Blue whenever you want. (note: I am using the US names)
    Green would be fought at the Power Plant, Seafoam Islands, and Indigo Plateau (or Mt. Ember if the Sevii Islands are included) After you beat her in one place she goes to the next place sort of like the tv reporters in RSE (forgot there names)
    If they expand the plot a bit further Yellow can pair up with you in Viridian Forest.
    Crystal is in Earls Pokemon Academy in Violet

Now if the timeline is after DPPt,
    Red, Blue, Green, will stay the same
    You battle Sapphire this time
    You compete against Ruby in a contest
    You compete against Yellow in the Bug catching Contest
    Emerald tags with you in the Battle Tower
    Crystal is in Kanto as Prof. Oaks Assistant
    Dia and Platina are in the top floor of the Pokemon Center when you're linking with someone playing DPPt
    Oh and Pearl's dad might be in there somewhere, never got past Ruby and Sapphire volume 16 in the actual manga so I wouldn't know

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I like the idea that Ampy got sick because Jasmine went to Sinnoh. Then there would be lmmore of a reason for it just being sick.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    You know what, giving the line a bit more reason to bring Volkner back because of the sick Ampharos makes sense now that I think of it more. Though, I wonder if they'll reaqlly do it, because it can add in a great cameo for Volkner possibly a mention of his Pokémon.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    Prof. Birch gets no love...he could fall out tree cause he got stuck researching a Johto Pokemon.
    Then he gives you something because you helped him somehow (If headbutt trees are in, ta da?)

Also/Or, May or Ruby (Manga, not Brendan) could introduce contest since they would technically be new to us at least in Johto region.

Leaf has to make a cameo IMO if Red is still there. Not to mention Blue/Green (Gary look a like) already is auto cameo for 16th Gym.

----------------
    Listening to: KiD CuDi; Kanye West; Common; Lady Gaga - I Poke Her Face
    via FoxyTunes

exteradude

Say at least Cynthia were to make a small cameo for a battle with Lucien as well. What three Pokémon do you at least think they'll each bring with them?

Out of all of these though, I think Prof. Rowan has a good chance for making a cameo in Kanto.
    Here, here! It does seem possible.

I wonder about Elm, though - Maybe he'll visit Oak in Kanto. Then again, I never saw him in D/P/P. He must stay in that Lab forever, playing video games on his Nintendo Wi -I MEAN - Researching. Yes, Researching.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Elm, I wouldn't doubt might simply stay in his Lab all the time, and not bother to even visit the Kanto.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Maybe Cyrus could make an appearance, not a like "I'VE RETURN MUAHAHA!!" more like you just see him in hiding, or "in-training" Possibly with Giovanni, mostly this won't happen but it would be cool.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If Giovanni appeared, then he can either be found trying to be a better man, or he can be plotting for bigger things with Team Rocket. It would quite interesting indeed to have Giovanni cameo in the game.

Years
    I'm hesitant on the Giovanni cameo, as I'd rather have his legacy and influence speak for themselves. The fact he wasn't involved but heavily mentioned proved on the impact he has made in the Pokemon world, so.

I'll say Jessie and James, since D/P did do a Bulter and Diane cameo of sorts (before NOA didn't get the joke and ruined it. Hee.), so anime or movie allusions are no longer out of line. Huzzah.

Back