• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Cameos?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I also think Jesse and James showed up in the original GSC as well.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah in Yellow, but I don't think in G/C/S.

Are you sure? Anyway, I do remember seeing Jesse and James in a battle against me in an older version game, I have to say it was really cool. If they do it as a small battle cameo for those two, I won't mind. Especially seeing as they've been in all regions so far in the anime.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Those girl TR players looked like Jesse, but I don't remember a specific TR member be named Jesse(and/or) James.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Those girl TR players looked like Jesse, but I don't remember a specific TR member be named Jesse(and/or) James.

I think, er...yes [lol] It was Jesse alone, but never the both of them I believe in the original GS games. Seeing as double battles are pretty popular these days though, it's a chance they can both make a cameo together.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    That would be nice to have both Jesse && James. Maybe they could be the executives, or someting. :3

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Besides Team Rocket, I wouldn't mind having a Sinnoh Elite show up, not Champion but an Elite. For instance, the guy with the big red afro (his name just isn't clicking to me right now) fro the Sinnoh Elite, the fire type. He can show up and explain what happened on Cinnabar Isalnd. Just an idea from my part anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Flint. You mean he could be the main one to tell what happens? I believe there were like onen/two people telling you what happen (including Blaine himself.)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yes, Flint was his name, thought if Blaine were to explain it then I guess it is very doubtful Flint could have the cameo chance.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Flint could have a cameo saying he's checking out what the volcano did to the island. (hen go into some childhood story about CI)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Flint could have a cameo saying he's checking out what the volcano did to the island. (hen go into some childhood story about CI)

You know what? I never thought it about that way. O_o I can say it is possible, bu tI just can't see it happening, when there are a lot more higher options for cameos.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    You know what, giving the line a bit more reason to bring Volkner back because of the sick Ampharos makes sense now that I think of it more. Though, I wonder if they'll reaqlly do it, because it can add in a great cameo for Volkner possibly a mention of his Pokémon.

Volkner's appearence would make sense and not. If pointing that Jasmine went to Sinnoh and then her Ampharos got sick, the storyline in G/S/C would be after Jasmines return from Sinnoh, it would be better if Jasmine would go to Sinnoh when Ampharos is OK already. Then she would came and mention Sinnoh and even Sunyshore.

I will also remember that Elekid is only obtainable on Crystal when the daycare old lady gives you an egg (with 15% prob. of being shiny). Other than it would be breedable from an Electrabuzz caught on Kanto (If there will be Kanto + After Elite 4 so you couldn't have an elekid on Johto).So,
    Volkner could be visiting Olivine (not Cianwood --.), maybe even visiting Jasmine (poiting that they're both Gym Leaders so it is possible that they are aquittances/friends), and the reason would be giving the player a Pokémon Egg, Elekid's Egg (why not?).

-

About Flint's cameo: Why Flint? Why not Flannery? There is no reason for Flint to make a cameo, I'm not saying that it is impossible and that it makes no sense, but in case it has no sense.

Last, I shall remember everyone that ANY character may make a cameo on this Remakes, or did you even wonder that Jasmine would appear on D/P/Pt?

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Jasmine's appearance was pretty awkward and I guess that was suppose to lead to this remake, most likely. There were some other things that lead to it and I only spotted a few like Jasmine, the Red Gyarados, but who knows that could've just been there.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Volkner's appearence would make sense and not. If pointing that Jasmine went to Sinnoh and then her Ampharos got sick, the storyline in G/S/C would be after Jasmines return from Sinnoh, it would be better if Jasmine would go to Sinnoh when Ampharos is OK already. Then she would came and mention Sinnoh and even Sunyshore.

I will also remember that Elekid is only obtainable on Crystal when the daycare old lady gives you an egg (with 15% prob. of being shiny). Other than it would be breedable from an Electrabuzz caught on Kanto (If there will be Kanto + After Elite 4 so you couldn't have an elekid on Johto).So,
    Volkner could be visiting Olivine (not Cianwood --.), maybe even visiting Jasmine (poiting that they're both Gym Leaders so it is possible that they are aquittances/friends), and the reason would be giving the player a Pokémon Egg, Elekid's Egg (why not?).

-

About Flint's cameo: Why Flint? Why not Flannery? There is no reason for Flint to make a cameo, I'm not saying that it is impossible and that it makes no sense, but in case it has no sense.

Last, I shall remember everyone that ANY character may make a cameo on this Remakes, or did you even wonder that Jasmine would appear on D/P/Pt?

What you said about Volkner has a strong point to it, and would be great for him to give you the egg of Elekid, that was a nice idea you mentioned if he were to have a cameo.

Also, you do have a point that anyone can make a cameo, but for me it is more than likely Prof. Rowan to have it, because of his significance with the Johto and Sinnoh games being compatable this time.

espa_roba11

I'm gay, yay!
    Years
    Since Cynthia had to get the secret potion from somewhere, I'm willing to bet she makes an apperance in Cianwood City. She says something aobut how your character reminds her of a guy/girl she met in sinnoh. Just a thoguht, it would actually make some sense too.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    This will probably never happen, but just expressing my thoughts, it would be so funny if Barry were to show up and challenge you in a battle, trying to show off his toughness that he tried to prove back in the Sinnoh to Lucas/Dawn. Then, he starts blaring about some Battle Tower of the sort that was recently put up in the Kanto or a nearby island. Highly unlikely, but just a simply thought.

Years
    I dunno...personally, I don't like the idea of a R/S/E remake. It just seems too soon, even to be talking about it. The 3rd Gen seems to current to have a remake JUST yet. Maybe it'll hit the 15 year mark, rather than 10 years, before a remake comes. But really, what more can be done to it? Increase the difficulty so that most people don't beat it in under a week and make it full 3-D instead of 2-D sprites? Maybe revamp the music somewhat? That's just me though.

As for the cameos in general...it depends on how they do it. They can't mess with it too much or the old fans of G/S/C would throw a fit.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they add in a cameo before you can travel and extend your Pokédex, then I agree they should not have the guest appearance change the plot of the game in any way.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    i would really like to see norman and brendan in their house before the move, this way we could see where hoen fits in with the timeline.

Back