• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Canada Elections 2015

Which party did you vote for?

• Conservative

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Democratic Party of Canada

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Liberal

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Bloc Quebecois

• Green party of Canada

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • While I'm not surprised at the Liberals winning the election, I am a bit shocked that they ran away with a majority like they did. And while I'm not the biggest fan of Justin Trudeau, I'd much rather see him at the top over the other options, especially another x amount of years of Stephen Harper.

That said, I actually voted NDP, but it was for the candidate rather than the party, as he's been a big contributor to the community for many years. Glad to see he won, but I'm not heartbroken at the rest of the party's results, as I probably would've voted Liberal if I lived anywhere else.

Years
  • Not too familiar with the Canafian political system but I do appreciate austerity politics and its advocates getting a good asskicking in the polls so that's a plus. Maybe it's a sign of things to come down south! :D

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Harper has been the leader of the reunited Conservative Party from the very beginning, though. Only time will tell how deep of an impression he made in the party and how easily the party can readjust to a new vision and a new identity.

Today, I heard on the radio that Harper resigned as the Conservative leader and is asking his group to choose an interim leader for the time being until they find a permanent leader.

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    I'm so glad that Harper is finally out. We really need to institute a term limit for the Prime Minister.

Like many, I voted strategically. Ideologically, I agree most with the Green Party, but the one year I voted for them it felt like a wasted ballot, and that frustrates me. I really don't like our voting system in that way. I'm glad the Green Party has at least one seat, though considering the Bloc has 10, it doesn't feel all that encouraging.

I don't have any strong feelings about Trudeau - I'm honestly mostly just glad it's not a Conservative. I really hope he'll repeal a lot of Harper's decisions and follow through with his promises, but I'll admit I don't have a ton of confidence.

I guess this post is a little sour, but I'm just trying to be realistic. Still, at the end of the day, I'm just really glad Harper is out!

~Psychic

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
    Years
  • I'm so glad that Harper is finally out. We really need to institute a term limit for the Prime Minister.
    ~Psychic

The US has a term limit of not having the same leader for no more than 2 terms. I like the limit because it institutes fairness and equality, making sure citizens have more or less ample chance if they were to be elected and then re-elected the next time an elections occurs.

All in all I voted NDP, and I don't believe in strategic voting, no matter how much sense it makes, should not be a thing as Erica mentioned.
    Am glad that Harper is no longer Prime Minister, although I do wish him the best in his next career and hope that he'll be more...endearing.

I shall be awaiting change from Trudeau and hope that he keeps all of the promises he has made.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Trudeau sounds like a real piece of work. More proof that the answer to a bad politician is not another bad politician at the opposite extreme.

Back