• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cartoon Network to CN. This also applies to you, Nickelodeon <_<

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
    Why... why? A new owner for Cartoon Network came in 2007, and after Toonami, it became s***. They replaced all the good shows with crap, and they made this thing called "CN Real" where it was rip-offs of reality/questionnaire shows. This also applies to you, Nick...

Anyway, my point is that entertainment these days are not that good... I feel bad for the little kiddies watching this crap...

R.I.P Cartoon Network/Nick 1990's/2000's.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Yes I totally agree with you there. I'm really not a nick fan so I can't speak on there behalf. Cartoon Network useto be so good when I was a kid and especially with stuff like Toonami and even Miguzi made the channel worthwhile. Now all these idiotic and badly drawn cartoons air (Flapjack, Adventure Time or what the hell its called). And seriously, why the f*** is there a Scooby Doo live show just pure madnesss, it was hell of a lot better as a cartoon. The only exception is Chowder cuz Chowder is awesome.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    YES, HOW DARE THEY GET RID OF THE CARTOONS I GREW UP WITH!

THESE KIDS DON'T DESERVE TO HAVE CARTOONS THEY CAN CHERISH AS THEY GROW UP!

THESE CARTOONS ARE THE GREATEST AND SHALL NEVER BE TOPPED IN THE EYES OF EVERYONE!

JUST LOOK AT HOW AWESOME THE SIMPSONS ARE FROM LASTING SO LONG!

CARTOON RAGE!

Although I do miss some cartoons from the last few years from Cartoon Network and Nick I understand these shows have a finite life time and CANNOT LAST FOREVER NO MATTER HOW LONG YOU WANT THEM TO!

GET OVER IT.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I only recently learned that Foster's was cancelled (or at least stopped), which is kind of sad :( that was one of the last cartoons I remember watching on Cartoon Network. The only other shows I watched were Dexter's Lab, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo...and most of those I only liked the older episodes of. I even remember watching a bunch of those on the "What A Cartoon! Show" before they were officially shows.

I was definitely a bigger fan of Nickelodeon though...Doug, Hey Arnold, Invader Zim, Aahh Real Monsters, KaBlam, The Wild Thornberrys (before she talked to animals), Pelswick, Figure It Out, Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Global Guts, Wild and Crazy Kids, (old) All That, Pete & Pete, Clarissa Explains It All, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Kenan & Kel, Space Cases, Secret World of Alex Mack...

Er, anyway, I don't really care that they're changing the programs. Sure, I miss the old stuff, but if they were continuing on now they'd probably be terrible (like most shows that go on way beyond their legacy). Plus, I'm an adult, watching shows like that not only seems weird but comes across weird. I'm perfectly fine with watching Law and Order reruns, tyvm.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I love Cartoon Network's new shows. Especially Adventure time because of all the cool characters and the great animation in it. If you want old Cartoon Network so bad just get Boomerang if you don't already have it.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Think about this for a minute, is the world of Cartoons and their hosts changing, or are you just getting older?
    In my opininion, a lot of people are sore because the cartoons now "aren't what they used to be", I mean, if they were then no one would watch them. What children want to watch repeats from the 90's and early 2000's all the time? But alas, we have the internet for this kind of thing, you can basically dig out any cartoon and any episode with the tap of a keyboard and a click of a mouse.
    The money the kids TV shows make now is much higher than what it used to be. What does that say for the opinions of those who cast aside the quality of current programs? The cartoon industry is massive but the days when Disney ruled the visual air-waves is well and truely done, film is where they clean up now.

Times are changing, we're growing older but the audience remains the same. If cartoons are aimed at a dynamic 6-12 year old audience then we have a small margin of chance to be interested in the new things they throw out now.

Personally I think the programming on now is perfectly justified and perfectly good quality, but of course our generation -my generation-, seen the foundation of the cartoon world so a lot of what we see now is re-hashed in many ways, we're just not fitting the target audience any longer. So I would in ways, disagree with your opinion on the networks but I can see how you see it that way, very clearly in fact.

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    I'll admit that I miss Dexter's Lab, the Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, the old Spongebob, Rocko's Modern Life, etc., && I feel the a lot new shows on televison are kak.

But one thing I've noticed is that every generation says that about the shows they grew up with in comparison to the cartoons on the telly today.

The fact is that you're just growing out of cartoons. Was the production value different?? Yes. Better?? In our opinions, yes. The collective interests of the projected demographic (6-14 in most cases) changed, thus the shows that did well changed. && since any show's goal is ratings, the way cartoons are made changed.

Although I must say, Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack is kind of one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

EDIT: In retrospect I see that my post basically just reflects everything Abnegation just said. So... just disregard me, I suppose =PP.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I really don't mind it all that much. I rarely go on Cartoon Network anyway, anymore. The only time I go on is for Pokémon...if I remember to record it.

Also, at least Nickelodean kept Spongebob. :D

RaveSage

Eccentric Sheep
    Years
    Well, Nick already had shows with real people. Those guys from Good Burger, All That, The Amanda Show and whatnot. Granted their new shows are all poor, but yeah. As far as CN goes, they really did change for the worse and they were one of my two tv stations I watched frequently. Now I only watch it if Flapjack is on since that's the only interesting show on there anymore. [AS] has also lost my interest ever since they dropped a few of their old animes and stopped airing more than two on weekdays. Now I almost never watch TV. At least it'll save on my college budget.

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    Also, at least Nickelodean kept Spongebob. :D

Spongebob got terrible after the movie.

New writers, new producers, && a new target audience, && the simple fact that they were running out of ideas transformed that show from a show with both childish humor && dry, occasionally Monty Python-esque jokes to a show that's just... downright incoherent. && not in the good way, either.

Spongebob, Inuyasha, The Simpsons, && Law & Order all serve as examples of why when you run out of ideas, in most cases it's better just to stop.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    The only thing that bugs me about CN is the stupid CN. I mean... when you are Cartoon Network.. then why the eff are you showing live action shows?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    The only thing that bugs me about CN is the stupid CN. I mean... when you are Cartoon Network.. then why the eff are you showing live action shows?
    Why doesn't MTV actually show any music?

Think about this for a minute, is the world of Cartoons and their hosts changing, or are you just getting older?

Back in my day, TV only had sixty-one channels! We didn't use this new fangled internet wonder machine for reruns and we had to Pay Per View for special occassions! /shakes cane

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    MTV does show music... all the time.

I dunno about you, but I legitimately can't remember the last time I saw a music video on MTV. These days it's just From G's to Gents, Tila Tequilla reruns, && Jackass. I like all those shows && everything, but they belong on like, VH1, E!, SABC, Zone Reality, or the like. Not on Music Television...

Nagisa

✰だんご 大家族 ✰
    Years
    Hai.
    CN got really bad over the years, I like Toonami, and I like the shows.
    From the Voice Actor of Goku, said that Dragon Ball Kai might be airing on Nickelodeon.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    It's nostalgia at work. We all like the old shows of the '90's and early '00's, but they're long gone. It's just the different shows, different hosts and stuff that we're not used to. Because we're now older, we're not as interested in watching new shows. I mean, for me, even the old ones have lost their shine. =|

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I dunno about you, but I legitimately can't remember the last time I saw a music video on MTV. These days it's just From G's to Gents, Tila Tequilla reruns, && Jackass. I like all those shows && everything, but they belong on like, VH1, E!, SABC, Zone Reality, or the like. Not on Music Television...
    You know, it's called the 80's. Good times.

Back