• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cartoon Network to CN. This also applies to you, Nickelodeon <_<

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    Actually, I was born in '93, but I was pointing how much it's changed.

That's a fair point.
    I don't know if I'dve wanted to live in the '80s, though. Actual music television would be awesome, but not worth al the other crazy stuff that went on back then.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm glad I don't care much about nostalgia, because every single one of you is gonna feel stupid as hell when this generation of children says the exact same thing in a decade >_> You're you growing the hell out of cartoons. Get over it and start putting some effort in your work/education.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    You're too old for cartoons.

shame shame- you're never to old for anything.... that's like saying you're to old for pokemon and look where we are
    and i agree, the crap they spew out today is... well.... crap- i miss toonami
    i will admit though- i do love Chowder, Adventure time, and Flapjack

Last edited:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    I'm glad I don't care much about nostalgia, because every single one of you is gonna feel stupid as hell when this generation of children says the exact same thing in a decade >_> You're you growing the hell out of cartoons. Get over it and start putting some effort in your work/education.
    One of the few fans of Adventure Time I know is almost 30 years old.

It's not all nostalgia; some of these new shows really suck.

Go back and watch something like Rocko's Modern Life. There's plenty of adult humor hidden in there for the parents forced to watch the show with kids. The new shows are just... random not-funny things strewn together in random order.

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
    I... can't believe that they put Totally Spies back on. Not to mention its sequel. I thought it was gone forever. ><

Even after their tangle with live action shows which pretty much ended with them dropping most of them, they still try to put in live action shows with Unnatural History. I mean it's clear people don't want them. And tell me why the heck they keep "Dude, What Would Happen?" and "Destroy, Build, Destroy?" >_>

And whose bright mind is it that they think Ace Ventura Jr., Batman & Robin, and Son of the Mask are good movies.

VZM

Years
    In all fairness, I understand these networks have to make money in order to survive, and I suppose live action shows with bad actors/singers/dancers or what have you are quick stunts for great profit. But actors get older, have limits, and simply do not have the power of prevalence that cartoon characters do. Look at Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, Scooby Doo, even more recent fictional creations like Spongebob and Sonic the Hedgehog. These characters are recognizable by almost any child on the planet. They are unique and individual, and you can do anything with them that your mind can imagine. You can't do that with (talentless) actors. I am so disappointed in Cartoon Network's white flag to Disney and Nickelodeon by filling their timeslots with worthless stunts and hackjob child actors. If anyone remembers Fried Dynamite and Out Of Jimmy's Head, it's safe to say those were clear signs of failure on their part to successfully knock off these kinds of shows. No offense to the CN executives, but I hope these shows bomb and CN tries to do its own thing instead of mutate into Disney Channel 3. Otherwise, they might as well take the "Cartoon" out of their name in a few years.....

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I gave up around the one where he was hallucinating about giant Krabby Patties or some absurd ****.

Oh come on, everyone knows that was the best episode of season 4

You're too old for cartoons.

That's exactly what my dad says a lot, especially when watching reruns of Spongebob, and there are cartoons for Adults too, unfortunatly, all adult animation is South Park due to "follow the leader", so all of them are dead baby comedies

Even after their tangle with live action shows which pretty much ended with them dropping most of them, they still try to put in live action shows with Unnatural History. I mean it's clear people don't want them. And tell me why the heck they keep "Dude, What Would Happen?" and "Destroy, Build, Destroy?" >_>

Even though they are clearly rip-offs of the far superior show known to all man as Mythbusters (and really bad ripoffs too)

And whose bright mind is it that they think Ace Ventura Jr., Batman & Robin, and Son of the Mask are good movies.

Apparently, TV does not rot your brain, it rots THEIRS.......

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    no one is too old for cartoons

there are a couple quality shows airing on CN; the rest i've watched and deemed crap from a more mature perspective, especially in comparison to the more witty and aesthetically innovative (courage the cowardly dog comes to mind) cartoons i grew up watching. i would miss the old cartoons, but they're on my hard drive ;-D

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Back in my day, TV only had sixty-one channels! We didn't use this new fangled internet wonder machine for reruns and we had to Pay Per View for special occassions! /shakes cane
    [/FONT]

xDD

Ahh, the "old" Cartoon Network...and Nick...and Disney...When I was a kid, those were the only three channels I chose to watch. I probably still would if my cable hadn't gone out Yes, they were awesome. Yes, they suck now. But how much you wanna bet that the 80's-early 90's generation hated the late 90's-early 2000s generation? We grow up, move on, and hope that the creators have good enough sense to end the shows when they run outta ideas. Really.

*prays that the Pokemon games don't start to suck when shes's older D:*

Pass!on

I'll go swimmin' in your eyes
    Years
    Although I must say, Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack is kind of one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Haha, yes! My little brother is crazy about that show, so he showed me one day and I was like "WHAT. Flapjack is the most adorable kid I've ever seen!"

Anyway, I agree that the times just change. Just look at the difference between 90s cartoons and the old Loony Toons. Ten years from now, teenagers are going to be like "Aaaaah, remember CN? Those were the days.." No use complaining about it, its not meant for us anyway. We just sound like a bunch of bitter old people.

I still watch Boomerang sometimes for nostalgia. I haven't changed at all. The older cartoons still crack me up.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    Actual music television wouldn't probably work nowadays because everyone would be complaining about how fabricated and mainstream(not HARDCORE METAL!!1!! enough) the music shown on it would be.

And if you miss good cartoons, go watch Phineas and Ferb. :D

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    Why... why? A new owner for Cartoon Network came in 2007, and after Toonami, it became s***. They replaced all the good shows with crap, and they made this thing called "CN Real" where it was rip-offs of reality/questionnaire shows. This also applies to you, Nick...

Anyway, my point is that entertainment these days are not that good... I feel bad for the little kiddies watching this crap...

R.I.P Cartoon Network/Nick 1990's/2000's.

I know right! I hated that! Ed, Edd n Eddy, Dexter and all. I loved those shows. The ones they have now are crappy. And I loved toonami. I remember the mobile unit that used to go around. But, I think the shows changed with the audience. I watch some of the old shows on Boomerang and when my younger cousins come in, they seem less interesting in those than the ones that cartoon network shows now.

Back