• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cartoon Network to Reportedly End Toonami Tonight

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
    Years
    It's sad to see toonami go I remember when i was 5 when toonami first started to air thats what first got me into anime not what am i going to be a watching during saturdays. Also what the heck are they going to be replacing it with?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    The only anime CN would keep would be Pokémon and Naruto (Not counting Bleach because it's on [AS]). I expect Bakugan to go soon and for Greass (on [AS]) to go after the contract goes away. But I'll salute Toonami in my sig.

R.I.P Toonami (1997-2008) You went out with a "Bang".

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Well, I just watched Tom's final speech thingy on Youtube, and a serge of memories just forced themselves back into my head. Although I stopped watching Toonami some time ago I found myself very sad over its cancellation. Now that I think about it, if it wasn't for Toonami, I never would have gotten into Pokemon (unless I stumbled upon the games somehow), or anime for that matter. It was pretty much my only tie to my childhood, and now it's gone.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah I started watching Toonami when I was 18. So I really don't have a childhood, lol. I was adult by default. XD But that block made me a big anime fan. I am sure going to miss it. <3

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
    Once they got rid of mar, zatch bell, prince of tennis, DBZ, and one piece they had nothing but naruto and that was only good until they got to the fillers now it sucks.
    But I'm still a bit let down because I have watched toonami for so many years it will feel strange when it is gone.
    =[

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Thinks Toonami went down hill after the showed Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo then after that it was doomed to fail.

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    Eh... I stopped watching about two years ago, anyway. The only cool thing that Toonami still had was Tom. Steve Blum is an awesome VA and the fact that he stuck with the voice of Tom for so long was a plus. I still tried to catch it every few months to see what had changed and, though Tom changed in look, he was always done by Steve Blum.

For those of you who do not know, Steve Blum voiced Spike Spiegel in Cowboy bebop.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah, but you won't see Tom 4 and the other robots. And there is a movie coming on tonight. So no Naruto, Ben 10, or Samurai Jack. They will be back next week. But Toonami is gone. It it just normal programming.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I had some fairly good times with Toonami, so it's a little sad to see it go. However, the shows they put on it weren't that good. They just took all the good shows off of it, y'know? The only Anime they really had on it was Naruto, and the other ones are on Adult Swim. It's fine though, I can watch all my Anime on Youtube. XD

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah around late last year Toonami was staring to go downhill. The only anime came on were Naruto, One Piece, and Dragonball Z. But then they got rid of One Piece and Dragonball Z. So yeah it started not being good. The only good show was Naruto...

I agree with you Tater Tot. ^^

I just wish it went back to its original glory...

Oh well I still got Adult Swim though. But when that goes...then CN is totally dead to me.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    In response to the post above, CN isn't dead to me at all. They've still got Chowder, Total Drama Island and sometimes they show the reruns of Kanto/Johto. I never watch Adult Swim though. And I'm really not surprised they canceled Toonami though, it was awful. Probably no one watched it.

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    Once they got rid of mar, zatch bell, prince of tennis, DBZ, and one piece they had nothing but naruto and that was only good until they got to the fillers now it sucks.
    But I'm still a bit let down because I have watched toonami for so many years it will feel strange when it is gone.
    =[

also samuri Jack. lol. i love taht show

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    but don't the memories of wacthin DBZ,Ryukenshin ,Zoids ,Cyborg 009 , etc make you feel sad?

Totaly dude, Toonami used to be so good now it's just crap. I was kinda hopeing it would get good again, but now this?!
    I also have know reason to watch Craptoon Network now.

Last edited:
    Back