• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
This is a call to action! The current Ultimate Monotype Challenge thread is going to be closed on Friday night, and we are only 71 posts from achieving 3000! If you are playing a Monotype or have ever considered doing one I would ask that you do your best to help us achieve this goal in the next few days. I know it's possible from seeing heavy activity in the thread in the past. Please help us reach this goal!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282238

11wildy

Me!
Years
Another possible addition to the forget oldest move could be that TMs are allowed, but also move up in line for oldest move, so TMs are forgotten after 4 new moves are learnt.

Years
Ooh I would definitely participate in the Oldest Move Challenge if it becomes a thing! I also had an idea, but it feels a little too simple and time-consuming. What if there was a challenge for X and Y where you have to supertrain your pokemon in stats that are their worst ones? You wouldn't have to go whole hog on it and do all 510 EVs, maybe only half?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I'm doing a challenge where I get the bare minimum amount of EXP in the game and see how far I get

ooh boy, that's going to be a lot of pokemon caught.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ooh I would definitely participate in the Oldest Move Challenge if it becomes a thing! I also had an idea, but it feels a little too simple and time-consuming. What if there was a challenge for X and Y where you have to supertrain your pokemon in stats that are their worst ones? You wouldn't have to go whole hog on it and do all 510 EVs, maybe only half?

That is time consuming, but sounds like an amazing concept. I'd love to see that.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
I have an announcement to make.

I have decided to give away my sole challenge. I no longer wish to hold on to it. I simply do not have the time or willpower to keep it. Knowing my luck with the Hunger Games Challenge (Thanks LilJz), the next owner of this challenge (if there is one) will probably make this challenge very successful. If I can't find an owner, I'll post again and ask a mod (Everlark u listening??) to take it down. Thanks.

Years
That is time consuming, but sounds like an amazing concept. I'd love to see that.

I was thinking the same thing actually. However, it could be modified so that instead of opposite EV training, you just have to have a mon only learn moves of the weaker variety? And to make it harder you could have a hindering nature for the already bad stat.

i.e. an adamant Crawdaunt with Surf/Ice Beam/Crunch/Crabhammer for Gen III

This allows all games to participate instead of just XY, and opposite EV training could easily be another addition for XY. Also in gens before abilities, everything else would apply?

Oh and dual attackers could have to learn supporting moves :D (or still be trained in the lower of their two stats)

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
New Challenge Idea.
Since there's a lot of people out there who don't wanna reset their files, but want to do a challenge.
I wanted to make a challenge and link all the other challenges and call it the Elite 4 Challenge. Where basically, all you have to do is beat the Elite 4 again with whatever team you decide to use based on the challenge you pick.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
If you're looking for challenges to allow people to not restart their game, I know Syd has that personal challenge called the Hall Of Fame Challenge, which people might be interested in.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Alright, two days before I delete the challenge thread, if no one wants it, then I'm taking it down. I'm surprised that no one has wanted it, with all the hype about X & Y.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Tiny update on my current status:

I'm in London, I managed to find a seemingly affordable place to live in. It's a nice, double room, in a cute, little flat. Two of our flatmates are also romanian, one is English, the other's French and there's a new guy that just moved in that nobody even knows the name of, much less their nationality.
I'm looking for a second job, as my very first job sucked so I ended up looking for another one and all I could find at that moment was a job as a nanny, 3 days a week, for like 5-6 hours.
My brother is still looking for a job since he worked here and there, but none of those pricks would keep him around, because it's common practice to get tons of people to work for you for a day or two and then get rid of them without paying them >_> (that's if you don't work legally, with a contract and pay slips and all that, but for that one needs a proof of address, a bank account and a National Insurance Number. To get a bank account you need the proof of address as well so...yeah, it's a waiting game until we get that by having bills of the house set in our names so we can prove that we live where we live and stuff -.- )
I still didn't get a laptop of my own and I honestly got other, more important stuff to worry about than that, like my rent that's due in 2 weeks and that I can't pay -.-

I'm missing you guys Q.Q

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If I can't find an owner, I'll post again and ask a mod (Everlark u listening??) to take it down. Thanks.

For future reference, and this is to everyone, if you're ready to let go of a thread, you need to contact me directly. You can post in here as well, but if you're trying to address it to me, you really need to just PM me. There is no guarantee I will see it in this thread, especially on the days that people are posting in it a lot.

Will reply to other stuff in the morningggg. I'm tired. :(

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
For future reference, and this is to everyone, if you're ready to let go of a thread, you need to contact me directly. You can post in here as well, but if you're trying to address it to me, you really need to just PM me. There is no guarantee I will see it in this thread, especially on the days that people are posting in it a lot.

Will reply to other stuff in the morningggg. I'm tired. :(

Sorry, didn't know I had to PM you :(

P.S. Get some rest ;)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
maybe a run where you use only (dragonflycave.com) the pokemon you got on the personality test, and the pokemon you get on your zodiac birthday (all gens), meaning I would get togekiss (togetic), chingling/chimeco, sudowudo, nidoran(female)/ninorina/nidoqueen, and ho-oh, plus a pokemon of your type, like I would get ground).

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That sounds neat. :o

I have been so busy collecting things in X that I've totally be neglecting my challenge in Y. ~_~ I think gen VI is gonna be one of those games that I just like to hoard a ton of Pokemon and never replay the games lmao.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Happy late Valentine's Day, birds! I hope you all had a great day and enjoyed being pink. I was at work all day, so I didn't get to ravel in my wonderful color. I wish I could be pink always. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back