• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer Miror B.

The user formerly known as Orrefan8888
Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2017
    I'd definitely play that one as well (even though I have too many as it is...). Looks like a ton of fun!

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2023
    Would a Pick My Team challenge be alright here or would it not work? It's where members can pick your team for a run of the he and decides if they screw you over or bless you with Pokémon you might've never even used.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • The Ones That Got Away works like that sorta, though you give the range of Pokemon that can be chosen from so the possibility of screwing you isn't really there. Random Pokemon Challenge is a bit like that too, though it's dependent on luck rather than what a person chooses. I think that would be a challenge that would work here, as long as you didn't make it too similar to either of those.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I've got an idea for one - the Gym Type Challenge. You have to beat each gym using only Pokemon of that gym's type - so you must beat Misty using only Water-types, Erika using only Grass types, Whitney using only Normal-types, etc. Would you guys play this challenge or is it a bit too much?
    This challenge seems awesome and I would have never thought of it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2014
    I think using just the starter with no evolutions is boss. You are also not allowed to use other Pokémon in place of battle to heal him/her. My best personal record was getting to Lorelei with a level 75 Charmander on Pokémon FR.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Would I have to get permission to revive an inactive challenge?
    If the Challenge is less than 2 months old you can post in it, but if it's older you are free to make a new thread for the Challenge in question.
    I think using just the starter with no evolutions is boss. You are also not allowed to use other Pokémon in place of battle to heal him/her. My best personal record was getting to Lorelei with a level 75 Charmander on Pokémon FR.
    That can already be done in the existing Solo Pokemon Challenge.

Years
  • So, I was looking up for the Seven Deadly Sins and Heavenly Virtues for an apparent nerd-ish reason until I received a sudden clarity. "Perhaps these Seven Deadly Sins and Heavenly Virtues could be turned into a Pokémon Challenge, given that they are assigned to their according types" I thought. Either I overdid this and crossed the borderline for Christian Ethics, or I'm just in a world of my own where someone would actually make this into a challenge..

Reactions: Tek

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I saw that the Conquest Theme challenge was revived a little bit ago, and since it's been dead for a while, can start a new thread with slightly different rules?

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
    Years
  • I have an idea for a challenge, and I want to make sure it would actually grab anybody's attention before I go and make a thread for it.

The RPG Challenge: The challenge is that each Pokemon on your team is treated as a character from an RPG, and each gym leader is treated like a boss. Each slot of your party would have to be filled by a certain class, and each class would have certain restrictions and advantages. Party members could also not learn any new moves until a boss is beaten. This is the premise of the challenge, does it sound good so far?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I have an idea for a challenge, and I want to make sure it would actually grab anybody's attention before I go and make a thread for it.

The RPG Challenge: The challenge is that each Pokemon on your team is treated as a character from an RPG, and each gym leader is treated like a boss. Each slot of your party would have to be filled by a certain class, and each class would have certain restrictions and advantages. Party members could also not learn any new moves until a boss is beaten. This is the premise of the challenge, does it sound good so far?
    We have had some challenges in the past based on RPG tropes, so it's definitely something you could do. I would suggest doing some digging to look at some older threads and see what they did to look for inspiration and such. Definitely cool.

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
    Years
  • We have had some challenges in the past based on RPG tropes, so it's definitely something you could do. I would suggest doing some digging to look at some older threads and see what they did to look for inspiration and such. Definitely cool.

Glad to see there's some interest! I'll dig around and see what else I can find for inspiration.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I too have an idea for one. I wanted to post it here first as i wanted to see if it would be good enough and i have no name for it.
    basically you would play through a game with a team that is made from certain conditions.
    you would use your favorite pokemon from the gen the game is from, your least favorite, one you never/rarely use, ect. stuff like that. also, i like the the challenge of using pokemon that a character in the anime has/had. it would be perfect to play along with the anime style challenge.

Tek

Years
  • Hey Challenges, long time no see >.<

I wanna kick around an idea with ya'll. I've added a Spirit Guide to the Native American Myths challenge, but I'm not sure how best to implement it. Way back when, the shaman would give a tribe member some hallucinogens and send them out in the woods til they encountered an animal spirit. I want to emulate this process, but not yet sure exactly how. Thoughts?

I too have an idea for one. I wanted to post it here first as i wanted to see if it would be good enough and i have no name for it.
    basically you would play through a game with a team that is made from certain conditions.
    you would use your favorite pokemon from the gen the game is from, your least favorite, one you never/rarely use, ect. stuff like that. also, i like the the challenge of using pokemon that a character in the anime has/had. it would be perfect to play along with the anime style challenge.

Do you mean that your first Pokemon would be your favorite from that gen, your second Pokemon would be your least favorite from that gen, and so on?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Do you mean that your first Pokemon would be your favorite from that gen, your second Pokemon would be your least favorite from that gen, and so on?
    Yeah. so if i were to play soul silver, then i would get cyndaquil as my favorite, igglybuff for my least favorite, tyogure since i've never used it. other things could be one of those but with pokemon of a certain color like your favorite red pokemon. an optional thing would be to make a list of these and someone else could randomly choose them.

Tek

Years
  • Yeah. so if i were to play soul silver, then i would get cyndaquil as my favorite, igglybuff for my least favorite, tyogure since i've never used it.
    an optional thing would be to make a list of these and someone else could randomly choose them.

Interesting. It's like a hybrid of a bunch of other challenges.

other things could be one of those but with pokemon of a certain color like your favorite red pokemon.

Or maybe a Pokémon of your favorite color?

Tek

Years
  • yeah. the name is the most challenging though. i'm not good at thinking of names, especially pokemon and other fictional things.

It occurred to me that you could call it the Mosaic Challenge.

Or the Patchwork Challenge Quilt. Challenge Patchwork Quilt? Something like that XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back