• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeEpicStudios

EpicStudios
Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    Here is a Challenge that I made up today it is called a Fusionlocke which is a Nuzlocke, Wedlocke, Egglocke, and a Randomizer Combined

Nuzlocke Rules
    Rule #1 - If a Pokemon Faints you have to release it
    Rule #2 - You have to catch the first pokemon you see in an area
    Rule #3 - If you already caught it or any of it's evolutions you must turn in for an egg and hatch it
    Rule #4 - Nickname all the pokemon that you catch
    Rule #5 - You are not allowed to trade with anyone even the NPCs
    Rule #6 - Turn the battle style to Set
    Rule #7 - No Items in Battle expect Poke Balls, You can use Items outside of battle
    Rule #8 - No Hold Items in Battle
    Rule #9 - You can't use TMs, but you can use HMs
    Rule #10 - One Pkmn Center Heal per town and you get a free Heal after you win a gym battle
    Rule #11 - You can only use Poke Balls to catch any pokemon
    Rule #12 - No Legendaries allowed even if they have a gender
    Rule #13 - You can't use the Daycare Center

Wedlocke Rules
    Rule #14 - Pokemon fight in pairs of two
    Rule #15 - When a pokemon dies in that pair you must deposit the Living team Member in the Lost Partners Box and can't be used until another pokemon partner faints of the opposite gender

Egglocke Rules
    Rule #16 - You Must have at most 2 Full Boxes of Eggs one of Male Eggs and another full of female eggs
    Rule #17 - When One Pair beats the entire gym of their own they both must be switched for eggs which is the next pair that replaces them

Randomizer Rules (Gen 3 to Gen 5)
    Rule #18 - You must randomize your starters
    Rule #19 - You must randomize the trainers by type and make sure they have no legendaries
    Rule #20 - You must randomize the TMs if they are the same type that the original TM was you may use it
    Rule #21 - You must randomize the wild pokemon with the type themed and No Legendaries
    Rule #22 - You must randomize the move tutors
    Rule #23 - You must randomize the Static Pokemon (Normal-->Normal and Legendary-->Legendary)
    Rule #24 - When you randomize the game you must not make a log file!

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Locke variants have to clash with the main Nuzlocke rules to be their own thread. So something like an Egglocke or Wedlocke can get its own thread. Most Locke variants that come through don't interfere with the main rules and can be added as personal rules when signing up in the main thread. So as long as it's different enough from the main and can't be integrated with it, you should be good for approval. And, of course, following other rules in the section. :P

Years
  • Well after a few weeks of completing the Megaman Zero series on the NDS, I've come up with an idea to convert Zero's Forms into a class. So, as you progress through out the story, you can obtain these forms through various requirements of course. Well, I'm working up the rest of it. Also, I don't mind if someone were to make a thread out of this because I don't mind. Just.. PM me or somethin', because I have a LOT in mind for this one.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Anyways, I thought of an interesting thing to potentially add to the Challenges forum: a subforum where each person who has completed a set number of challenges can create a 'showcase' thread where they can display all of their completed challenges and the teams they used for each one. For example, I would like to have a place where I can see all of the monotypes I've done with the teams I used in one place, with pretty CSS. The only issue I can think of is if there would be enough usage. I'm not entirely sure how many Challenge regulars there are who have completed enough challenges and who would like to create such a thread. Also, it would probably add extra work for Syd since she would have to approve of said threads (and probably deal with a lot of spam).

I understand that people put that type of thing in their signatures and their profile, but honestly I don't have enough room in my signature (and there isn't enough room on the profile either) to put all of the details that I would like to have, and I wouldn't be able to present it with pictures, CSS, etc. in my profile. Perhaps it could work like the [Studio] prefixes over in the trade corner so there wouldn't have to be a complete sub forum for something that likely wouldn't get much use/attention.

Bringing this back up since I think it got overlooked when I posted it a while ago. With the new DCC this hopefully won't get overlooked again; also I believe I posted this before Necrum got modded so maybe he'll be interested in actually implementing something like this.

Years
  • Bringing this back up since I think it got overlooked when I posted it a while ago. With the new DCC this hopefully won't get overlooked again; also I believe I posted this before Necrum got modded so maybe he'll be interested in actually implementing something like this.

I would actually really like that idea. Some of you probably know me as the guy who always likes to talk about what he uses and goes through in big battles, so I think this idea would be interesting for people who would like to share more detail about their teams and how they feel they did with them. So yeah, i'm all for it, I don't know about Jak and/or Necrum, though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Anyways, I thought of an interesting thing to potentially add to the Challenges forum: a subforum where each person who has completed a set number of challenges can create a 'showcase' thread where they can display all of their completed challenges and the teams they used for each one. For example, I would like to have a place where I can see all of the monotypes I've done with the teams I used in one place, with pretty CSS. The only issue I can think of is if there would be enough usage. I'm not entirely sure how many Challenge regulars there are who have completed enough challenges and who would like to create such a thread. Also, it would probably add extra work for Syd since she would have to approve of said threads (and probably deal with a lot of spam).

If there would be enough interest in it as well as Necrum's, I could push for it in HQ. However, before I was promoted I tried to get another subforum in place here and that didn't go through sadly. The basis of that subforum would be similar to this one, in a sense. It was to be called Challenge Logs where you could log your previous challenges in one post since not everyone has blogs (so essentially what you've posted) as well as house threads where people can update on their personal challenges, such as something like my Hall of Fame Challenge (see my blog for a better example of that) or if someone's challenge didn't get approved, but they still wanted to do it anyway. It would be weird to monitor though and I wouldn't want it to take away from the main forum (like you shouldn't post your monotype in Logs when there's a thread in the main forum obviously), etc. But I have actually been meaning to pose this suggestion to Necrum to see if I could go for another round of trying to get this on board with higher staff. Now that I am on higher staff, I might have a better chance this time around.

Again though, if there's not enough interest in this, I'd rather not give Challenges a dead subforum.

Also Necrum, sorry I never got to PM you this like I was planning to haha. But with Gulpin bringing up that suggestion again, it prompted me to say something.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
    Years
  • I would love to see something like this added, Of course you can check each individual post to see what people have and haven't completed but having it all under one roof where everyone could see what kind of challenges people favour and who has completed the most overall challenges. I hope something like that can be done.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Perhaps instead of a dead subforum, something like the [Studio] tags over in the Trade Corner. I'm not sure how implementing those types of tags work, but maybe that would have a better chance of making it through h-staff. By using such tags instead of an actual subforum, it would also allow multiple tags for different things like logs and personal challenges. Plus, the tags wouldn't distract from the main forum.

Another perk of adding something like this is that it could serve as a resource for other challengers. For example, someone could look in my logs of my monotype challenges to see what teams/movesets worked for me in certain games with certain types.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2015
    I imagine someone has done this before, but I'm going to be starting a challenge which is based on the Nuzlocke, but without the typical catching rules. Instead, the main difficulty will be that the lowest levelled pokemon in my party must be used at all times and cannot be switched out until it out-levels another pokemon in the party, or dies. This means that I have to trust that the weak pokemon can level itself up. In essence, it means that I'll end up with more pokemon than in a nuzlocke, but I imagine more deaths, particularly early on. I don't have a name for this challenge yet, but maybe something like the Faithlocke challenge.

Rules
    1) If a pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be permanently boxed or released.
    2) I am only allowed to catch a pokemon if it is the first time it (or any of its evolutionary relatives) has been encountered in the wild. All caught pokemon must be nicknamed.
    3) At any time, the pokemon with the lowest level must be used in battle, and cannot be switched out until it exceeds the level of another pokemon in the party.
    4) If the party is not full, an eligible pokemon from the box must take its place. It must be the lowest levelled pokemon within the box.
    5) No use of the EXP share (optional)
    6) No running from wild battles (optional)
    7) No healing items within battles (optional)

I'm going to be playing on X. I imagine this will be a bit easier than other games given the sheer number of available pokemon. I'm really hoping I'll get a few pokemon that manage to go the distance and last a good amount of the game!

Edit: Oh wow, this challenge is tough. I'm playing all the optional rules. So far I have a team of 4, and I've lost 11 pokemon. I've only just beaten the first gym. That, or I'm rubbish :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Rule #9 - You can't use TMs, but you can use HMs
    Rule #20 - You must randomize the TMs if they are the same type that the original TM was you may use it

conflict, much?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Bringing this back up since I think it got overlooked when I posted it a while ago. With the new DCC this hopefully won't get overlooked again; also I believe I posted this before Necrum got modded so maybe he'll be interested in actually implementing something like this.
    If there would be enough interest in it as well as Necrum's, I could push for it in HQ. However, before I was promoted I tried to get another subforum in place here and that didn't go through sadly. The basis of that subforum would be similar to this one, in a sense. It was to be called Challenge Logs where you could log your previous challenges in one post since not everyone has blogs (so essentially what you've posted) as well as house threads where people can update on their personal challenges, such as something like my Hall of Fame Challenge (see my blog for a better example of that) or if someone's challenge didn't get approved, but they still wanted to do it anyway. It would be weird to monitor though and I wouldn't want it to take away from the main forum (like you shouldn't post your monotype in Logs when there's a thread in the main forum obviously), etc. But I have actually been meaning to pose this suggestion to Necrum to see if I could go for another round of trying to get this on board with higher staff. Now that I am on higher staff, I might have a better chance this time around.

Again though, if there's not enough interest in this, I'd rather not give Challenges a dead subforum.

Also Necrum, sorry I never got to PM you this like I was planning to haha. But with Gulpin bringing up that suggestion again, it prompted me to say something.
    Perhaps instead of a dead subforum, something like the [Studio] tags over in the Trade Corner. I'm not sure how implementing those types of tags work, but maybe that would have a better chance of making it through h-staff. By using such tags instead of an actual subforum, it would also allow multiple tags for different things like logs and personal challenges. Plus, the tags wouldn't distract from the main forum.

Another perk of adding something like this is that it could serve as a resource for other challengers. For example, someone could look in my logs of my monotype challenges to see what teams/movesets worked for me in certain games with certain types.
    I like the idea, and clearly some other people do too. I just don't know how it would work best to implement. I'll sit on the idea and chat with Syd when she's back.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Looking forward to it! To be honest, I've been mulling over ideas ever since it didn't go through the first time, so we'll see what we can put together.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2014
    another thingy to make games harder and more fun!(except when your fave pokemon dies.lol)
    the rules are like this:
    -you may use only normal and part normal type pokemon throughout the game.

-all nuzlock rules apply!
    *-you may only catch the first pokemon in any new area.
    *-if a pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be released\kept in a graveyard box or wonder treated.
    *-no revives of any sort.

-if the first pokemon you encounter in a new area isn't a normal type, you may catch it and keep it in a box but never use it.(not even for HM slaving).

-if a pokemon loses its normal type upon evolving (
    fletchling or azurill), you may keep it and continue using it normally. (pun intended)

-in case you encounter a shiny pokemon:
    **-if first in area: you may use, it and if it faints, you are allowed to revive it only once. not more.
    **-if not first in area: you may catch it, but it must be kept in a box and never used.

-if you want to catch a legendary, you may do so but if it isn't normal type, you must keep it in a box and never use it.
    ***-a normal type legendary may be used in the team even if not first in it's area.

Years
  • So a while back, on Twitter, Marriland was attempting a Wedlocke variation called the "Naturewedlocke", which involved Pokémon's natures and their characteristics and how they would behave in battle. I'd want to go for it myself, but it'd be really crazy if I were to attempt it. He hasn't touched it since April I think, but here was his idea:
    http://marriland.tumblr.com/post/82272635012/naturewedlocke

Tek

Years
  • An idea for a challenge came about from my friend and I discussing Pokémon. He pointed out that, as trainers, we beat wild Pokémon into unconsciousness, and then walk away. Not only would the Pokémon (like Caterpie) be defenseless against predators (like Pidgey), but any aquatic Pokémon would likely drown. Imagine all the dead Psyduck floating in Ilex Forest

Now don't worry, I'm not on an anti-Pokémon crusade here. But it got me thinking. Thus I present the Stewardship Challenge:

1- You may not faint wild Pokémon, except where neccesary for story progression.

2- You may not inflict wild Pokémon with burn, poison, or curse. You may inflict wild Pokémon with sleep, freeze, or paralysis if you are capturing it - but you must have at least ten Poké Balls.

It seems to me that this challenge will probably only work on X/Y, since we get XP for captures, as well as boatloads of money during the game.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • An idea for a challenge came about from my friend and I discussing Pokémon. He pointed out that, as trainers, we beat wild Pokémon into unconsciousness, and then walk away. Not only would the Pokémon (like Caterpie) be defenseless against predators (like Pidgey), but any aquatic Pokémon would likely drown. Imagine all the dead Psyduck floating in Ilex Forest

Now don't worry, I'm not on an anti-Pokémon crusade here. But it got me thinking. Thus I present the Stewardship Challenge:

1- You may not faint wild Pokémon, except where neccesary for story progression.

2- You may not inflict wild Pokémon with burn, poison, or curse. You may inflict wild Pokémon with sleep, freeze, or paralysis if you are capturing it - but you must have at least ten Poké Balls.

It seems to me that this challenge will probably only work on X/Y, since we get XP for captures, as well as boatloads of money during the game.
    I would say change rule one to say you can't knock them out intentionally. It would be pretty unfair for someone to be disqualified because of an unlucky crit.

Tek

Years
  • I would say change rule one to say you can't knock them out intentionally. It would be pretty unfair for someone to be disqualified because of an unlucky crit.

Good call. There could be an optional penance rule for accidental faints. Y'know, for masochists.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back