• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Cool Zorogami! Btw it's your turn in the BP challenge.

My remaking of the Mega Evolution Challenge thread is coming along slowly :l It would be a lot quicker if I had someone skilled in CSS because I only know rudimentary CSS :(

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Had an idea for a challenge after reading today's Unapproved Challenges. A challenge where each time one of your Pokemon gets knocked out, you have to replace it with another Pokemon from the same line and treat the old one like it's dead. This idea emulates the phoenix and thus would be the Phoenix Challenge. I don't want to run this so if someone wants it feel free.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If anyone remembers that event (Challoween I think) where one Pokemon was replaced if knocked out, it's basically that challenge but the whole team follows that rule. :P It was pretty interesting in the lengths I went to make sure that didn't happen. XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. why?

"WEAVILE used Brick Break!"

usually it uses ice punch which OHKO's my budew in my budew solo run...

this time, I WON. now I can finally move on.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Jak, is it possible to reserve a dead challenge while I find the time to recreate it? Because I was thinking of reviving the Eeveelutions challenge, previously owned by Orianna, and I want to remake it myself, but I just don't have the time to do it right now. If I can't reserve it or something, I'm gonna have to work fast. If I can, then that would be good, but I still want to do it soon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    omg I looked at Time Warp earlier and was like 'wow this is a neat challenge'

Shows how I use to make one too many challenges, when I can't recall them

If only I had the time to bring back the 'I'm going to send you random eggs deal with it' challenge
    Yeah, I'm really proud of Time Warp now ^^ I'm thinking on expanding it some more at some point xD

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • a little OT but cool...

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Jak, is it possible to reserve a dead challenge while I find the time to recreate it? Because I was thinking of reviving the Eeveelutions challenge, previously owned by Orianna, and I want to remake it myself, but I just don't have the time to do it right now. If I can't reserve it or something, I'm gonna have to work fast. If I can, then that would be good, but I still want to do it soon.

Sure, that's fine. The reservation page isn't up yet (really sorry about that guys, but I'm in the final stretch at school!) but you can still have dibs.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

question regarding the announcement: Is it mandatory (for mods) to give an infraction to those who double-posted? I mean, specifically just for this section, wouldn't it still be generally 'okay' to post your first progress -assuming no one else has signed up yet- after the first post, which solely contains rules and challenger lists?

Well, I'm thinking it's no big deal either way, anyway. I mean, one could just take the infraction and wait for it to wear away over time...and keep away from other infractions til then, but yeah consider me curious.

and d'aww, I totally forgot bout the Ranger's Challenge. Maybe I should've named it Timelocke or something. Everybody loves dem lockes. Dreadlockes. Padlockes. Monoblockes. I recall reading about a similar challenge, though... not sure if it was here in CI&D or was already a thread.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • question regarding the announcement: Is it mandatory (for mods) to give an infraction to those who double-posted? I mean, specifically just for this section, wouldn't it still be generally 'okay' to post your first progress -assuming no one else has signed up yet- after the first post, which solely contains rules and challenger lists?

If the reason, like this one mentioned, is within the rules, you're fine. No warning. It's not a full infraction, just the yellow card warning. So it's nothing major, just a bit more incentive for people to not break that rule. I think most of my work here in the past few weeks has been merging double posts and it's never been this bad. And if that person wants to wait out the yellow card and keep doing it, they can have a red one. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Years
  • So what exactly happened with the Nuzlocke thread? How did superstrength79 take the title of it from vaporeon7? Do mods do something with a previous poster that makes someone new the owner of the thread? Are posts merged or something? Because vappy was the previous owner before SS79 was.

If I had known something like that would be possible, I could have just asked to take the ownership of the Wedlocke thread from Adam/Sairento when he said he was leaving, instead of making a new one. (Although looks like he changed his mind pretty quickly.) Not that it matters though, he didn't mind me taking the thread and I like how i'm running it, anyway.

tobyjoey

place text here
    Years
  • I think this is where I should be posting this? I am the creator of the Pokemon Trainer NPC Challenge, and I have decided I would like to give the challenge to someone else. I have some stuff going on in real life, and I can not give the commitment to my thread. Thanks.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • So what exactly happened with the Nuzlocke thread? How did superstrength79 take the title of it from vaporeon7? Do mods do something with a previous poster that makes someone new the owner of the thread? Are posts merged or something? Because vappy was the previous owner before SS79 was.

If I had known something like that would be possible, I could have just asked to take the ownership of the Wedlocke thread from Adam/Sairento when he said he was leaving, instead of making a new one. (Although looks like he changed his mind pretty quickly.) Not that it matters though, he didn't mind me taking the thread and I like how i'm running it, anyway.
    Thread ownership can be changed by a moderator merging 2 posts together from different users. This is actually how I got Monotype and Random, because those threads were both quite active when I took ownership of them. Far as I know, most of the time Syd likes people to make new threads. It's only really popular threads with a lot of posts that she changes owners on.

In the case of Nuzlocke, Vappy isn't able to update it at the moment so Superstrength is only taking over temporarily so it can be updated til he returns.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    I think this is where I should be posting this? I am the creator of the Pokemon Trainer NPC Challenge, and I have decided I would like to give the challenge to someone else. I have some stuff going on in real life, and I can not give the commitment to my thread. Thanks.

This is the right place, as it's where I passed on my Hunger Games challenge to LilJz :3

I could take it off your hands if you need someone to run it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

He asked a few weeks or so ago about Vappy and if he'd be updating soon. I haven't heard anything from him in a while. SS79 contacted me again recently to see if I had any news on Vappy's situation and he offered to be the temporary owner (though I mean, had he offered to be perma, I wouldn't mind that either). I allow people to take ownership of the existing thread, and I do that by merging a dummy post with the main post and change ownership of the post to the new owner. It's a simple process!

Thanks! Should I delete the old thread? Should I upload any previous challengers progress?

You don't have the power to delete threads I'm afraid, but you could always request a lock. However, it's easier for new owners to take over the current thread than making a new one (usually, anyway...challenges that have been up longer and accumulated more sign ups might want a new thread altogether, but it depends on the new OP's preferences really).

When you two work out the best option for the thread, just PM me and we'll get it all sorted out!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back