• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge the Prism League!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Well that reduces battles to zero skill whatsoever if the fastest Pokémon in battle (or perhaps the sturdiest) happens to know Spore, a 100% sleep-inducing move. I still argue it's forbidden on that basis alone; it's a guaranteed hit.

Makes me wonder why I didn't choose Grass as a type if that's legal.
    The thing is though, if you switch the sleeper out, then I can't put any more of your pokes to sleep until the sleeper dies or wakes up. There's also things like Sleep Talk, Insomnia, Lum and Chesto berries, and the fact that Grass types are immune to the most common sleep inducing moves except Dark Void.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The thing is though, if you switch the sleeper out, then I can't put any more of your pokes to sleep until the sleeper dies or wakes up. There's also things like Sleep Talk, Insomnia, Lum and Chesto berries, and the fact that Grass types are immune to the most common sleep inducing moves except Dark Void.
    So I can legally be put to sleep, unable to do anything with whoever is in battle, and I'm supposed to be willing to accept taking a free hit just to send the sleeper out of danger, only for the sleeper to come back out and die a painful death later?

Sorry, doesn't seem fair to me.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Get a status absorber, cleric or a grass type lol.

Also not switching out is dumb when something is put to sleep when its unable to do anything js, so you only have yourself to blame if you lose.

DracoLatch

http://www.pokecommunity.com/s
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2022
    PokeCommunity username:DracoLatch
    Division being challenged: 3ds
    3DS FC: 2809-8370-7209
    Team to be used (just the species is fine): Braviary, Hawlucha, Lucario, Greninja, Machamp, Alakazam

Ingosmex

Prism League Associate
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    Free and available for gym challenges should anyone wish to challenge my gym ^ _ ^

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2014
    I'm pleased to declare my challenge of the Prism League.

Sign-Up Sheet:
    PokeCommunity username: Doaks
    Division being challenged: 3DS
    3DS FC/battle server alt(s): 4098-2530-5167
    Team to be used: Dedenne, Banette, Froslass, Ninetales, Dragalge, Carracosta.

The Prism League

Prismatic Beams Aligning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2015
    The OP should be up to date as of this post with challenger progress and new challenges. If you see any mistakes please call them out - thanks!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Subbed in for Lobrix's gym against Polar, got 6-0'd:

2FZG-WWWW-WWW9-P4NT

So Polar has gotten the Moss Badge (again).

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
  • So I can legally be put to sleep, unable to do anything with whoever is in battle, and I'm supposed to be willing to accept taking a free hit just to send the sleeper out of danger, only for the sleeper to come back out and die a painful death later?

Sorry, doesn't seem fair to me.
    I just thought of something. If you go to your options, is you're battle style SET? If so, please change it to SWITCH. Because, no offense, but screw that SET feature.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I just thought of something. If you go to your options, is you're battle style SET? If so, please change it to SWITCH. Because, no offense, but screw that SET feature.
    But that doesn't affect online, does it?

And yeah, I use Switch in my gameplay.

EDIT: This doesn't pertain to League business, so PM me if you want to discuss further. :)

Last edited:

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • ^ Good sh*t Cyclone :P Takin' it to PM's when it doesn't fit here haha. Nice nice

Also lookin' forward to my first legit match as a leader / elite in a long time here soon, since TGM is finally in the elite section of the 3DS league. Just PM or Skype me when you wanna challenge mate :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2014
    So, whilst participating in random battles I noticed a rather gaping weakness with the team I used to declare my challenge (3DS league). As I haven't had my first challenge battle yet, I was wondering if I could be allowed to revamp my roster before my first showdown.

Back