• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Changes you expect on the Rival(Silver)

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    I prefer the new look Silver makes him look more athletic and bad-ass

TeirusuFX

-ω-
    Years
    If they change him majorly in any way, I'll march over to the Game Freak company and smack the president with a paper fan.

I hope they give him more of a purpose, and actually reveal why he's the way he is.

I can't believe they made his hair look like Mars from Team Galactic. That's so unfitting for him.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they change him majorly in any way, I'll march over to the Game Freak company and smack the president with a paper fan.

I hope they give him more of a purpose, and actually reveal why he's the way he is.

I can't believe they made his hair look like Mars from Team Galactic. That's so unfitting for him.

I wouldn't necessarily call it "unfitting" for the new look on Silver. As you can see he still looks tough as usual. Actually, he looks mroe tough than before and he's also go a better appearance in his art. The hair is what actually keeps him looking less of a bully and more of a serious trainer. To me, I think it is the new hair look than has kept the bad and rough look on Silver over looking like the cheerful Gold and Soul [new female]. Basically, the new look for him has kept me on a good side with the game because it still keeps his game personality as a larger rival than the ones we've had recently.

As for him being in the game, I don't see much alternation coming towards him. Probably more of strength in his Pokémon, a minor change in his wording and possibly a few new encounters. Not to forget, seeing as we will be obtaining a National Dex, I would presume his team will eventually evolve into the newer generation of Pokémon like some have said. This may possibly happen when we meet him once again in Mt. Moon.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Silver is so cool now that I actually wouldn't mind playing as him(if that was allowed XD)
    He is way more classy and does look like the complete jerk who would steal a pokemon. He looks thinner, more athletic, and as if he has a few tricks up his sleeve :D

The old Silver just looks like a fatso loser

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    Yes, compared to his Sugimori art, the great new jacket has been altered and so has his overall look basically. However, he isn't absolute horrid, but would have been better matching his new art look. As for his animation [if he gets one] I can picture a shift in body and a movement in the arms. I do compliment the game makers though, because he looks tougher than his original sprite in the original and he has still kept that mean and rival look. I'm sure though it may appear a little bit better in detail once the game is out and you actually get to play it.

Are we sure this is the official sprite for Silver? It could be fanmade. Still I guess it is a good sprite. I thought the jeans would be blue since his new art has blue jeans too.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Are we sure this is the official sprite for Silver? It could be fanmade. Still I guess it is a good sprite. I thought the jeans would be blue since his new art has blue jeans too.
    Now why would a fanmade sprite be on the official site? /hit

But yes its very real

Years
    *puts up flame shield*

I personally hope that they replace Silver's Sneasel and Magneton with Donphan and Ursaring. IMO those two were the weakest on his team, not to mention that the Magneton is completey random and could have been replaced by a Johto Pokemon. Phan and Ring are both fairly strong(especially with the proper held items), and have a tough appearence that go quite well with Silver.

EDIT: Also I really hope that they keep the theme for the fight with him at Indigo Plateau the Champion's theme. At first I was confused by this until I realized that it wasn't his battle theme, it was YOUR battle theme. For the first and only time in Gamefreak let you fight as the champion with the champion music; it was a fantastic touch that should definitely be kept in the remakes and hopefully later games.

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013

Like stated, the image with Silver's sprite is from official sources. Not to mention it is around other sites as well and came with the Coro Coro scans. This alone proves it is basically a realistic reference to the game. However, the only thing I had wish they had done was keep the new Sugimori art matching his sprite, rather than making the change to him in the game.

*puts up flame shield*

I personally hope that they replace Silver's Sneasel and Magneton with Donphan and Ursaring. IMO those two were the weakest on his team, not to mention that the Magneton is completey random and could have been replaced by a Johto Pokemon. Phan and Ring are both fairly strong(especially with the proper held items), and have a tough appearence that go quite well with Silver.

EDIT: Also I really hope that they keep the theme for the fight with him at Indigo Plateau the Champion's theme. At first I was confused by this until I realized that it wasn't his battle theme, it was YOUR battle theme. For the first and only time in Gamefreak let you fight as the champion with the champion music; it was a fantastic touch that should definitely be kept in the remakes and hopefully later games.

Sneasel and Megneton now compared to the two of them ten years ago isn't something you should match up. As with their high stats and more wide range of moves, they put up quite a challenge. Not to forget, these two Pokémon [their evolutions] are placed in the OU tier of the metagame, which alone makes it wildly known as useful and powerful. The Al level in the original game was also lower compared to that now, so if it is raised for Silver, then he should seem a bit more of a challenge in the remake. I wouldn't like his Pokémon benig replaced though, because it won't seem too much like the original Silver and his Pokémon. Plus, Sneasel and Magneton seem to have more of a relation to Silver's tough-like nature.

As for the theme with us versus Silver, I'd definitely like the theme back. It was different compared to other games and would be a change for when rebattling our rival. I'll be hoping for this to return with Silver in the remake, so we'll see how it turns out.

Back