• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Changes you expect on the Rival(Silver)

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    I´d personally like him to have MUCH bigger role in these new games than he had in old Silver, Gold and Crystal where he was just like some other trainer except that you´d battle him more than once. : DD Also I would love him to have some new pokémon in his team and after E4 should be REALLY strong, almost like Barry´s in Platinum. : P

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    The new artwork for Silver came in today and you can also see his sprite. Here is the image.

Changes you expect on the Rival(Silver)

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Here's an idea. After he battles you before the Elite Four (and you win) he says:

"You know what? It doesn't matter! You'll never have the courage to stand up and really be as strong as me! Trainers like you are weak. You'll see, I'm going to be a champion one day, while you're bogged down by your precious Pokémon!"

Then he's the Viridian Gym leader:

"I told you I'd be here. Trainers like you are pathetic. Smothering your Pokémon with love is sick. If you weren't busy back in Johto with that moron professor, you could own a gym, too! But too late! I'll show everyone I can run a gym better than that other guy!"

This would imply that he doesn't know that Giovanni is his father, and Giovanni died. His son took up his mantle without knowing. Then where'd Green end up? Perhaps lingering around somewhere, or wandering Kanto.

I know none of this is very feasible. Just a fun little idea.

Norcinu

Beginning Snagger
    Years
    I'm waiting for a huge drama about his parents and how Giovanni isn't his real father and instead Roark is and his mother is Commander Mars due to their striking simularities and- and...

XD Lol, jks.

sonicisrad

^ Yes he is. ^
    Years
    Here's an idea. After he battles you before the Elite Four (and you win) he says:

"You know what? It doesn't matter! You'll never have the courage to stand up and really be as strong as me! Trainers like you are weak. You'll see, I'm going to be a champion one day, while you're bogged down by your precious Pokémon!"

Then he's the Viridian Gym leader:

"I told you I'd be here. Trainers like you are pathetic. Smothering your Pokémon with love is sick. If you weren't busy back in Johto with that moron professor, you could own a gym, too! But too late! I'll show everyone I can run a gym better than that other guy!"

This would imply that he doesn't know that Giovanni is his father, and Giovanni died. His son took up his mantle without knowing. Then where'd Green end up? Perhaps lingering around somewhere, or wandering Kanto.

I know none of this is very feasible. Just a fun little idea.

...Dude that owns.

I like it. Blue doesn't need to be in HG or SS. He is a Gen I character and should make way for the newer (and better imo) rival.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    For a side by side comparison:

Evil he still looks.

With this being shown ,I must say the new Silver outclasses the old art of Silver far beyond compare. Not to mention, the new Silver is more modern, highly detailed, and has more of a darker look than the older version from ten years ago. The hair, now that I look more into it, the newer style is a lot better. Even though it may have similar resemblance to that of Mars and Roark, when I see it now, I like it better. Silver now looks taller and stronger. He also has more of a knowledgable look and with his eyes and posture, it seems like he doesn't care about anyone but himself and becoming stronger [which is a large benefit].

The old Silver looks good too, he always did. However, the new Sugimori art outshines it more and definitely is a plus in my opinion. Seeing this makes me more excited to see how he turns out in the game. With this being said, I'd definitely like his wording in the game to be a bit more straight foward and tough. Not to forget, I'd like his Pokémon to become stronger as well, with of course the newer moves and better Al for him.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    I definitely agree with the others who say that Silver should definitely have a larger role in the story. Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I would like to be able to challenge him to re-matches like we can do with Barry in DPPt. I never liked the fact that Silver just disappeared after Mt. Moon and you never saw him again. I'd like for him to hang out somewhere at certain times of the week so you can challenge him over and over. And of course, I'd like for his Pokemon to keep increasing in level after you beat the Elite Four a certain number of times.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    Perhaps this idea has already been thrown out there, but maybe he could be the person that Game Freak uses to maybe develop some sort of plot for Kanto. That way, we could get more out of him, and you wouldn't be told, "Here's the Kanto region! There are eight new Gyms for you to challenge here! Winning does nothing except earn you a pat on the back, but still, eight new Gyms!"

Years
    I definitely agree with the others who say that Silver should definitely have a larger role in the story. Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I would like to be able to challenge him to re-matches like we can do with Barry in DPPt. I never liked the fact that Silver just disappeared after Mt. Moon and you never saw him again. I'd like for him to hang out somewhere at certain times of the week so you can challenge him over and over. And of course, I'd like for his Pokemon to keep increasing in level after you beat the Elite Four a certain number of times.

i believe you could rebattle him in the dragons den (blackthorn city)
    but yeah, i hope this feature returns
    and the whole re-battling gym leaders thing.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015

i do not like his ingame sprite :<
    it doesn't look as nearly as great as his art D:

i hope it gets animated tho >3<

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013

i do not like his ingame sprite :<
    it doesn't look as nearly as great as his art D:

i hope it gets animated tho >3<

Yes, compared to his Sugimori art, the great new jacket has been altered and so has his overall look basically. However, he isn't absolute horrid, but would have been better matching his new art look. As for his animation [if he gets one] I can picture a shift in body and a movement in the arms. I do compliment the game makers though, because he looks tougher than his original sprite in the original and he has still kept that mean and rival look. I'm sure though it may appear a little bit better in detail once the game is out and you actually get to play it.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    original silver looked more like a bully who picks on little kids

new silver looks more like a prettyboy, but he'd still get his hands dirty, he wouldn't pick on little kids, he wouldn't do that because he'd find that pathetic, . with the pose, it makes him look as if he believes hes better than others. it works better for his character.

the sprite looks too plain. its not bad but its not as detailed as i hoped. hopefully they'll put the finishing touches before the games released 8D

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    Even though that sprite isn't quite as good as the art, it still tells you how he is as well as one could expect. He deserves a good sprite, because I think he's one of the best rivals. He's certainly better than Barry and May. You kind of wanted to beat them for being annoying, but Silver, him you wanted to cream for being a horrible person. I wish they'd make the rivals like that more often, but I suppose that's a, "Bad influence on the kids who play."

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Yeah, the sprite could've been better but you never know when you add in an animation( he better have one!) And if he did have an animation i think it would be cool if at first he was crossing his arms maybe with his head held high...

Back