• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changing a Species Permanently Mid-Battle

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I'm working on a script that checks if the player's pokémon is of a substantial level to evolve, at high friendship, or holding an evolutionary stone when it level up in battle. The pokémon needs to be of a substantial friendship level for this check to occur regardless of evolution method.

I've had difficulties actually changing the species after the check passes.
    Can I just set the species to the new one, calcstats, then refresh the sprite?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Pokemon in battle (PokeBattle_Battler) are separate but connected to Pokemon in the player's party (PokeBattle_Pokemon), specifically so that the pokemon in battle can change forms without affecting the pokemon in the player's party. If you want to make the change permanent, you will need to specifically set the species on the pokemon in the player's party.

Also, make sure the player is still allowed to cancel evolutions if they wish.

Back