• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Chaos Black (1337 march '05)

How many hacks?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2006
    hey can someone help me out?

hey i been playing the chaosblack version and i can't seem to find my way out of the cave between pewter city and cerulian city. i mean is there something missing in that part of the game? cuase i can't seem to find any exit. can someone help me out?

burny_2005

Nintendo Wii = Ownage in a box
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen May 31, 2011
    Thats because it stops there, its only a BETA, it isnt finished.

tome15

Im brother of knaspergold
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    wow awesome videos
    yust try to make new tilesets

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    The videos are great ;)
    Only route 1 is quite confusing and there are some glitches there.

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • thats funny... Im sure i posted this before....

ANYWAY
    yeah, new tilesets will be in beta 3.

Differences between 2 and three will be purely cozmetic

Route one is supossed to be difficult so i dont get a heap of noobs playing it. This is my revenge for the how do you get past mt moon stuff >_>

Edit>
    Ok, So my symester of tafe is over, so i have 3 weeks of cb hacking. FINALLY

and remember to watch teh video's
    They feature route 1, first two towns and a cave.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN8TSbUifQA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvHkMHGAhcQ

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2006
    I love this hack my problem with it is people are selling this on ebay on GBA carts when its not even finished yet :disappoin
    stupid people wasting their hard earned cash. TBH though I'd happily play it on my GBA when it gets completed.

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • You and me both.

Bah, having some hacking troubles at the moment tho. I used my friends program to change the pokemon names (thats mew3's poketronic .7 XD) (yes im to lazy to hex) and the pokedex became all messed up. I bid you warning over that, and i think that was the main problem i had with the alpha, and the reason i restarted. Luckily i caught it on early eh?

plus, all the info i need to put into the ini so i can use baseedit and bewildered. Plus to rub salt into the wound (which always feels good.) i have no idea what to put. But im getting this all done quicker than i expected, so thumbs up and eat the candy!

Edit:> Anyway. Gave the hack back to mew3 for a while so he can do some stuff.

An update on Pokemon Sprites:>

68% pokemon sprites complete (thats 103 out of 151 pokemon), including old pokemon
    57% NEW pokemon sprites complete (thats 68 out of 120 NEW pokemon)

Ill update that number reguarlly so you can see how many pokemon will be in the beta.

Now, some other info.

All the area up to first gym is completed, with the gym being dark.
    When i get the rom back, ill edit up to the next gym.

Hooray

After some torture and interrigation from someone, i have come to decide that i will have a trio of legendaries.

Which will be ghosts.

and such.

Any suggestions, dont be afraid to ask me!

im wondering if i should ahve a pre beta FAQ, and put it in the first page, so if you have a question, it WILL be answered.

Why am i going to do that? so i dont have to mt moon answer again.

Edit 2>

Looky!

Chaos Black (1337 march '05)

Code:
    [CENTER][URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=38787"][IMG]https://www.enixcomics.com/bannersupport.PNG[/IMG][/URL]
    [/CENTER]
    Ok, i have no idea how to write so you can see the code, but you get the point XD

Yes, i fell to what everyone else did. Please put it in YOUR signiture, maybe if you did that, someone may post in this thread!

Sharanza

Returning: Platinum Silver
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2007
    great hack and awesome sprites but try to make new tiles

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2007
    Wow this game looks awsome. I have seen it at ebay. And some rom sites.
    It is great! But there is a saving problem. I think it saws something like exchange to backup file?

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2011
    boy this is some cool stuff but i cnt copy and paste the new affliate

Last edited by a moderator:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • It is great! But there is a saving problem. I think it saws something like exchange to backup file?

this "saving problem" is from the original FireRed ROM itself. when the FR rom first came out, there was a save patch that was in order for you to download and patch to the rom. since there's only an ALPHA (jeez enix, people don't seem to get the whole greek ordering concept), you shouldn't be so concerned about saving the game through the ROM, and should instead, save it through the emulator.

also, i just wanted to say i completely support this game even though i haven't played the alpha yet. it looks real good, and i hope things are working out for ya. ;)

Kaeru_ike

Teruki - Miku - Bou - Kanon
    Years
  • You are a lucky bastard! Or..?

Isn't it strang knowing your hack is pirated in China? I found your rom on the internet right now. Well... I would be proud of myself if some chinese guy pirated mine:P
    Keep up the good work

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    No.

You should check first before asking.

Kaeru_ike said:
    Isn't it strang knowing your hack is pirated in China? I found your rom on the internet right now. Well... I would be proud of myself if some chinese guy pirated mine
    Keep up the good work
    While it would be cool, the thing is, he doesn't get any credit for the game, and moreover, some jerk is out there making money from his hard work.

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • Samson said:
    this "saving problem" is from the original FireRed ROM itself. when the FR rom first came out, there was a save patch that was in order for you to download and patch to the rom. since there's only an ALPHA (jeez enix, people don't seem to get the whole greek ordering concept), you shouldn't be so concerned about saving the game through the ROM, and should instead, save it through the emulator.

also, i just wanted to say i completely support this game even though i haven't played the alpha yet. it looks real good, and i hope things are working out for ya. ;)

O.o

i cant beleive this....

SOMEONE WHO FINALLY UNDERSTANDS!

your my new bestest friend ever!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back