• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Characters Discussion Thread

Favourite Rival?

• Belle

Votes: 39 60.9%
  • Cheren

Votes: 25 39.1%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Well Cheren seems to not have found himself though his journey unlike Belle, he asks himself if he has grown stronger or if only his pokemon has which makes me like Belle more for being the stronger person :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    Belle. Because she seems so clumsy and friendly. I'm actually quite happy that she is the Champion. Just because you seem clumsy and simple doesn't mean you're unintelligent!

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • Belle reminds me of Barry; but Cheren looks a little too serious. The nerdy kind of serious. So I like Belle better. Plus, she's a total ditz so I feel a personal connection.

liliebiehlina3siste

~PokemonSpecial~
    Years
  • Bel, not only she goes on a jorney against the wish of her father, she also becomes the champ!
    Also she's the first rival that wears a hat (I DO NOT count N as a rival) AND the first FEMALE Rival (Excluding May, the "offical" Rival charcter is Wally)
    <333 Bel is awesome (and looks like she is related to Barry somehow O_o)

But i also like Cheren of cours ;)

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Thats why Ash doesn't travel with Belle, she is the rival, Ash never travels with the rivals in the anime.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Bel, not only she goes on a jorney against the wish of her father, she also becomes the champ!
    Also she's the first rival that wears a hat (I DO NOT count N as a rival) AND the first FEMALE Rival (Excluding May, the "offical" Rival charcter is Wally)
    <333 Bel is awesome (and looks like she is related to Barry somehow O_o)

But i also like Cheren of cours ;)
    Oh yeah she is, I barely noticed :P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Belle for me. She's just as cute as May is, and, unlike May, you get to battle her fully evolved starter. I can't believe she's the champ at the end of the game, though.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I've always had a soft spot for Cheren ever since the rivals were revealed. His looks and apparent personality drew me to him, and I can't forget that.

Belle, however, is more memorable, now that I've seen the rivals in action. She's the rival that I think of first these days when thinking of B/W.

So I like both, but I think I lean more towards Cheren in general. He's the one I have more interest in, despite the fact that his rival formula has been seen before.

The Red Chain

It's very difficult to choose between them..

Cheren is very slick, serious, and awesome. Typical rival, but he does it so well. Belle is sweet, clumsy, and a little bit ditzy. Not a typical rival, but it's still a very nice change. :3

I loved the opening sequences with the two rivals, where you battle them out, and get to see their personalities in action right away. I have to say at least between battle animations that Belle's wins. Getting her Pokeball stuck in her bag and having trouble pulling it out, then bouncing on her foot to keep balance after getting it out just won my heart. <3 However, the "VS" banner.. Cheren wins that one. He looks too awesome to ignore.

All in all, I really can't choose. They both have their charms. D:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Renamed the thread to Characters Discussion Thread so we can talk about all our favorite characters or give our opinions on any of them.

To add on, I like Dento. He seems like a pretty laid back person and his green eyes are gorgeous. o//o

Choroneko

チョロネコ
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2012
    Renamed the thread to Characters Discussion Thread so we can talk about all our favorite characters or give our opinions on any of them.

To add on, I like Dento. He seems like a pretty laid back person and his green eyes are gorgeous. o//o

Okay, that's a good idea :).

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
  • Bel, surprising no one. She actually has character development and motivations! Wow! In a Pokemon game?! Not only that, but I find it awesome how she comes across as a very cutesy character, but turns out to be an utter badass by defeating the entire Pokemon League. That, and she reminds me of a female version of Barry (my second-favorite Rival), except she, quite unlike Barry, does not follow in her father's footsteps.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Favorite Rival: Belle, but damn, am I the only one who notices she looks like a Female Barry?! WITH THE SAME CLOTHING COLOR SCHEME!!!!! Still, she's a ctue, clumsy badass XD

Favorite Gym Leader: Dentoooooooooooooooooo-so-cutsie =3

Back