• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cheater

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    Just wondering, does anyone else use action replay for pokemon black/White? I used it and liked it for a while... Or at least until the challenge was gone out of the game because of the high level pokemon I was importing, so it got boring. If you cheated on these games,what was your experience?

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • Cheating & Hacking = BIG NO FOR ME.

I can't stand it. I believe you should work for what you earn -- Sure, it's hard work breeding for IVs & training Pokemon, but it certainly is rewarding.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • I personally find it just a little irritating that some people actually have to work at something while others can just cheat the game with a few clicks of a button, but whatever. Their game, their money, their decision.

Anyway, from what I've heard from other people, Gamefreak has been taking precautions against stuff like this. There's apparently an AR block in BW and ~apparently~ some precautions were taken in the GBA games as well. Something like in if you use the AR too much in Emerald you get a Missingno glitch. I can't remember the exact details, but yeah. D:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I do not actually use an Action Replay for most games; the exception is on Diamond, which I use to get Pokémon from the Mining Museum Code (It's an AR code that lets you get any Pokémon level 20 from the Mining Museum dude), and even that's just to get a Ditto or something to send over. Black and White is one of those games where I don't plan to send anything over until after the main story has ended, so I know that I've done everything in my power to win on that cartridge and not just slip another thing over to breeze through the game.

EDIT: Nui, the same thing happened to me. That's why I limit my AR usage to only one game, so I can put that useless one in harm's way and ship everything else out.

Last edited:

nui876

I like hacks
    Years
  • im never going to use action replay ever again. last time I used it was on my platinum and it screwed up my ds and my game!

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    In my opinion, if you are cheater, you are lower then everyone else. Even if you are the best at battling an win at everything, and you are a cheater, you are worse then the "noobs" really. Even if you hacked to make your Timburr's nature Adamant instead of Modest, you are still low.

Don't take it personaly though, because I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i have never used an ar on my 5th gen games. i would like to find some codes like the cloning for when i start trading but thats about it

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    i have not, am not, and will not use cheats, even in a rut. like the above said, use cheats, and you might as well not be playing. it spoils the game for you and everyone else and puts people off, it should be that there aren't any cheats at all for it

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Meh, never really depended on Action Replay or other cheats to access or obtain something in the game for myself. I usually can get through with accepting the challenge the games have for me, like obtaining a shiny Zekrom or Reshiram. It isn't possible to get a shiny version of the two unless you cheat, and it's something I can wait on getting if there ever were to be an event for a shiny legendary.

Anyway, this discussion seems broad enough to discuss whether or not you cheat to receive things you are not able to at the time in every generation instead of just Black and White, so I'll go ahead and move this over to PGC. Just make sure not to distribute any cheat codes in this thread.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I lost my Action Replay, which is just as well. I don't feel good cheating because I think it's so much more worth it finding things on your own, even if it can be tedious. Sometimes the adventure is part of the fun. I honestly might as well just not play if I'm gonna cheat through the game.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • The only cheat I tend to use is a Pokemon EV/data checking code in Platinum. Makes keeping track of my EVs so much easier than writing them down every time I KO something.

I don't plan on using cheats in BW, though.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • I've never cheated and I never will. I'd rather put in the hard work of trading, breeding and leveling up my Pokemon.

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
    Years
  • I personally find it just a little irritating that some people actually have to work at something while others can just cheat the game with a few clicks of a button, but whatever. Their game, their money, their decision.

Anyway, from what I've heard from other people, Gamefreak has been taking precautions against stuff like this. There's apparently an AR block in BW and ~apparently~ some precautions were taken in the GBA games as well. Something like in if you use the AR too much in Emerald you get a Missingno glitch. I can't remember the exact details, but yeah. D:
    Wow, this is the first time I heard about this.
    im never going to use action replay ever again. last time I used it was on my platinum and it screwed up my ds and my game!
    And this is why you have to be careful what you codes you get
    In my opinion, if you are cheater, you are lower then everyone else. Even if you are the best at battling an win at everything, and you are a cheater, you are worse then the "noobs" really. Even if you hacked to make your Timburr's nature Adamant instead of Modest, you are still low.

Don't take it personaly though, because I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.

I can probably understand your anger against hackers. I think this should explain it.

Type 1 Hacker (At least this is what I call it & my favorite type)
    • This type of hacker has experianced the same many times, and only hacks just to bring a different kind of experiance. The hacker also protects anothers who can't hack from those who ARE hacking for the fun of it and to ruin others, in this case, few DS online games and the PsP online games.
    Type 2 Hacker (My least favorite)
    • This type of hacker who actually does hack for the fun, doesn't care about others, and also does ruin the games at times.
    & I can actually understand this, I hate those who hack Pokemon's ability to make them "battle worthy".
    i have never used an ar on my 5th gen games. i would like to find some codes like the cloning for when i start trading but thats about it
    There isn't any cloning code for this atm (& There probably won't either).
    i have not, am not, and will not use cheats, even in a rut. like the above said, use cheats, and you might as well not be playing. it spoils the game for you and everyone else and puts people off, it should be that there aren't any cheats at all for it
    Ugh, it really all depends on the hacker, rather they want to spoil the game for others and spoil themselves, or neither.

I really wish people stop dis hackers, & really all depends on the hacker.

Zet

Years
  • Why do some people find cheating in games so immoral? Anyone who cheats does it for fun, or find something too challenging for them that they need a little help. My name is Zet and I'm a cheatoholic, I use cheats purely for adding more fun in a game and if you don't like it, spheal with it.

If I were to buy an AR again, I would probably only use it for masterballs and rare candies in b/w.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't find any fun in cheating, but if I have no other way of getting a Pokemon (such as Arceus, Darkrai, and friends as I had no Wifi and don't live near a Toys R Us) then I don't see a problem in hacking those Pokemon in, as long as you're not giving it crazy illegitimate movesets/abilities/etc.

Years
  • I've used an AR before on my Pearl version for Quick Egg hatching, EV/IV checking and money to buy vitamins with. I'm against cheating on my White version (since I absolutely don't want to risk anything) but the only time I ever did was to ease some of the redundancy of breeding.

But now I just ride back and forth on my bike... boring but, eh. It's safe.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • Why do some people find cheating in games so immoral? Anyone who cheats does it for fun, or find something too challenging for them that they need a little help. My name is Zet and I'm a cheatoholic, I use cheats purely for adding more fun in a game and if you don't like it, spheal with it.

If I were to buy an AR again, I would probably only use it for masterballs and rare candies in b/w.

No, not many of us do like it & we do deal with it.
    Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

For me, I'd say the worst hack is a hacked Pokemon. D:

Years
  • Actually, I'll say I've hacked events in Platinum.

There was no way else I was going to get Darkrai and friends, you know?

I cheat because I need certain things, and I won't stop to cheat some legendaries, since they're so hard to get battle ready.

Back