• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Children. yes or no?

Years
  • I want to make little John-and-someone-special minions. If anything, I want to be a good father. I've never really felt connected with the idea of living for myself, so I wouldn't be missing much if it happened to fall by the wayside. I really don't have much to sacrifice, anyways. I mean, I'm twenty. What do I really have?

I think it would be very fascinating to look at a youngling who happens to have my nose or my eyes. Somewhat like a clone, but obviously more. It'd be a unique experience to literally see yourself in another person. I think having a child is a great way to remember what it's like to be young again - I think I'd be able to absorb their vibes by just being their dad.

We have to put in work for love, and having a child is no different. In a sense it's similar to a relationship - the more you involve and engage yourself, the more powerful the experience becomes.

Two kids would be nice. Maybe three? If I want to raise more kids I'd probably have to get that raise :P

Maybe a boy and a girl. As for names... ugh I don't know. I'd also have to make a Chinese name in addition to whatever wifey's culture might have in store. If she happens to be East Asian, I'll just do some translating hehe. We'll see.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'm 17 rn, but I know that later I definitely want to get married. I would like to have children later in life when I know that I am ready to stop living for only myself because, as someone said, as soon as you have kids your life stops being your own. I think that I would want like 3 kids, since that's the number of me and my siblings.

I am scared of childbirth too, my mother tried to have my sister and I "regularly" but then after a while they realized we were both backwards and she had to get a C-section ;~; or at least that's what she told me. But I think I'll just get over it by the time I want to have kids. ;;

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

There comes a time in every man's life when he must choose between furthering his DNA and having nice things. I choose to have nice things, I urge you to do the same. Because no matter how hard your biological clock is making you think you want children, you probably don't.

I don't know why you had to over-exaggerate your laughter on a subject like this. Sure it's funny to think of reproducing, I guess. Intercourse, was that the joke? Most 20 to early 30 year old males who say what you did are afraid to lose the freedom that they've obtained. Which is understandable. To lose the ability to do as you please at whatever time they wish, to not be tied down; yeah, it can be sort of scary. "I can barely take care of myself let alone a child", is the usually route they go down.

Why bring a child into this twisted world, right? As a man, YOU NEVER CHOOSE between "furthering your DNA", or "nice things", because it's not something you alone decide on. Nice things are nice things--tomorrow there will be nicer things and next week too. They get old eventually. I urge you to think about this.

Kids are awesome. Way more entertaining than a fully modified Subaru Wrx or the newest game console. I'm not saying you're wrong in thinking this way, but to laugh about something others might find meaningful and rewarding, something they are probably going through right now just seems really childish. No one is ever ready for a child which is why many are afraid of it because it's not something that can be taught. I encourage you to look at this differently, to look at it as not just a simple "no", though you probably won't, but it'll make you seem less like a child if this convo ever pops up in a discussion within your many social circles.

Last edited:

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • Every now and then I really think about having kids.

Thing is that's a little bit awkward being in a same-sex relationship at all. We have to decide who carries and all sorts of stuff. I'm probably not the one to carry.

But I for sure do see myself raising a kid. I wouldn't oppose it that's for sure. But probably a bit later in life, when my life is a little more stable. I love kids, and basically am one myself. I've always been good with them. It's a big step and a huge change in lifestyle, but I think it's one that's worth it.

EDIT: And to all those saying you need to sacrifice everything to have a child. Then you're not ready for one yet. Honestly, you lose nothing, in fact you gain something great. You just have to adjust your life, you can still have one, it just revolves around something bigger than yourself. And if you think that your lifestyle is more important, yeah, please, don't have kids.

Years
  • I don't know why you had to over-exaggerate your laughter on a subject like this. Sure it's funny to think of reproducing, I guess. Intercourse, was that the joke? Most 20 to early 30 year old males who say what you did are afraid to lose the freedom that they've obtained. Which is understandable. To lose the ability to do as you please at whatever time they wish, to not be tied down; yeah, it can be sort of scary. "I can barely take care of myself let alone a child", is the usually route they go down.

Why bring a child into this twisted world, right? As a man, YOU NEVER CHOOSE between "furthering your DNA", or "nice things", because it's not something you alone decide on. Nice things are nice things--tomorrow there will be nicer things and next week too. They get old eventually. I urge you to think about this.

Kids are awesome. Way more entertaining than a fully modified Subaru Wrx or the newest game console. I'm not saying you're wrong in thinking this way, but to laugh about something others might find meaningful and rewarding, something they are probably going through right now just seems really childish. No one is ever ready for a child which is why many are afraid of it because it's not something that can be taught. I encourage you to look at this differently, to look at it as not just a simple "no", though you probably won't, but it'll make you seem less like a child if this convo ever pops up in a discussion within your many social circles.

Nuns can't be having no children.

Also, wouldn't anything that makes you "look less like a child" make you seem less awesome, since "kids are awesome"?

Jokes aside, I wouldn't read into the cyber-laughter too much; it's mostly for levity.

Years
  • I love the thought of being a father.
    I would like to have two stunningly beautiful girls and one rebel boy.
    Having said this, I can't stand newborn infants, they creep me out, they annoy me...
    Also, while I'd really like to be a father sooner or later, I highly, highly doubt I will ever get to like a girl that much for it to happen: I am way, way, waaaay too picky; won't ever happen.
    There are also some things whom I'm afraid of: what if they don't turn out as 'perfect' as I expected them to be? I don't think I would be able to love unconditionally if my children were not up to my expectations, either because they were born that way or not so. I think people like me should not have children...

BonkersRider

Twisted Fashion Gal
    Years
  • Probably some time in the far future I might want to adopt a kid or two. My snugglebunny and I are too busy right now to invite a child into our home (busy from work during the day and busy with loving each other when not working).

Years
  • You're making me fear about my girlfriend, lol... dying in childbirth and whatnot... :(

I want kids of my own, ofc ♥
    I love babies and I want a family of my own, of course I'll need a very steady job and a nice place first haha :P

XD What happens to one woman probably won't happen to another so there's a slim chance that women actually die from child birth unless they have an already present medical condition or extremely bad luck \: To be honest, I'm scared that I might not be able to have children of my own because of my past medical history so it's concerning that I actually only have half of what I'm supposed to, for the past 9 years. My parents once in a while teases my older sister, asking her when she'll have children and at the moment, she doesn't want to get married or have kids. So the burden has been placed on me OTL I don't mind; I want my parents to become grandparents as they would make great ones, seeing the way they've raised my sister and I.

Years
  • inb4 Catholic Nun

I'd like two ideally, one boy and one girl, or two boys. Girls are a pain in the ass to raise, ahaha. I don't want to have her bring a boyfriend home to see me cleaning a firearm to intimidate him. B)

Years
  • I would love to have two kids in the future, a boy and a girl. I'm really good with small children, so I feel like I'd make a pretty good parent. I'm not too picky with names, so I don't have much of an opinion about that. Overall I think it would be a good experience to raise a kid.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    There's a possible chance that I may have kids in the future, doesn't matter what gender. I already have a choice of names for them, at least they won't be stupid choices.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    There are too many medical issues that run in both sides of my family. It seems almost unkind to potentially force them upon someone. That being said, I'm conflicted; not because I actually want kids, but because living (in my opinion) outweighs potential medical problems.

So I'm pretty neutral...I don't much care. Perhaps I'll change my mind and actually make a decision in the future.

Years
  • Don't want one and never did, at least not right now. I really like my freedom and independence to do whatever - children would take away from all that. That and given my future goals I feel I'll be a little too busy to take care of a child.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I'd like to have at least one child sometime in my life. Honestly, I'm not to bothered by what gender, I would just love to raise one, so long as I'll be able to financially support it. The idea of watching your own flesh and blood grow up is fascinating. :3

Demon Days

Element of Magic
    Years
  • I'm only 14, but still, no thanks.
    TBH, they'd probably get all of my family's bad habits through genes and get none of our good habits. Also if I'm anything to go off by they'd probably be horrible.

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    inb4 Catholic Nun

I'd like two ideally, one boy and one girl, or two boys. Girls are a pain in the ass to raise, ahaha. I don't want to have her bring a boyfriend home to see me cleaning a firearm to intimidate him. B)

First of all, nice username/avatar combination.

Second, I used to think the same way. I wanted a boy first and then a girl, or like you said, two boys. To my surprise it didn't work out that way for me. I have two daughters; the oldest will be 4 on the 18th and the youngest is 1. They're incredibly sweet and intelligent, though the younger one is quite the rebel, I enjoy spending time with them. The oldest loves playing Pokemon, especially changing the character's clothes and throwing Pokeballs at other trainers' Pokes. Lol

It's best to not avoid the inevitable, with anything in life -- I know they'll eventually have a boyfriend or two and it's okay. Their mother and I both will explain how everything works in life. And teaching them good morals and early-on about the types of guys that walk among us. With girls I've come to understand that they need a strong and loving father figure; I try to work on that everyday. They will look up to me and hopefully one day look for a guy with similar if not better attributes than me. They will not settle for a couple shots at the bar I will make sure of that.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • I planned on adopting more than anything so yeah.
    I made an oath kind of deal to never get married so, how do I put this, I don't think it is in any way possible for me to be able to conceive a child, but I don't want to be completely alone in my pathetic life, so I wanted to do the next best thing. For me that was adopting.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • After taking some time and discussing the topic with my wife we have settled on our answer of: 10 years from now we will adopt a child. Not a baby but a 5 or 6 year old.

Just wondering, but doesn't one of you two feel the need to have their own child?

As for me, the thought of having kids isn't pleasant. My nephew who's two years old made me realize how tedious and costly kids are. And I don't think I'd like having them. To think I used to want 2-3 children :|

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Not anytime soon. Someday I want to be a good mother, but I couldn't hold my infant nephew (out of my fear of being a klutz and dropping him or disrupting him) nor spend more than a few hours with him (no we cannot play the ps3 for five straight hours, oh god please don't scream into my headset, I'm sorry, where is your dad at). There are also the issues of finding that special someone and being financially secure enough to raise a child.

Back