• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~ Choose your class wisely, my friend

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    In RPG's, what class do you seem to see yourself gravitating to? For instance do you like to be a mage and cast spells, are a healer, or do you like to be a knight and fight with your sword a la brute force?

For me in RPGs (especially in Skyrim), I seem to always gravitate to being an Archer. Oh my god Katniss! I've always wanted to wield a bow and I've always thought they were super cool (which is why the Green Arrow is my favorite superhero :3 ), plus it's fun killing enemies at long distance. Never really could stand casting being a "magic-kind-of-guy"; that stuff has always confused me.

Shadeh

KABOOM!
    Years
    For Bethesda games,such as the Elder Scrolls and Fallout, I would usually be a stealth oriented class, with the gear, items and weapons. Before, I always just use to run-and-gun, so one day, when I put in Skyrim and had that class shift feeling, I had Daedra Armor on with a 2 handed sword. When I put in Fallout 3 I had Power Armor, a chaingun, and Fawkes following me around xD

Years
    Final Fantasy games, I tend to gravitate towards the mages whether it be a white mage or black mage. This is similar to the way I choose my classes in MMORPGs as well; archer is my physical offensive class that I tend to like to use instead of the knights, fighters, etc. For some reason, I've never really liked warriors as a class so I stay away from them \: In Bravely Default though, I have quite a number of favourite classes because they each have unique skills and support abilities.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    I usually pick classes that are more physical attack oriented. I just prefer brute forcing my way through, than casting spells or healing. So, I'll pick typically pick knight, berserkers, monks, etc classes. But, there are occasions where I feel like playing a more frail classes like archers, gunners, etc.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I usually pick classes that are more physical attack oriented. I just prefer brute forcing my way through, than casting spells or healing. So, I'll pick typically pick knight, berserkers, monks, etc classes. But, there are occasions where I feel like playing a more frail classes like archers, gunners, etc.

I'm like this too, I usually go with something like a warrior as my first option. Something sword-wielding and heavily armored.

I used to hate stealth classes, but when I played through the Dark Brotherhood quests in Skyrim, I tried out an assassin build and loved it.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Hm, koff~

I'm usually the undecided. But if I had the choice, I like the Paladin and the Priest classes. Unfortunately, in single player Elder Scroll Games, there isn't much need for them. And in certain cases of RPGs like FF or Dragon Quest, the healing is best left to the computer in my opinion, as the computer can gauge the speeds of the enemies, and cast rebirth spells when they know that your guys are going to die. Also, the Paladin class is like the tank of the Priests. And it's kind of an ironic joke, as I'm not religious in any way shape or form, koffi~

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    Magic. Always magic.

I like attacking from a distance with magical abilities, and healing myself and my crew. Playing it safe's the way to go.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I usually try to be a jack of all trades kind of character. It's mainly because I can never decide on what to be, cuz there's usually so many fun options to choose from. It also helps if you need a change of pace. And I hate running into situations where, for example, magic makes a boss way easier than trying to kill it with a battleaxe and you don't have any magic.

I've always kinda wanted to try being a support character, but never got around to it because, well, there's no point in playing a support character when there's no one around to support forever alone XD

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
    I'm usually a healer/support when I play games. Especially with friends. I find it very rewarding to be thanked for my efforts, and then they dont like to play without me because they say it sucks. The most annoying thing for me is when everyone wants to be support and I cant be. I feel properly misplaced when that happens.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    I always go with the healer in every game :P

In World of Warcraft, my first character that I made was a Priest and even in League of Legends, I main a supporter that can heal and restore mana too! :P

I guess I just love keeping my teammates alive while they demolish everything in their path :)

Reactions: Goo

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I always go with the healer in every game :P

In World of Warcraft, my first character that I made was a Priest and even in League of Legends, I main a supporter that can heal and restore mana too! :P

I guess I just love keeping my teammates alive while they demolish everything in their path :)

I'm with you on that. I think that the medic/healer class is really underrated, which is why I personally like to use it. Happy Wars is a good example; I like to play the healer in that game cause there's so much action going on that at least someone is going to need a quick heal.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    Magic. Always magic.

I love being a mage/sorcerer. I don't like being a healer as much as a battle mage, but I'll play it if necessary.

If I need to go physical, I'll play as an archer. I've always liked ranged battling more. :x

But, for me, nothing compares to the thrill of using magic.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    I tend to stay away from magic, as you're basically screwed when you run out of mana/MP/whatever it's called. I also tend to stay away from the slower/heavier classes, as I don't like to wait for my turn/move around like a slug.

It all depends on the game I'm playing though. In classical turn based RPGs I prefer fast units that are able to hit hard and don't have to worry about mana/ammo etc.

In the more action-oriented RPGs, I like characters that are able to use hit-and-run tactics. Like Archers/Snipers with some light armor so I'm not completely screwed whenever enemies come close.

So yeah, fast and physical for me.

Years
    I always start with the Hunter/Ranger/Archer classes. Make a Bow/Ranged build and gear it as best asI can.

Then if I do make new toons it typically would be a coin toss between Paladins or Knights/Sword users. Finally a Mage/Wizard class if I have more time lol.

Years
    I like jacks of all trades.
    I don't care if they are the weakest, or least viable in the end, I just can't stand one sided roles like warrior/mage/thief/healer!
    This is why, when I used to play Skyrim and its predecessor, Oblivion, I'd always make my own custom class and race. I'd use all kinds of magic, dabble a bit in alchemy as a way of recovery, wield a two handed sword in a fight and make sneak attacks with a bow!

Reactions: Nah
    Back