• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~ Choose your class wisely, my friend

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    If I'm playing a game where I can guarantee I'll be playing with other people, I'll play a healer - for example, if I'm making a character on an MMO and I already know people in the game. But if I anticipate playing on my own, I'll go for a mage. I'm so used to casting spells in games at this point that having close-combat characters makes me anxious since I'm afraid they'll die too quickly.

Knowing I helped someone else in a game is really my kind of thing though, has been ever since I was a kid preferring to guide my sibling through a video game rather than play it myself.

Melty~

Deku Princess(?)
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I like roles that combine combat and magic, such as Paladin or Magic Knight.

Sure, those are a bit challenging to master, but are also very versatile.

Plus, my favorite video game character (Final Fantasy IV's Cecil Harvey ♥) is a Paladin, so I like to be one, too.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I like roles that combine combat and magic, such as Paladin or Magic Knight.

Sure, those are a bit challenging to master, but are also very versatile.

This. When it's an option, I like to mix combat and magic. Definitely a pain when you start, but once you level them a bit they're super handy.

If it's not available, I'll usually fall back on a rogue. Pretend every mission is a stealth mission.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Healers, unite! I've been the immortal yet squishy sidekick since the days of Sonic & Tails. I play the medic in Borderlands if possible. When playing solo though, I'd prefer a physically strong character over a magic dealer (Final Fantasy XIII, XIV, and Fire Emblem Awakening).

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    I don't like black (attack) magic that much because, the best ones cost, like 90 PP/MP. The healers are ok, I suppose, they are very useful and their best magic cost is ok. Like 30/40 PP/MP most of the time.

But I prefer having a warrior with heavy armor because that way you can be both offensive and defensive. The best imo.

Nillemi

Under my Rock
    Years
    It depends on the game really.

In a D&D like environment I like being a mage, I like having the options of picking my spell load out and having tricks up my sleeve.

In video game RPGs I like picking the most mobile class, Especially in a game like WoW. Nothing is more frustrating than fighting someone who can run around firing a bow at your or a monk Teleporting all around healing herself.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    in Skyrim I currently run an assassin, a mage and an archer. I don't really like warrior classes or anything with direct force.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
    I usually just go for straight out offense when picking. Plus points if it also involves being fast.

But I like to switch things up sometimes, and like to experiment with defensive characters, healers and mages too every now and again.

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
    Years
    I prefer Magic. What good is that sword going to do, when I can cast a spell, and turn you into a frog? Or make you stab yourself with your own sword? :P

That's an exaggeration of course, but I generally prefer casting spells than ramming enemies with a sword. I also always have a healer on the team somewhere, because I hate when things needlessly die. (Often multiple, as in Fire Emblem: Awakening.)

In Fire Emblem: Awakening, my favorite classes are Sage and Sorcerer.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I like to use the stealth like characters with the appropriate long and short distance weapons. Too bad they removed crossbows in Oblivion/Skyrim, I liked those in Morrowind...

Sneaking around, opening locked doors, without being seen. All the good stuff.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I like to use the stealth like characters with the appropriate long and short distance weapons. Too bad they removed crossbows in Oblivion/Skyrim, I liked those in Morrowind...

Crossbows exist in Skyrim. You just need Dawnguard in order to use them.

But yeah, stealth characters are fun in the Elder Scrolls.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    I always prefer a dagger wielding stealth class when they're available. I always keep a bow nearby, but when possible I prefer to kill in an up-close and personal way.

Shhwonk

always with the games, etc.
    Years
    Something along the lines of a Red Mage from Final Fantasy. I like using mid-level attack spells and mid-level healing spells. I like to be able to heal myself with magic so I don't have to worry about stocking up on potions or healing items.

If there's nothing like that, then I'd go with a warrior or knight -- balanced offense and defense.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    Ghost. Being super sneaky is fun, but since I end up killing a lot of people, it is more probably that I'm an assassin, but I prefer being a stealth or a magic using person, but in overall I really like variety, so anything will work for me really well regardless of what class I will end up being, I don't mind being any class either, but my least favourite is being a healer.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I love being a long-range fighter in most games, so Archers and Mages are my go-to classes. However, if the aesthetic design of the Warrior/whatever class is the main physical/melee fighter, then I'll go with it over whatever long-range classes are available. I guess I'm a little vain in that I go for the appearance of the class over the strategy, but eh.

Back