• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose - Your own adventure! [Hoenn]

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Take the hit, Swellow!
    You return Sableye and send out Swellow, who takes the hit instead.
    "Sorry Swellow." you say as you return the fainted Pokemon returns to its Poke Ball. "But your efforts won't be in vain! Sableye, Fake Out!" You send out Sableye once more, who rushes up to Kirlia, and punches it with a glowing fist. It falls backwards to the ground, and faints.
    "No! Kirlia!" says Wally, "Danggit... Magnemite, you're my only hope now!" He sends out his final Pokemon.

Sonicboom
    Metal Sound
    Tackle
    Thundershock
    "Metal Sound!" calls Wally. Magnemite buzzes ear-piercingly, lowering Sableye's special defence. Uh oh... a direct hit could take out Sableye in this state - you give it a Soda Pop. "Metal Sound again! Then Thundershock!" Magnemite blasts the electricity at Sableye, who vanishes to dodge. The invisible Sableye launches a Night Shade at Magnemite.
    "Deflect it with Sonicboom!" The two attacks collide, and the Night Shade blasts into a tree to your left instead. You have to play this carefully - a couple of solid hits could take out Sableye, and Magnemite seems to have a pretty sturdy defence. What will you do?

Your Options
    -Sableye, Night Shade, dead ahead!
    -Sableye, Night Shade, to the left!
    -Sableye, Night Shade, to the right!
    -Sableye, Fury Swipes!
    -Sableye, Detect!
    -Make like a Sudowoodo, and leave.

Spoiler:
    Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Paper-remote

I've got nothing to put here
    Years
    Hey Dark Pulse, I was gonna say the same thing about why to chose "to the left".
    Anyways, Night Shade to the left.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Night Shade to the Left!
    Only one thing for it.
    "Sableye! Night Shade... to the left!" Sableye nods and blasts the Night Shade at the tree. Wally grins.
    "Sorry, but did you really think the same trick would work twice? Get out of there, Magnemite!" Magnemite zooms away from the tree, as it comes falling to the ground with a resounding thud. "That was really, really predictable, y'know." Crap. "Magnemite, Thundershock!" The electric attack blasts Sableye. It grinds its feet into the ground, but is being blasted backwards anyway.
    "Hang in there, Sableye!" you call, but then you notice the electricity still crackling around Sableye. Sableye is paralysed.
    "End it! Thundershock!" Magnemite fires one last blast at Sableye, who rolls head over heals backwards and lands at your feet, knocked out. You've been defeated.
    "Now do you see what Pokemon mean to me? I won't go back home, no matter what. Goodbye." Magnemite fires a Sonicboom at your feet, creating a dust cloud. You shield your eyes, and by the time the dust has cleared, Wally has gone.
    You continue trudging through the Petalburg Forest towards Rustboro. You decide you should probably break up the boredom with some battles, but you only have Marshtomp, Tentacool and Eevee left. What would you like to do?

Your Options
    -Training Session (Only Marshtomp, Tentacool and Eevee would get the levels)
    -Battle a wild Wurmple
    -Battle a wild Cascoon
    -Battle a wild Silcoon
    -Battle a wild Shroomish
    -Battle a wild Taillow
    -Battle a wild Slakoth
    -Battle a wild Seedot
    -Use TM10
    -Use HM03

Spoiler:
    Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    See? See? See! I knew we should have used Night Shade to the right! But I digress...

I must concur. We should do shrooms Uh, er, I mean, battle a Shroomish. Yeah, that's what I meant to say....

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Battle a Shroomish!
    You decide to search for Shroomish, the cute mushroom Pokemon. It takes a while, as Shroomish is a rare Pokemon, but you eventually find one camouflaged in a mushroom patch.

Tackle
    Stun Spore
    Leech Seed
    Mega Drain
    "Good job, Tentacool. Just hold it there." you say, reaching for a Poke Ball. All of a sudden, Tentacool uncoils its tentacles, freeing Shroomish. You check your Pokedex - Shroomish's Effect Spore must have paralysed Tentacool.
    "Shrrrreew!" it cries, as it fires a Leech Seed at Tentacool and begins draining its health.

Your Options
    -Throw a Poke Ball, its weak enough!
    -Parylz Heal, then Poison Sting!
    -Parylz Heal, then Acid!
    -Parylz Heal, then Constrict!
    -Poison Sting!
    -Acid!
    -Constrict!
    -Run.

Spoiler:
    Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Throw the Poke Ball!
    You decide that Shroomish is sufficiently weakened, and you toss the Poke Ball. It shakes once, twice, thrice... and Shroomish was caught! As your seventh Pokemon, you can't use it as a member of your team, but once you reach a Pokemon Centre, you can swap your team around using the PC.
    You keep walking, eventually finishing the Petalburg Woods and entering Rustboro City, the site of your next Gym battle. As you enter town, there is a crowd agthered. You walk over to see what the commotion is, and find a battle.

It's Brawly, Dewford's Gym Leader! But you don't recognise his opponent...

"Who... is that...?" you wonder aloud.
    "Duh!" says a teenage girl nearby, "It's the Gym Leader, Roxanne! How can you not know that?" The Gym Leader huh? Your next opponent. Better study the battle and learn how she fights.
    "Cradily!" calls Roxanne, "Ingrain!" Roots sprout from Cradily and plant themselves in the ground.
    "Ingrain?" says Brawly, "That prevents Cradily from moving. You're using a move that restricts Cradily's mobility, just to recover a little HP?" Roxanne smiles. "Well then, use Arm Thrust Mahukita! IThe dude's a sitting duck!" Makuhita leaps at Cradily, pulling its arm back for the punch.
    "Cradily, Giga Drain." says Roxanne calmly. Vines erupt from the ground, holding Makuhita in place. More vines emerge, and wrap themselves around Cradily. Cradily can now barely be seen, underneath the cocoon of vines and roots. "Cradily's specially-trained Giga Drain holds your Pokemon in place, while draining their energy. It cripples physical fighters like you. "End it! Rock Slide!" Cradily lets out a battle cry, and rocks appear in mid-air. They tumble on Makuhita, unable to dodge, and takes out the last of its health. Brawly recalls Makuhita, and walks forward to shake hands with Roxanne. The crowd cheers.
    "Wow!" says a boy nearby, "Roxanne won, even while at a clear type disadvantage! She rules!" Seems like Roxanne is pretty good - after all, she beat Brawly, and you only barely won against him. This will be a tough fight.
    The crowd disperses, you heal your Pokemon and you take a look around Rustboro City. You figure you have enough time to visit 4 places before the Gym. Where will you go?

Your Options
    -The Pokemon Centre's PC
    -The Pokemart
    -Devon Corp
    -The flower shop
    -The trainer's school
    -The apartment building
    -The north beach

Spoiler:
    Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    I say the Pokemart First, we need more supplies...

other suggested places:

PC - I'd say it's a good Idea, Mr. Shrooms will be a good addtion to our team.
    Devon Corp - eeeh, do we really want a Pokenav? It may be a good idea though...
    Flower Shop - What for? a Bottle? I'd say no...
    Trainer's School - we might be able to catch a few battles, so that would be a good idea...
    Apaertment building - I see no point to this, unless we get Cut...
    Beach - well, I dunno...

Paper-remote

I've got nothing to put here
    Years
    Ok, what's with these random nicknames? Now there's 2 of them.
    I'd say Pokémart(Guess what? I put in the accent for Pokémart!), or PC.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Visit the Pokemart!
    You decide that your first port of call should be the town's Pokemart. You buy 3 Super Potions, 2 Great Balls, a Full Heal and a Poke Ball to add to your supplies, before stepping back out into the sunny Rustboro day. You have time to visit 3 more places before the Gym? Where next?

Your Options
    -The Pokemon Centre's PC
    -Devon Corp
    -The flower shop
    -The trainer's school
    -The apartment building
    -The north beach

Spoiler:
    Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler: