• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Choosing a water-type Pokemon

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
Years
  • I've done a few teams in which I have had the same problem.
    The last few have been:
    Tentacruel
    Gyarados
    Wailord
    Walrein

Wailord had surprised me, but there are no really great options. Shell Bell Wailord is really good for ingame.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2014
    I played Emerald and always choose Treeko, so preSurf i usually used zigzagoon/Tentacruel until I could get Milotic, my favorite pokemon ever <3

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Since I started out with Mudkip, normally people would think I would put Surf on a Swampert, but nope I did put Waterfall on it, however, I put Surf on Linoone (the somewhat HM slave)

:t354:TG

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Can't remember my very first run but I did have a Blaziken.

On a more recent run I used Sharpedo, so he got surf.

Years
  • Milotic is my favorite pokemon across all generations.

Though, I also have used Ludicolo, Walrein, and Gorebyss, but usually in addition to Milotic.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • My first Hoenn game was Emerald, in which I picked Mudkip. Having surf on my starter was wonderull for Hoenn. For Ruby and Sapphire I made sure to have Surf (and the other HMs needed for the entire game, but I always do this for my teams)
    Exploration was very enjoyable in the Hoenn games, I always thought 'Kip was the best choice for all of the water traveling. Unless you pick Pelliper (wise choice, but I don't like him >_0 )

Back