• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Circle Dock Discussion (in Windows 7, now scrapped)

Did the Circle Dock look cool?

• Yes!

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Who cares, i'm not even getting 7..

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Do some of you know about the Circle Dock which was going to be included in Windows 7 but scrapped pretty early due to some problems?
    Well it looked pretty cool.

I tried an app,
    Click this spoiler to see how it looked.
    Spoiler:

pretty amazing? or no?
    Well should it have been there or not?

theres a free source program which is being developed and is pretty good. :D

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    i kinda liked it, its light and sleek :D
    check this
    Spoiler:

there are just 4 icons in that though :P

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    dude, that thing actually rotates. its awesome!
    theres no need to move the mouse, just scroll!

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    well, i donno y you all dont like it lol, no prob.
    need a vid so see how it actually looks?

Years
  • Not really. It won't shift my opinion on how crap Vista and 7 is. I only like the aurora wallpaper that comes with it. But you can google it and use it on XP anyway, so. :|

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • There are plenty of dock programs out there already, many free, and they work fine. This just looks like more bloat I'd have to disable. :/

On the other hand, it does look like a good concept. If there was an access key sequence you had to press to enable it, I'd be for it; if it was always on, or there was a single key to enable it, I'd be against it, though.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I'm glad it wasn't kept in. Most people I know of would rather the middle of their screen be blank so that they could use a wallpaper they like to look at. This 'feature', while useful, would simply be an eyesore and blocks a good section of the wallpaper's focal point defeating the purpose of the wallpaper. Honestly I like the improvements made to the taskbar, and I'm currently happy with the final product. If I want a dock I'll either grab Object dock free or live without.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    the best place to keep it is the bottom right part of the desktop with only a quarter of it visible.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Yeah, now that you can pin things to the start bar very easily it's dock-ish enough for me.

Plus a dock right in the middle would have to be called up by some wacky key combo. How is that easier than me just clicking a program I've pinned to the task bar?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    there isnt any "whacky" key combo. xD
    just F1 lol

Doonesbury

Don't even worry about it.
    Years
  • This was actually a pretty stupid idea. It might look half decent had they put it over a solid color background and not made it transparent, but it'd get stale pretty fast. Maybe have an option to disable it?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • This was actually a pretty stupid idea. It might look half decent had they put it over a solid color background and not made it transparent, but it'd get stale pretty fast. Maybe have an option to disable it?
    Now that'd be the story of Microsoft's life. They didn't put an option to disable the ribbon in any of their software (to the best of my knowledge, though workarounds do exist), and that's gotten a lot more heat than this ever would.

Back