• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Class is boring! What do you do?

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
  • Do you have to fight sleeping in class? If so, what do you do?

I usually do because I don't get enough sleep. To prevent sleeping I usually do things with my hands, such as drawing, drumming, playing videogames or origami, to keep myself from going to dreamland.

Years
  • If I'm entirely bored, then I'll throw pieces of paper or erasers at my friends, or draw. Sometimes I'll make paper airplanes, ninja stars, or spinners. I have to fight sleep sometimes and I usually lose...But, I've never gotten in trouble for it, though.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    I commonly go to the bathroom, just kind of try to slap myself out of it for a little bit, then go back to class and try to focus as much as I can.
    Other than that, just doodle in the margin of the page.

-Scourge-

Come Together
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I never try to fight sleep because I'm never tired in class :P

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
  • I get bored a ton in math class, so I like to draw. It occupies a lot of my time, it's fun. =]

Years
  • I never have fallen asleep completely in class, but I've come close. Some classes are just so boring and unappealing to me. And they are taught by boring teachers, which doesn't help me stay awake lol.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Do you have to fight sleeping in class?
    In Math I get drowsy, because to me the subject is dull and uninteresting.

If so, what do you do?
    My mind usually drifts off to other things, so I essentially day dream in Math.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    I just pay attention, I don't usually get too bored, and I've never been bored enough to fall asleep. Even at home, I've never been that bored.

although sometimes in science, I have to resort to doodling. The science teacher just takes such long pauses because it takes everyone else SOOOO long to write everything down. D:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I've never been particularly bored in any class I've taken as far as I could remember.

You people that do get bored are clearly doomed to be perpetual underachievers. XD

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
  • I don't get bored in class because I've discovered that the amount of attention I pay to the instructor directly correlates with my grade.

That said, before I learned this I would doodle on any available surface and with any available mark-making tool.:cheeky:

Jameska

'Cuz God doesn't take sides.
    Years
  • I tend to stay alert and focused, not on class, but on all surroundings, and sometimes to lesson. To fight sleep I "narrate" my life, in a sense, contradicting and predicting the consequences in my head, putting them into play is the best part, and when you can prove a Grade 12 philosophy teacher wrong, you've got it made. So in summary, participating in sociopathic behavior helps alot.

Ayselipera

There are days when I'm really tired in class, but it's never been enough that I've actually had to fight to stay awake. I guess I'm too conscious of my surroundings in a classroom to just fall asleep on the desk, that and desks are very uncomfortable.

I do on the other hand become really bored during class. I'd say out of all the things I do when I'm bored I probably doodle the most. Every notebook or worksheet I have is covered in random doodles and sketches. If it's a class that I can get away with it I'll text or play a game on my phone. If I'm really desperate and there is absolutely nothing else I can do to entertain myself I'll just stare out the window or look around the room. Surprisingly my grades are pretty good as far as my own standards go. :D

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I fell asleep in Geography two years ago. I slept throgh a movie of where I lost interest the first 5 minutes other than that I had complaints from my English teacher last year and I almost fell asleep in Maths this year.

But hey it's not my fault I stay up so late then have to wake up 5:30 every morning XD

Years
  • I've finished high school now, and at uni most of the time it's optional to turn up so if I was bored I'd either suck it up and try to pay attention or just leave that lecture/tutorial.

But earlier this year in boring classes I'd either just talk with friends or if I didn't have any friends in that class I'd put in my iPod and listen to music. If I was unable to do either of those, I'd either draw or drum quietly on the table.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I struggle not to sleep in school almost everyday. I just hate waking up early, waking up early makes me feel so drowsy for about half the day.

Years
  • Whenever i get bored i usually just stuff around with some friends or have a go at the teacher randomly. I may even just walk around and pull down posters or throw stuff around the room

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I've never fallen asleep in class, although I have come close. This year in English class. The class is not what I was expecting and it's incredibly dull; and if that wasn't bad enough, the person I sit next to is an irritating numbskull (he stalks me and my girlfriend on Facebook <_<) who for some reason thinks I am interested in hearing about how much he enjoyed Eminem's latest album, what he did on Call of Duty last night (I don't even play Call of Duty) amongst other things. I'm thinking he must have short term memory loss or something, because he says the same things each week. But I need to maintain my model student persona, so I just endure it.

My other classes are usually fun enough, because I'm sitting with friends.

Back