• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Clearing up the Confusion on Regions - Regional Differences in Pokémon Games

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    ^I can guarantee you it'll work, since it works for me and I have the same circumstances as you. Don't worry; it will.

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
    Years
    so i can put my fire red pokemon (pal) into an nstc pokemon pearl? great, i wasn't sure weather to get the American game or not.

i have a pal wii and DS, the american ver. of D/P would still work on the battle revolution (pal) wouldn't it?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Question 1: Yes it will.

Question 2: I'm not sure yet, but initially it should be able to work fine.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    ^That's because Serebii himself hasn't updated the page's summary in order to reflect the new updates. It works fine for me, and it's been confirmed that it will work with no matter what region you have.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    OK guys, I've updated the first post with a more tidy and uncluttered layout. I've also completely revamped it with more up-to-date facts and accurate regional differences information. Remember that I'm always editing it whenever I get some news regarding regions, so stay tuned!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Waka, I have a clarification: I just got Pokemon Battle Revolution today (NTSC version, of course), and the instruction booklet specifically says that it will NOT work with Diamond/Pearl games of a different language. So,...this would mean that US PBR does NOT work with EU D&P, wouldn't it?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Hmm. This means I'm screwed, lol. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work, though. Maybe it's just compatibility with the Japanese version that gets screwed up. All I can do is wait until PBR comes out until I actually find out whether or not it does block out different-regioned D/P games.

eternal_prince_neptune

Expert Pokémon Pearl Trainer
    Years
    hi!
    well, I've got a Japanese Pkmn Pearl and an Italian FireRed/LeafGreen...but I can't import any Pkmn from Italian GBA games to the JAP Pearl!!! Help me!!!

Hyunbin

w00t!~
    Years
    can the manaphy egg be transfered from an american pokemon ranger to a japanese pokemon diamond? o_O

Monty Kensicle

"Wowsers!"
    Years
    You sure it's for NTSC compatibility, instead of just running backups? Running backups by modding the Wii is possible, but I've honestly never heard of anything such as making it able to read NTSC.

Well I have an application that runs off my Playstation 2 memory card that allows me to play the Japanese PAL format game, "Kingdom Hearts-Final Mix" But that is for Playstation, I'm not too sure of what modifications you would need to do in order to get a Wii to do such a thing.

With all due respect,

~Monty Kensicle

Back