• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Cloning, Made even easier? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Same here getting SS tomorrow so will try it out when I get the time to!
    thanks for the guide/Info.

Just to tell you we haven't actually found out a cloning method that works yet! In case you didn't know >=3
    XD
    But, thanks for your support in helping us XD

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Wow ur cool. cloning is for lazy cheating punks. who cant take the challenge of a game most of us have been playing since we were 7 or 8 years old

LOL if you are a true "Pokemon Fan" then you should know that one of the best things in Gold and Silver was the cloning glitch and just how much fun it was to use.

Hang your head in shame.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    I think I found a way to make it so you don't lose saves.... Just double save. It has a double save feature.... FAIL Nintendo!

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I think I found a way to make it so you don't lose saves.... Just double save. It has a double save feature.... FAIL Nintendo!

Define "double save." If it means keeping two copies of the save file, one the most recent and the other the second most-recent, then we knew about it. Nintendo added that feature to prevent the entire save file from being corrupted in the case of an interrupted save.

I haven't tried this yet, but I plan on doing it. If I interrupt the save after transferring it, then deposit the Pokémon in a daycare, will it clone? I've been wondering about that for a while.

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    Haha this could come usefully. What if we just traded the pokemon cloned temporarily? Will we be able to get the poke on the walker back since the original doesn't exist on that game cartridge anymore? Or how bout cloning it but instead of trying to retrieve it on your game, get someone elses and try to get it from there and if it works trade it back to yours?

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    I haven't tried yet, but...hasn't anyone noticed that there is a bit of hang time between the Pokémon being put into the Pokéwalker and the game saving? why not reset during that hang time? I'll have to try and report back to let you guys know, but...just a question. lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2014
    I've tried it but to no success.....:(
    Also on youtube people say it ruins the saved game and can erase all saved data if you do it wrong!
    I'd try it again but it seems to risky.....

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    Yeah, I just attempted my theory, but...to no avail. All it did was release the clone. Oh well...it was a thought. Of course...maybe somewhere I did something wrong. But I can't think of doing it any other way without everything getting too cumbersome.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Yeah, I just attempted my theory, but...to no avail. All it did was release the clone. Oh well...it was a thought. Of course...maybe somewhere I did something wrong. But I can't think of doing it any other way without everything getting too cumbersome.
    Thats the whole point of this thread, is for people to make and test theorys ^^.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I am trying it now... I really hope it works, as I have to give my Lugia to my mates sister, but I really wanted a Lugia for myself, now I can have one!

-Ok, the SUDOWOODO is in my Pokewalker, I am now restarting to see if it is in my PC...
    -Got the message: "Gave data corrupt, previous save will be loaded" (or something like that) on a blue background, but the SUDOWOODO is in my PC! I am now checking if I can get it back into my game from my Pokewalker....
    -uywqgdsouywageduie IT DID NOT WORK :'(

"Any Pokemon released back into the wild"

BSAODOIHFLIFWLIAWFLIIFWLAEU :(:(:(

ThatsTakao

Hiya!
    Years
    I got these from Bulbapedia, maybe they'll be of use to someone here?
    Returning a Pokémon

A Pokémon can be restored to the game it was taken from if a Pokéwalker is lost or broken by pressing the following buttons at the Pokéwalker connection screen:

• Press and hold Up, Select, and R
    Resetting a Pokéwalker

At the Pokéwalker connection screen:

• Press and hold Down, X, and L
    I don't know much about cloning, but I figured maybe the first code could somehow be used?

.Vaati

=^____^=
    Years
    Dunno if anyone said this already, but what if you send the Pokemon to the PokeWalker than trade it to another game?

When you send the PokeWalkermon back to the game would it be unable to tell that there was once another copy? I'm not exactly sure how the PokeWalker works though and I have no wi-fi here so I can't test it myself.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    maybe leave the clone on the pokewalker, go for a short walk, cath a pokemon on the pokewalker, then try out them back into the game? Just an idea.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    Ladies and gentlemen I have come up with a new cloning method, better than the others >=3
    What is needed-
    2 DS'
    2 Pokewalkers
    2 Games
    A corrupted save file
    Someone to test it out

Spoiler:

Spoilered for excessive size.

You can't trade your main walking Pokemon from one Pokewalker to another though :(

pkmn trainer natty

that darn meowth!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I want to try it but I'm afraid of losing my Pokemon. D: -emotional attachment- Has anyone tried it yet and had it safely work yet?

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    You can't trade your main walking Pokemon from one Pokewalker to another though :(

That's pretty stupid.
    =[
    I have failed at life again >=D
    I knew that had to be a drawback =/

EDIT- Sorry guys, I think there's no more point trying to do this on this game, if you want to clone use D/P
    It's not going to work with this game.
    Unless someone proves me wrong?

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    TO Original Poster.
    How does this work..? It can't.
    think about it

1. your pokemon goes to the pokewalker.
    2. it saves the game, so your game knows what pokemon is away in the walker, what route its on etc.
    3. when you go to return it, the picture of the pokemon that is in the walker appears.. so when you go to return your pokemon from the walker it can sync accordingly.

so whats wrong with that?

well if you turn it off during stage 2. it wont be able to access stage 3? Why? because if it doesnt save the fact that the pokemon that is away in the walker you cannot return it, simple. It will still be in the box where you last saved your game properly. The pokemon in the walker is considered glitched and trashed.

Try it and let me know.

Nintendo and Gamefreak didnt fail here, the person who came up with this did.

In all proper versions of the game, this glitch does not work.

Cloning pokemon is bad anyways. It ruins the game completely, IMO.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    TO Original Poster.
    How does this work..? It can't.
    think about it

1. your pokemon goes to the pokewalker.
    2. it saves the game, so your game knows what pokemon is away in the walker, what route its on etc.
    3. when you go to return it, the picture of the pokemon that is in the walker appears.. so when you go to return your pokemon from the walker it can sync accordingly.

so whats wrong with that?

well if you turn it off during stage 2. it wont be able to access stage 3? Why? because if it doesnt save the fact that the pokemon that is away in the walker you cannot return it, simple. It will still be in the box where you last saved your game properly. The pokemon in the walker is considered glitched and trashed.

Try it and let me know.

Nintendo and Gamefreak didnt fail here, the person who came up with this did.

In all proper versions of the game, this glitch does not work.

Cloning pokemon is bad anyways. It ruins the game completely, IMO.
    Its not me that fails, its you for not understanding the thread itself lol, This thread is for posting/testing/discussion of theorys for cloning on the new HG/SS. Also its been known that the above doesn't work, thats why for the last 4 pages people have been making there own theorys and testing them, and then sharing the results.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back