• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Cloning, Made even easier? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Yeah, you can't clone pokemon with the Pokewalker.

If you wanna clone pokemon just google "ARDS code for cloning pokemon in hgss" and I'm sure there will be a code and instructions on how to use it if you go to the right website. It is honestly a lot safer then using glitches in the game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    TO Original Poster.
    How does this work..? It can't.
    think about it

1. your pokemon goes to the pokewalker.
    2. it saves the game, so your game knows what pokemon is away in the walker, what route its on etc.
    3. when you go to return it, the picture of the pokemon that is in the walker appears.. so when you go to return your pokemon from the walker it can sync accordingly.

so whats wrong with that?

well if you turn it off during stage 2. it wont be able to access stage 3? Why? because if it doesnt save the fact that the pokemon that is away in the walker you cannot return it, simple. It will still be in the box where you last saved your game properly. The pokemon in the walker is considered glitched and trashed.

Try it and let me know.

Nintendo and Gamefreak didnt fail here, the person who came up with this did.

In all proper versions of the game, this glitch does not work.

Cloning pokemon is bad anyways. It ruins the game completely, IMO.

I think he has a point here but I'm not supportive of nixxing the thread.

A few ideas I have are:
    Removing the battery from the walker during transfer or something.
    Removing the cartridge and putting it back in after transfer is completed so it can't save. I don't know how removing the cartridge can affect the saving system but it might make a difference.
    Pulling the pokewalker out of range during a certain stage of the transfer (veeeeeery slim chance here).

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    I'm sure this isn't the right place to post this but GTS cloning apparently still works. The game does all the trade transfers while it is in the "Checking GTS Status" Stage.

I was looking at trades and someone had wanted a Groudon for another Groudon, I had one I transfered over one from my Ruby Game to Heart Gold, and had realized I hadn't checked out its natures, stats, etc, and was curious, so I went in, instead of clicking "Summery" I clicked trade >.<, over the next few moments, I tried pressing 'B' to cancel and then quickly shut of my console.

Enter corrupted save, yadda yadda, I walk out of the GTS check my box and now I have two Groudons. One is from Embedded Tower which was my overall goal anyway and my original one as well.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    I sure do wish that cloning in HG/SS was as easy as it was in the originals. All you had to do was put a pokemon with a held item in a box, move it to another box and when it asked you to save, you turn off the power when it says DONT

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Can some one clone a special event Arceus for me so I can get a level 1 legandry in soul silver please?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    That's not what the thread is about, and this thread is nearly a month old anyways and ran its course (you can't clone via the Pokewalker, surprise surprise) so I'll just close. I suggest you vm the user or just google it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back