• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Closing the VIP Forum

Close?

• Total voters

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    actually the more i think about it the more i would like a combined scrapbox/staff-and-me/dev forum to exist for everyone? i think that would be a neat and useful addition

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I don't honestly see a "staff and me" area working. We aren't meant to be available in private to people who have paid just to hear their personal what-have-you's. Does that not scream of the same type of corruption in the recent US election? Staff are available to all members and anything you have to say privately to us can be done through PM (as is open to all members) or if you have a suggestion or feedback through City Hall.

Or am I missing the premise of such an area?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    My idea for the area was that it's non-exlusive- ALL users have access. The perk of being able to contact staff through there in my eyes is that we don't have to mass-PM and remember to reply all and that. (i really dont like the hassle of PMs to multiple users haha)

It's not to do with supporter stuff really, it's making scrapbox into a useful place for everyone bc it'd be kinda nice imo.

Years
    Echoing Kilppy's question.

What is a "staff-and-me" section? What does that specifically entail?

Wait it has nothing to do with supporters???

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    ok so let me break this down again

in my head the section is like scrapbox: only you and staff(hstaff?) can see whats in it
    it is open to all members
    there are three tags: dev, scrapbox, dicussion/issue/help/for staff
    the first is for beta testing maybe? idk leafy had an idea abt that. scrapbox works like what we have. and the third is like, threads where you can talk to hstaff as a whole unit without the craziness of mass pms and stuff

i dunno just a thought for a nice little private, easy center for stuff. im just saying since some people want a scrapbox still and that idea that leaf had for keeping dev/beta stuff?

Years
    ok so let me break this down again

in my head the section is like scrapbox: only you and staff(hstaff?) can see whats in it
    it is open to all members
    there are three tags: dev, scrapbox, dicussion/issue/help/for staff
    the first is for beta testing maybe? idk leafy had an idea abt that. scrapbox works like what we have. and the third is like, threads where you can talk to hstaff as a whole unit without the craziness of mass pms and stuff

i dunno just a thought for a nice little private, easy center for stuff. im just saying since some people want a scrapbox still and that idea that leaf had for keeping dev/beta stuff?

ok if it has nothing to do with VIP Forum and supporters it's really unnecessary to discuss it here.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    ooookay this has become a bit tangential ahaha. cq&f?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    supporters-only ideas: we scrap vip and replace it with supporter discord channel (as a channel on pc's not a seperate server). orrr we make vip plat-only and stick it as a treehouse subforum. that's my ideas ya

well it was tangentially related in terms of what we do w scrapbox so if you'll promise to actually consider it seriously i'll put it in there but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Oh interesting, that would be neat if we want to keep supporter convos on the forum. I didn't know that was a possibility. It should probably be stickied in wherever it goes so we don't lose it ya?

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @Freiza I think its that there's a slightly smaller base so it's not so overwhelming for me ^^ And is a bit more private, but that's just me. Like I said I'm not good at coming up with arguments lol

It's nothing about arguments, I'm just interested in your perspective since you belong to essentially the only identifiable group that wants to keep this place around. What is it about the privacy that makes you more comfortable? Do you feel that places like Treehouse & Discord, which my modding of is totally unrelated to in this case, aren't conducive to a relaxed atmosphere compared to VIP? Is there something that would make you more willing to branch out?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    yes well i made my plat-only reasonig clear earlier: the loss of exclusivity has actually hurt vip in terms of activity bc everyone is like "why bother lol its basically everyone at this point". and plat is a much bigger group nowadays.

why move it to a subforum: i like the idea of it being tucked away and cozy. also i think more people will remember it if it is a subforum of a place where people look a lot instead of up here

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    As a former staff member who took part in many "wtf is the VIP forum" threads, I'm all for killing this because it is -and has always been- strictly pointless.

I think that having a private discord channel would be more than enough. I don't even understand why the need to have a subforum anywhere (because it would be literally this 2.0) and having a "secret" thread in the Treehouse wouldn't be that much more useful since it'd only mean having the same discussions except with less people than if you simply posted the thread/made your post in the open. Don't misunderstand me, I get how some people (cough me cough) would feel more comfortable in a "small group" than in the open, but it's not like supporter is a particularly private group. And, at some point, there are enough people posting so that it feels like... the Treehouse. With only 70% the usual population. Again, I don't get the point. Make a Discord server (or a Skype group if you want to make sure nobody uses it ever again :P) and move on. And if there is enough demand, or if it can serve to soothe objections, open the "secret" thread because what harm it can do. At least it's something you can advertise in the Donations page, hah.

@the scrapbox idea: I think it's a good idea, I don't know why it should be supporter-only (probably anybody who has a good enough idea and can post about it in CQ&F deserves a fair hearing), and it certainly is going off in a tangent.

PS: Woo it felt good making a post like this.

There have been many discussions over the fate of the VIP forum in the past and we've come to various 'conclusions' over the years, including closure, merging, you name it. But Rukario has always really preferred leaving it as is and him being the owner of the forum I want to respect his wishes. If the decision were on me I'd be all for archiving or relocating this place but it does no harm staying the way it is either. Almost no one actively wants it to close; they'll just ignore it if they don't care for it, as they would for any other forum. If keeping will leave Rukario happy and the few supporters who enjoy having this as a little place exclusively for them (which we already know exist from Kyoya's posts in this thread) then I don't see the issue in leaving it untouched. It doesn't damage anything nor take away much activity from any existing forum. idk, maybe I'm not as bothered as some others?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I'm very against the discord channel idea. I don't see how it would avoid having exactly the same inactivity/exclusiveness issues as the forum has. It's also a lot of slow, extra work for us discord staff who would have to manually go through the permissions and add all the supporters to a separate role.

Just delete this forum and move on. We don't need a replacement.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    If a channel would be far too much hassle, perhaps an alternate server would be better? If people really want that and/or the forum eventually is axed.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    iirc we've discussed that already, and we're pretty unambiguously against it. you're welcome to make a server and invite whomever you like, but it will not be an official PC supporter discord.

edit: wow Ben ninjad me

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    like i said my main support for supporter discord would be in the event of this section being nixed but once again literally nothing is going to change no matter how many ideas anyone has so whatever i guess what a waste of time this was im so glad we had the quality bonding experience

Back