• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Me and Light & Darkness duels. 2-1, surrender in the last round. I'll wait for them to confirm, because we talked about not counting the match because his deck needed optimization.

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    Me and Light & Darkness duels. 2-1, surrender in the last round. I'll wait for them to confirm, because we talked about not counting the match because his deck needed optimization.

Correct. I want to count it. I consciously went into the match with Frognarchs with the SQ Engine, and no Extra Deck.
    He won game 1, and 3.
    Ill play more tomorrow

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Correct. I want to count it. I consciously went into the match with Frognarchs with the SQ Engine, and no Extra Deck.
    He won game 1, and 3.
    Ill play more tomorrow

Okay! I've extended the deadline to Sunday, February 28 at 10:00 p.m. EST, so that should give everyone about 3 more days if they wanna get some more duels in! ^-^

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm heading out of town Saturday morning, so if anyone wants to get any duels in, let me know!

Meadow

Years
    no one is online to play :(
    I'll play you!

I noticed that both of you attempted to contact each other for a duel, but had bad luck in doing so. Do you want me to wait for you two to settle your duel before ending this event? (Because I'm totally fine with it!)

Until that happens, anyone is free to do last minute duels if possible!

(I'm aware that Flushed will be out of town for a while, so we might have to wait a bit longer.)

Meadow

Years
    No Meadow it's ok. I am fine with ending the event.

Ah, okay. In that case, this event is officially over! Huuuge congrats to Flushed for winning it! @Flushed, you've gotten amazingly better since we first started dueling each other a year ago, haha. I like to think that we used to be on somewhat equal grounds, but now you can beat me at my best without much trouble! Major props for that! (I've gotta catch up to you, eheheh.) I'll get to handing out the emblems as soon as I can, so hang on tight!

And since the event is over, we should resume our club discussions! I'll give us a topic to start talking about, and we'll let the conversation flow naturally!

If you could un-ban a card from the banlist, which card would you un-ban, and why?

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
    Wow. I didn't even know this existed! So here's my signup.
    Username: CatmanDaTrainer
    Favorite Card: This is a tough one. Either Majespecter Cat - Nekomata, or Xiangke Magician/Xiangsheng Magician.

Meadow said:
    If you could un-ban a card from the banlist, which card would you un-ban, and why?
    My pick would be Pot of Greed. It only allows you to draw two cards. While that could definitely change the course of a duel, I don't see why it should be banned.

Man, and I missed the tournament the day after it ended?! Talk about bad timing!

Meadow

Years
    Favorite Card: This is a tough one. Either Majespecter Cat - Nekomata, or Xiangke Magician/Xiangsheng Magician.

Whoa, it's Catman! Super awesome to see you joining us here! :D

My pick would be Pot of Greed. It only allows you to draw two cards. While that could definitely change the course of a duel, I don't see why it should be banned.

I'd personally prefer Pot of Greed any day instead of Raigeki, haha. I mean, yeah, drawing 2 free cards is pretty nuts, but if it does help you slaughter your opponent, that would be happening because of your other cards. Raigeki, on the other hand... yeah, no. xD

Man, and I missed the tournament the day after it ended?! Talk about bad timing!

Daaaaaang! If I actually knew you played the card game, I totally would've told you! Man, I suck... Sorry! ;_;

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
    Meadow said:
    Whoa, it's Catman! Super awesome to see you joining us here! :D
    And just when you thought you could get rid of me at PT. {XD}

Meadow said:
    Daaaaaang! If I actually knew you played the card game, I totally would've told you! Man, I suck... Sorry! ;_;
    Well, I only started playing the card game a couple of weeks ago, so I don't think I would've survived long. ;)

Meadow

Years
    And just when you thought you could get rid of me at PT. {XD}

Spoiler:

(But really though, we're glad to have you here! :D)

Well, I only started playing the card game a couple of weeks ago, so I don't think I would've survived long. ;)

Ah, I see. Have you used YGOPRO? That thing is tons of fun!

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
    Meadow said:
    Ah, I see. Have you used YGOPRO? That thing is tons of fun!
    Yes I have! The only reason I know about it is because of this thread! ^^ Before then, I used a website called the Dueling Network. It's like YGOPRO, but it's not automatic and its lower quality.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Ah, okay. In that case, this event is officially over! Huuuge congrats to Flushed for winning it! @Flushed, you've gotten amazingly better since we first started dueling each other a year ago, haha. I like to think that we used to be on somewhat equal grounds, but now you can beat me at my best without much trouble! Major props for that! (I've gotta catch up to you, eheheh.) I'll get to handing out the emblems as soon as I can, so hang on tight!

And since the event is over, we should resume our club discussions! I'll give us a topic to start talking about, and we'll let the conversation flow naturally!

Thanks so much for hosting the event! Hopefully next time we can get a little more participation.

And in response to the discussion topic, I'd definitely say El Shaddoll Construct. From 3 to 0 was an absolute shock and it single-handedly killed one of the more fun decks.

Hey, welcome to the Club! Yeah hopefully we can get a little more activity going into the next tournament. And Xiangsheng Magician is also one of my favorites, she looks gorgeous in OCG Secret Rare.

In response to the DN thing, I think it's a really helpful tool in learning the game, but ygopro is honestly just efficient, and runs much smoother.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Does anyone have tips for this game? I always lose accept for once, but that's besides the point.
    It always helps to have a solid deck build, so if you need help with that, myself or others would be glad to help.

But in general, and I've heard a couple people stress this lately, be familiar with the cards. Know your deck and the plays and strategies it can pull off, and try to know your opponent's deck as well. If they're playing something you don't recognize, don't be afraid to stop and read the cards. I think playing with a variety of decks yourself really helps with that familiarity and that way you can better predict their moves/counter them.

Overall though, just play the game and you'll definitely get better with time.

Back