• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm pretty up to date, I just don't talk too much about 'em haha.

And none of the Magician girls are awful, the deck just has no win condition.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    2 new Frightfur / Fluffal cards, and ... pff. Sanctuary can be ok, but still not worth it, and does not deserve the name Sanctuary. Death Waltz.. Just disappointing, how often is your opponent going to control a fusion (In the anime it was just 2 fusion monsters), and why limit it to just Frightfurs? I mean thats the fusion deck I play, but still Shaddolls, LunaLights, Met(whatever), If we get the new Ancient Gears. Didn't even call it Frightfur Death Waltz, so its even unsearchable. I hate Konami.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah the new set wasn't the most interesting of sets. I honestly haven't looked the Fluffal support yet, but I'm still salty about them as a deck, so that might explain it haha.

A lot of really weird stuff, the LP searcher, the Spirit Monster that can't be summoned, the new Pot card, just a bunch of random cards thrown together.

countryemo

Years
    There is a few oddball cards in TDIL, but I'm looking forward to it more then I did BOSH. I mean BOSH is a great set, brought home CDI, Raff, gave us Strike, but overall I kinda felt it was a lackluster. TDIL is also giving us the banishing MST and Endless Trap Hole.

This new Banlist is freaking mind boggling bad.
    https://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/
    In effect 4/11/16
    Banned:
    PERFORMAGE DAMAGE JUGGLER
    PERFORMAGE PLUSHFIRE
    TELLARKNIGHT PTOLEMAEUS
    CHICKEN GAME
    WAVERING EYES

Limited:
    LUSTER PENDULUM, THE DRACOSLAYER
    PERFORMAPAL MONKEYBOARD
    PERFORMAPAL SKULLCROBAT JOKER
    WISDOM-EYE MAGICIAN
    ELDER ENTITY NORDEN
    THOUSAND-EYES RESTRICT
    IGNISTER PROMINENCE, THE BLASTING DRACOSLAYER
    DRACO FACE-OFF
    REASONING
    UPSTART GOBLIN

Semi-Limited:
    DEBRIS DRAGON
    ALLURE OF DARKNESS
    EMERGENCY TELEPORT

Off the list:
    DARK MAGICIAN OF CHAOS
    TRAGOEDIA
    ADVANCED RITUAL ART
    CRUSH CARD VIRUS

Was Wavering really that bad since the Emergency ban? 1 Upstart? Chicken Game banned (Ok, I can get behind this)? Why not just hit Magical Explosion or Pantheism? and Wisdom-Eye? Magicians weren't even doing anything, and with this and the Joker hit, dang. No Monarch or Kozmo hits disappoint me, reasoning is not a Kozmo hit, just kills Infernoids (which I don't care about, but why.)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Konami is behind by a format. Pepe hits were overkill, Magician hit was unnecessary, Upstart is just weird, and BA/Kozmo/Monarch are left, for the most part unscathed. I can see BA/Kozmo since they're either getting new support or just got new support, but Monarchs suffer from the Reasoning/E-Tele hits just as much as Kozmo, which is to say, not much at all

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Hi guys, I'm back! :D

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, aha. Glad to see there was some fresh activity, though! ^^ I haven't been keeping up with YGO news lately, nor have I read through the last three pages of this thread (yet), so for the time being, is there any drastic news that I've missed? xD Knowing Konami, probably. :P

I'll catch up with all of the reading later, I promise!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, aha. Glad to see there was some fresh activity, though! ^^ I haven't been keeping up with YGO news lately, nor have I read through the last three pages of this thread (yet), so for the time being, is there any drastic news that I've missed? xD Knowing Konami, probably. :P

Hey, nice to have you back!

And really the only big thing was the new banlist that came out last week. I feel like it's not as crazy as some of the past lists, but there certainly were some surprising hits/lack thereof

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Weird! Upstart receive orange label. Upstart just nerfed of pot of greed with 1,000 LP to opponent think so you could draw a card, seriosuly konami. NOTHING is wrong with Upstart unless you find it like those things it's just draw single card not like pots or grace.

I am a tellar user, but I guess I would go other use since the key card just got hit. *sigh*

Since emergency teleport was limited, it hurts psychic-type duelist badly, also I guess just have 1 Crush Card been destroyed by other card effect makes like Mirror force issue arise, I'm fine with crush being unlimited and people can just throw weak cards just to trash your strong monster.

countryemo

Years

Some sharks are coming as imports in TDIL, and Bahumat shark got limited.

Meadow

Years
    Some sharks are coming as imports in TDIL, and Bahumat shark got limited.

Awesome! ^^ ...and WHAT?! Wow, for real? Was Bahamut like, actually a threat or something? O_o

Yes! Chicken Game is banned! That card is so annoying. :S

Whaaaa...? Crap, there goes literally half of all my decks, dang it. xD Yeah... I can tell it will be really fun catching up with the news. :P why u do this, Konami?

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I just check it just let you draw more cards also if LP is lower than 1k it just annoying.

Years
    The Jank Dark Illusion has disappointed me tbh. I don't like much in it except the Tramid cards (simply because I love Egyptian themes), Amaterasu (which came out a decade & a half too late), and the D/D cards (which are just decent at best imo).

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Upstart was I think in response to the Monarch/Chicken Game FTK, in which they opted to Limit Upstart and ban Chicken instead of hitting Life Equalizer

TDIL does seem rather disappointing. I kinda like the Metalphosis archetype, but there's nothing too game changing in the entire set really

Awesome! ^^ ...and WHAT?! Wow, for real? Was Bahamut like, actually a threat or something? O_o
    why u do this, Konami?
    Haha, I hope you know he's kidding

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    If those meta-type doesn't disturb Upstart, Upstart should be fine as is it and konami should really stop making cards way OP-ish ban/limited

countryemo

Years
    Upstart was I think in response to the Monarch/Chicken Game FTK, in which they opted to Limit Upstart and ban Chicken instead of hitting Life Equalizer

TDIL does seem rather disappointing. I kinda like the Metalphosis archetype, but there's nothing too game changing in the entire set really

Shh, don't ruin it.

The only thing that really struck from BOSH was Twin Twisters, Strike, Sorc even though Pals don't really do anything still, and Strike. CDI is nice, but while the decks that can make it keep it in, we don't really use it all that often, and ofc the archetype stuff for Performapals like Monkeyboard/turtle and Kozmojo/Tincan. Can't remember what SHIV is giving us, its been so long since the leaks. TDIL we're getting Endless Trap Hole, Cosmic Cyclone, Card of Soul (Sure some deck will use this), Nirvana Paladin. Ok I'm gonna stop defending now, lol. All sets seem pretty much crap except for a few cards, and archetypes that really do get a boost or that you like which is preference.

Meadow

Years
    Shh, don't ruin it.

Oh oops LOL. I should've figured that Konami would never remember that Sharks actually exist, haha. That's what I get for neglecting the game for so long... >.<

Looks like Norden was inevitably hit, though. And as for Debris Dragon... what took them so long to bump it up? xD I know it was incredibly useful when it came out many years ago, but it didn't seem that gamebreaking (if at all) in 2014-15, did it? :o

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Shh, don't ruin it.

The only thing that really struck from BOSH was Twin Twisters, Strike, Sorc even though Pals don't really do anything still, and Strike. CDI is nice, but while the decks that can make it keep it in, we don't really use it all that often, and ofc the archetype stuff for Performapals like Monkeyboard/turtle and Kozmojo/Tincan. Can't remember what SHIV is giving us, its been so long since the leaks. TDIL we're getting Endless Trap Hole, Cosmic Cyclone, Card of Soul (Sure some deck will use this), Nirvana Paladin. Ok I'm gonna stop defending now, lol. All sets seem pretty much crap except for a few cards, and archetypes that really do get a boost or that you like which is preference.
    Honestly, BOSH was one of the more revolutionary sets. It just so happened that Pepe and Ptolemaeus weren't able to stick around for that long. Tincan/Mojo though are two of the better cards in what is probably the best deck currently.

Oh oops LOL. I should've figured that Konami would never remember that Sharks actually exist, haha. That's what I get for neglecting the game for so long... >.<

Looks like Norden was inevitably hit, though. And as for Debris Dragon... what took them so long to bump it up? xD I know it was incredibly useful when it came out many years ago, but it didn't seem that gamebreaking (if at all) in 2014-15, did it? :o
    There're a lot of things that really have no business being on the list. Grand Mole, Book of Moon, Compulse, Cannahawk, Construct. But we got DMOC and TER, as well as Debris so one at a time I guess

countryemo

Years

Still love me? <3

And yeah, Book/Compulse are still at 1. I wouldn't expect Construct off until possibly next year.

More new cards!
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back