• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
  • What is ygopro? I have never heard of it and if its an online thing i doubt i can try it

YGOPro is an automatic dueling system, almost similar to the video games, except all of the cards are accessible from the get-go. It isn't browser-based like Dueling Network, so you would have to download it to use it.

In other words, it's literally like the "Pokémon Showdown" of Yu-Gi-Oh.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • First of all, that picture's amazing.

As for the deck, I should preface by saying that I'm using the 3DS title Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Duel Carnival to test. Really, YGOPro might be ideal (and I did consider it), but I paid for DC and using it as a deck builder is rather handle (especially since the game gives you all the cards from the getgo...much to my dismay upon purchase, since I quite enjoyed collecting cards and building decks in previous games). That and, and I really didn't even take this into consideration until just now...but my laptop's outta juice and I rarely have the time to get on a desktop. This isn't too much of a problem, but there is a flaw in DC. While the AI is rather smart (yet fair), the banned list is rather dated, as are the cards available. Specifically, Heavy Storm is still at 1, ROTA is only at 1, Raigeki is banned and nowhere to be seen, and probably worse (especially for the Gagaga deck that I actually use in that game, the one that has Xyz), Onomatopaira doesn't exist.

But I made due with what was available and, through several test duels and at least 20 modifications, both minor and major, I think I'm getting somewhere. I should note that I opted early on to convert the deck to pure Gagaga Spellcaster. This may seem strange, but it's actually allowed me to focus in quite a bit. Here's my deck just one modification ago:

Spoiler:

And it worked rather well for what it is. This is from memory, so I'm pretty sure it's slightly wrong, but here it is currently:

Spoiler:

This deck alleviates some of the trouble that comes with the previous modification. Specifically, the Monster to Deck size ratio is much more in my favor, greatly reducing the chance of Spell/Trap only draws (which can and has lead to premature defeats/surrenders a number of times. The problem with this deck is...well, something that I'm rather on the fence about. As I've mentioned before, this is a Gagaga deck. My initial deck was pretty standard in that I pretty much spammed any and all Gagaga cards into the deck much in the way that one would put clay on a turntable ready to be sculpted. But looking at it now, especially now that I reduced the Gardna count by one and added three Breakers- which in my most recent duel proved to be rather destructive, especially in combination with Defender and Gagagashield, I have to wonder when a deck really stops being a Gagaga deck. Currently there's not much in it that really relies on any of the Gagagas- or rather, not much in the way of game changing. I may begin moving towards something- if it exists- that can really make the Gagaga's specifically a destructive force (which would be infinitely easier if Gagaga Sister was in the TCG, because Gagagatag temporarily provides a rather helpful temporary attack boost and, when coupled with Gagagashield/Mage Power/Orichalcos, it can deal some damage and take down some higher leveled customers. Not even just Gagagatag, the Gagaga-line doesn't have the best support cards, but Sister gives them weight and makes non-Xyz play more practical. And the usefulness of Gagagabolt...oh, how it would skyrocket.)

But apart from that, I do have other notes worth sharing. Burden of the Mighty was supposed to be in the deck after I read your post but it completely slipped my mind. That'll be a great help, I imagine. Ironically, I originally had Forbidden Chalice and Forbidden Lance through a good number of my early runs, but recently I decided to switch to simply Forbidden Dress. Reason being, the former two were helpful to an extent, but the attack changes provided by both didn't really do it for me- well, I may reconsider on Forbidden Lance. The thing is, while Lance does allow me to jump over Mirror Force, Fiendish Chain, etc. it also nullifies the stat changes brought on by Orichalcos, Mage Power, or the protection of Gagagashield, and this generally leads to destruction. That said, and this is just me thinking about this now, but if I do have sufficient power on a monster, I should be able use this on my opponent (though maybe that didn't work either...it's been a long day).

I opted for Mage Power over Axe of Despair because it provides at least the same amount of Attack due to the current emphasis on continuous Spell/Trap as well as because of Orichalcos and the Village. The only thing that's really thwarted it is Heavy Storm, but considering that's banned I don't see that as being too much of a problem.

I ran Vanity's Emptiness early on, but my cards were too volatile for it to stay on the field longer than a couple of turns. I may try running it again since my deck is in a...mostly different place. I ran Shrink as well, but I stopped for reasons I don't remember all too well, though I think it might have been that it wasn't too reliable for the deck space it was allotted (which may not be the case now). I should also note that I'm not 100% on my current deck size. I'll probably cut it down in my next modification, though. I may also swap out 2-3 Breakers for Mystic Tomato, which will help me get any of my Gagaga's on the field other than Gardna.

Last edited:

Meadow

Years

• Ah, so I see you went with a Spellcaster build. Interesting choice, and while I understand that you would prefer to use the 3DS game, I could always test out your build on YGOPro for you if you want.
    In those builds, I don't really see Burden of the Mighty being all too helpful since you have other coverage, but the build that I made is a complete Beatdown Deck that focuses more on Warriors than Spellcasters.

When making and testing this deck, I found "The A. Forces" to be almost indispensable, and it works magic with Marauding Captain. Marauding Captain, believe it or not, works very well with the Warrior Beatdown build, due to his searchability via ROTA, his ability to bring out another monster, and his synergy with "The A. Forces." I threw in a couple of techs like D.D. Warrior Lady to remove threats, and Obnoxious Celtic Guard to wall out the opponent.

When facing a mildly weak deck who utilized some degree disruption, this was the ending result (after getting Mirror Force'd twice):
    Spoiler:

When facing a considerably stronger (but not meta) deck who utilized crazy disruption every turn, I got this as the ending result:
    Spoiler:

And after testing against that same disruptive deck a few times, the average ending field usually looked something like this:
    Spoiler:

Our builds seem to differ in that yours focuses more on coverage and shenanigans, while mine focuses on simplicity and power.

Here's a really early draft of my build (which is subject to change):

Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Monsters:
    Gagaga Gardna (x2)
    Gagaga Magician (x1)
    Gagaga Caesar (x1)
    Zubaba Knight (x1)
    Dododo Driver (x2)
    Marauding Captain (x3)
    D.D. Warrior Lady (x2)
    Obnoxious Celtic Guard (x2)
    Turret Warrior (x1)

Spells:
    Pot of Duality (x3)
    Onomatopaira (x1)
    Axe of Despair (x1)
    Gagaga Academy Emergency Network (x2)
    Burden of the Mighty (x2)
    Reinforcement of the Army (x3)
    The A, Forces (x3)
    Terraforming (x1)
    The Seal of Orichalcos (x1)
    Snatch Steal (x1)
    Raigeki (x1)

Traps:
    Mirror Force (x2)
    Dimensional Prison (x2)
    Bottomless Trap Hole (x1)
    Solemn Warning (x1)

The side deck isn't so much of a side deck as it is more of a bunch of leftover cards that I wanted to fit in, but couldn't. As you can see, Pinpoint Guard is in there. I REALLY want to put that card in somehow, because not only is really good in this deck (in a slower format anyway), but it was also used by Yuma, who this deck pays homage to.

Also, what sort of deck is your friend using? If he's using Synchros, then I would definitely find some way to add more beef to this deck. However, I assumed that his deck was around the same speed as the ones that I tested against, because I took into consideration that he apparently hates Xyz monsters. even ones that aren't so much of a threat.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I'm with flushed on Secret Village, hurt him a lot and probably won't hurt you that much. Enlightment could be good too if your trying to up the attack and beat down. I myself would run a more spellcaster build, but warriors side has some good support also.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

• Ah, Gagaga Academy Emergency Network...no wonder I felt like I was forgetting something.

Yeah, I'll probably have to move over YGOPro. Emergency Network wasn't even released at the time, and these are arguably two (this and Onomatopaira) of the most important Gagaga support cards (especially when paired with the Zubaba and Dododo archetypes). It isn't even really so much that I don't like YGOPro that I don't use it so much as that I don't have active access to a PC currently (and honestly this game is a lot of fun), but I have nothing against it and would be more than willing to try it out.

And as for the deck's focus, I could always just create another build. Since we're pre the purchase stage, it's really no trouble (and quite a bit of fun). Really, I can continue with both as a result (though I don't think I could justify having that many Gagaga Magicians in real life). Pro would probably be better in this case too as, since DC uses ZeXal as its base, the enemies predominately use Xyz monsters, which is generally my undoing (and is largely the reason that I've shifted into a coverage focus, which may have ended up hurting it).

As for my friend's deck, he has several- though I know most of their playstyles. His Blue-Eyes deck is rather standard, mostly focused on getting Blue-Eyes out as quickly as possible, shutting down possible counters (via Stamping Destruction), and a few Synchros to supplement the Blue-Eyes (most notably, Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon and Ally of Justice Catastor. His Spellcaster deck is...a work in progress, nothing even my current Gagaga non-Xyz deck (which, from this point on, I'll refer to as Gagaga Magic, since that's what it's named in DC) couldn't handle. His Warrior deck runs Heroic Champions and Challengers, though no Synchros. His Water deck is solely Xyz, though the Shark Drake and Shark Caesar (to my knowledge) are threats- he mostly focuses on field crowding rather than the Extra Deck. And...other than that there's his Cyber Dragon Deck, which is fusion.

Meadow

Years
  • His Warrior deck runs Heroic Champions and Challengers, though no Synchros. His Water deck is solely Xyz, though the Shark Drake and Shark Caesar (to my knowledge) are threats- he mostly focuses on field crowding rather than the Extra Deck.

Hold on! Before I answer the rest of your message, let me get one thing straight: so he uses Xyz decks, but he calls BS on Xyz monsters? Utopia isn't even a threat, to be honest. (And as a long-time Shark user, neither is Shark Drake.)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Hold on! Before I answer the rest of your message, let me get one thing straight: so he uses Xyz decks, but he calls BS on Xyz monsters? Utopia isn't even a threat, to be honest. (And as a long-time Shark user, neither is Shark Drake.)
    He has exceptions. He's quick to call out cards like Utopia Beyond (which really isn't that bad) and Ray V due to its second effect (or, for non-Utopia examples, Volcasaurus, Norito, etc.).

The reason he gives is because their summon costs are far too low and they are far too easy to get out for the strength and effects of the cards they summon. He generally goes on to say that Synchros are better because you have to use specific monsters and exact levels to summon them, In short, he thinks are Synchros are better because they supposedly require more effort to get out and are, thus, more fair.

Really, I think it's more that he refuses to adapt to the way that Yu-Gi-Oh is evolving. I don't use archetypes other than Gagaga and a few Utopias (the latter without ZeXal weapons solely because I know he'll complain- I actually had to divert my focus for that reason) and I don't really have the money to play the meta, so I know that it's more that he wants to play a certain way and just can't anymore because cards are becoming too "cheap". Considering he views Pendulums as "cheap" as well supports this.

Meadow

Years

• Hmm, what can I say... Nowadays, powercreep is inevitable since Konami is really pushing for the money. However, Xyz monsters were, for the most part, always fair up until 2014, and even then, the only unfair ones are the bad apples (Exciton, Castel, MAYBE Big Eye, and so on). However, that's obviously not Xyz's fault at all, as it is more of Konami's fault. Same with Pendulums; they honestly would have been really slow if Konami didn't make the current Pendulum archetypes so abusive. However, I must agree with him concerning one thing, and it's that Sharks are fair -- well designed even, minus the fact that they're too ridiculously underpowered (and undersupported, for that matter).

Anyways, back to the deck. The one I designed may as well be too weak since I didn't expect him to use Synchros and certain Xyzs, so I should focus a bit more on backrow and less on gimmicks. Black Horn of Heaven does a great job at negating those summons, so that card is a must. Burden of the Mighty sounds like it would do well against Blue-Eyes and Synchros, so for now, I might keep it at 2 copies as well. Fiendish Chain would be very helpful, and Compulse is an absolute necessity.

I teched in D.D. Warrior Lady for the purpose of removing dangerous monsters, because she can banish herself and the opposing monster after damage calculation (so in other words, she serves as easy and searchable removal). Obnoxious Celtic Guard should also stay put, because he can't be destroyed in battle with monsters that have 1900+ ATK, which is enough to fend off Blue-Eyes and most Synchros. I'll see if I can find more cards that disrupt the opponent, as well as quicker ways to boost your own monsters. Unfortunately, Mystical Space Typhoon won't fit since we need a lot of deck space to support our monsters, which wouldn't be necessary if we had access to the Extra Deck.

I guess it's time for more testing!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Hm...you know, Revise, you've done more than enough. I hate to bother you with this more than I already have, and you've helped quite a bit.

I'm not giving up on the project (since I'm rather enjoying this and do plan to make it a reality), but I did realize that I have no reason go through all this trouble just so that my friend can feel more comfortable dueling- he's never going to be able to move forward if I coddle him like this. And now that more than one person's involved in the making, it just seems like this is affecting too many people for what could easily be resolved by normal play.

That, and I don't want to flood the thread with just my deck plans. It might turn newcomers away or just be a conflict of interest for others (though I might just be overthinking this). I'll continue to work on this and see if I can post more on it later this week.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Don't worry about flooding, I never intended for this thread to have any real structure lol. Tbh I'm enjoying the activity and seeing what you guys come up with.

And if any (new) members don't feel like contributing to whatever's going on, they're more than welcome to start a new topic, and we can continue discussing both, or whatever works.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    You know i think ill try to see if ygopro works on my laptop this could really help me learn some new things

Meadow

Years
  • Hm...you know, Revise, you've done more than enough. I hate to bother you with this more than I already have, and you've helped quite a bit.

I'm not giving up on the project (since I'm rather enjoying this and do plan to make it a reality), but I did realize that I have no reason go through all this trouble just so that my friend can feel more comfortable dueling- he's never going to be able to move forward if I coddle him like this. And now that more than one person's involved in the making, it just seems like this is affecting too many people for what could easily be resolved by normal play.

That, and I don't want to flood the thread with just my deck plans. It might turn newcomers away or just be a conflict of interest for others (though I might just be overthinking this). I'll continue to work on this and see if I can post more on it later this week.

Eh? Don't worry, it's not a bother at all! To be honest, I'm probably enjoying this as much as you are; I absolutely love building less competitive decks, especially when I like the archetype. And since Zexal is my favorite YGO series, I naturally have a liking for Gagagas, Gogogos, Dododos, and all of those other ones. Heck, this is what my deck folder looks like -- it has about 75 files consisting of lame, but fun decks that I've built over the years:

Spoiler: It's just a picture, don't worry.
    Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Anyways, don't worry about the thread; it's usually really chill, and we mainly talk about news and random archetypes. I doubt that you'd be causing any problems for anyone -- in fact, I think that this kind of activity brings the club together as a whole, and it feels somehow more engaging to post this kind of stuff, if you know what I mean. But if you are gonna insist on not posting here too often, then you can always VM me your progress, because I still am interested in seeing how that deck turns out. (And I'd be happy to exchange ideas as well.)

...LOL! It looks like Flushed ninja'd me, haha.

#YugiCommunity2015

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Oh, well in that case let the good times roll!

I actually downloaded YGOPro and I like it so far (especially the non-essential inclusion of anime cards- I mean c'mon, that's just cool). Though I do have a question about the AI. The standard AI made some...questionable actions. Specifically, it would use, say, a magic card that would restore LP and then promptly use Magic Jammer, leaving it cardless both on the field and in hand.

Now, this could have just been that one deck, (which was the 2014 Arc V starter), but it was some pretty interesting start.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Don't quote me on this, but I think they need to be playing an AI deck to play most efficiently. I've noticed tons of misplays when they're using my decks, and even with AI decks, they'll like attack my Defense Position monsters that have high Def, and take pointless damage. But idk, for the most part, they're alright for AIs, but I think the script of whatever for the AI decks matches up better, so maybe try that?

@Gabe: If you wanted to duel right now one of us could show you how.

Meadow

Years
  • Oh, well in that case let the good times roll!

I actually downloaded YGOPro and I like it so far (especially the non-essential inclusion of anime cards- I mean c'mon, that's just cool). Though I do have a question about the AI. The standard AI made some...questionable actions. Specifically, it would use, say, a magic card that would restore LP and then promptly use Magic Jammer, leaving it cardless both on the field and in hand.

Now, this could have just been that one deck, (which was the 2014 Arc V starter), but it was some pretty interesting start.

Eheheheh, I'm pretty sure the only decks that will put up a fight are the ones that have the "AI-" prefix. xD But if you ever want to duel anyone in the club, just give us a shout! (It doesn't have to be right now, of course, since you're still getting used to the program.)

Ok how do i find you guys on this thing?
    If you look up "YGOPro," on google, click on the first result. Watch out, because there are many ripoff versions out there! (Like the KaibaCorp one.)

IGNORE ME, I MISREAD!

...got ninja'd again LOL.

Meadow

Years
  • revise told me to upload a pic of my deck to see if you guys would help me with
    idk if i screen shot it correctly though

Whoops! I just found a better way to do it. Sorry about that!

Do you have any way to put your deck file in a zipped folder? If you do that, then you can upload it to PC and it won't be invalid. (Sorry for not thinking of this sooner.)

Back