• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
  • no i dont have the ability to do that on this laptop

Ah, okay. If any of us have trouble knowing which card is which, we'll just ask you.

(Or, you could upload your deck file to Dropbox or Google drive and link it here, but that might be inconvenient. And if worst comes to worst, you can TECHNICALLY type up a list of every card in your deck, but that's incredibly tedious and I don't want to put you through that pain.)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    revise told me to upload a pic of my deck to see if you guys would help me with
    idk if i screen shot it correctly though

There's the "sort" option in the program which makes it more organized and easy to view (in terms of monsters, spells, traps). And I'm assuming you're pasting your screenshot in Paint or something similar? Just make sure you move/adjust it so we can see the extra deck.

And I definitely don't have any experience with Six Sam, but from the looks of it, you can cut some stuff. Try to whittle it own to 40 cards for consistency. Some of the things I can see like Fiend's Hand Mirror and Chorus of Sanctuary aren't necessarily needed.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I've been trying to find all the cards you use, I'm 36/50 right now, mostly traps I don't know. What I can tell you should get rid of, Footsoilder, Megamorph, Fissure, Captain, maybe trap hole.

This is my brothers:
    Spoiler:

Of course you don't have to copy his, but it can give you a good idea.

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
  • Hey guys, I just noticed something. With countryemo, machomuu, and Gabethegreen in the club now, we officially have more than four YGOPro users! That means a round-robin tournament will no longer be an impossibility. Is anyone up for this idea?

My only concern is that it might be a little tricky to organize, but I'm sure we'll find a way... somehow. xD

EDIT: LOL! Fail on my part; I just realized that machomuu was the second person to join this club, haha. But he still got YGOPro recently, which is kinda what I was pointing at, lol.

Also, I just realized that we could finally do tag duels as well. =P (Though tag duels get me a little nervous, eheh.)

Last edited:

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • Oh sorry I can't get YGOpro, forgot to mention that lol. I got that app but my computer see YGOpro and shouts SATAN at me

Meadow

Years
  • Aw, that's unfortunate to hear. =(

But if anything ever changes for the better, feel free to invite anyone here to a duel! (You were the Infernity user, correct? I would be willing to try going against them any day, haha.)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm thinking about going to the next regionals in my area, I need some practice, so anyone want to suffer through duel against Spirit Beasts on ygopro?

Meadow

Years
  • I'm thinking about going to the next regionals in my area, I need some practice, so anyone want to suffer through duel against Spirit Beasts on ygopro?

I'd be down for that! I spent the last couple of days testing out a new Cyber deck that I built, but I would obviously need to use one of my better decks to hold my own against the Spirit Beasts. And since you're practicing, you're gonna need some pretty good (or semi-decent) competition, so I definitely won't be using Cybers, haha.

But regionals? Wow, that's big. Best of luck to you!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I heard the new Cyber Dragon stuff (from CROS or Clash of Rebellion?) is pretty crazy. Not sure if that's been added to ygopro yet though. But really, feel free to use any deck you'd like.

Honestly I've been getting stomped on at locals, but I've been playing Cloudians the past couple weeks haha. But Spirit Beasts definitely have the potential to compete, and I'd like to think I have adequate knowledge of the deck to win a couple matches lol. I'm gonna go to a couple locals first irl (and test more on ygopro) to see if I should actually consider the regionals.

Meadow

Years
  • Yeah, the new boss monster is stupidly broken, lol. But I'm gonna use a more consistent deck against you, because it might as well be more beneficial. Unfortunately, dueling me will NOT help you prepare for Qliphorts, Shaddolls, BA, etc., but at the very least you can learn your own deck even if the competition isn't the greatest. xD

Honestly I've been getting stomped on at locals, but I've been playing Cloudians the past couple weeks haha. But Spirit Beasts definitely have the potential to compete, and I'd like to think I have adequate knowledge of the deck to win a couple matches lol.

That's probably the only reason you're getting stomped, haha. But I think Spirit Beasts will solve a lot of your problems, considering the massive gap in the viability of those two archetypes. xD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I think Nekroz are the most played thing now, BA and Qlips are still running around, but haven't heard much of Shaddolls.

And Cloudians are surprisingly good against the meta. They can main Emptiness, and I side in Stormforth and Vanity's Fiend like every match (Stormforth works with the level 5 Cloudian too). Only thing that really hurts is Skill Drain. Idk what it was though, even with 3 Duality and tons of searchers, it wasn't very consistent lol.

Meadow

Years
  • Ah, I was thinking of the OCG, where Shaddolls are still wreaking havoc, haha.

Wow, didn't expect that from Cloudians lol. Then again, I've only seen them in the show, which isn't exactly a good example. xD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Oh that's right, they don't have BA, and I'm pretty sure Nekroz got nuked by the banlist? Shaddolls makes sense then.

And who used Cloudians? I'm gonna assume GX, maybe I'd recognize them.

Meadow

Years
  • And who used Cloudians? I'm gonna assume GX, maybe I'd recognize them.

That's right; Amon Garam from GX was the one who used Cloudians.

Also, I think I figured out why Solemn Warning didn't work on Fusion Gate yesterday. Take a close look at the text:

"When a monster(s) would be Summoned, OR when a Spell Card, Trap Card, or monster effect is activated that includes an effect that Special Summons a monster(s): Pay 2000 LP; negate the Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card."

Because it was already face-up, Fusion Gate was NOT activated as a card; only its effect was activated. Power Bond, on the other hand, WAS activated as a card, and that's why you were able to negate it. Now if Solemn Warning said to negate a "Spell, Trap, or Effect Monster's effect," THEN it would work on Fusion Gate. So what does this mean? It means Solemn Warning stops almost everything, but it can still be exploited. =P

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Heh, just wrecked my friend with my precious Mermails <3

Username: Honest
    Favorite Card: Mermail Abyssmegalo

Also, I think I figured out why Solemn Warning didn't work on Fusion Gate yesterday. Take a close look at the text:

"When a monster(s) would be Summoned, OR when a Spell Card, Trap Card, or monster effect is activated that includes an effect that Special Summons a monster(s): Pay 2000 LP; negate the Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card."

Because it was already face-up, Fusion Gate was NOT activated as a card; only its effect was activated. Power Bond, on the other hand, WAS activated as a card, and that's why you were able to negate it. Now if Solemn Warning said to negate a "Spell, Trap, or Effect Monster's effect," THEN it would work on Fusion Gate. So what does this mean? It means Solemn Warning stops almost everything, but it can still be exploited. =P

That's right! Just thought I'd confirm ahaha. Anyway, regarding the new Cyber Dragon support, it's nuts. Quasar and 101 hybrid is going to be really strong. Thinking about making Cyber Dragons now, considering it wouldn't cost too much to max rarity everything by the time Infinity drops. Maybe. Running Mermails and Heroes right now, though. I haven't gone to a tourney in ages, and never something big, but I really want to.

Meadow

Years
  • Heh, just wrecked my friend with my precious Mermails <3

Username: Honest
    Favorite Card: Mermail Abyssmegalo

Yay, a new member! Thanks for joining us, haha. By any chance, is your username based on the card "Honest," or is it just a coincidence? {XD}

And another Mermail user? I smell competition, eheh. (I recently picked them up myself. xD)

That's right! Just thought I'd confirm ahaha. Anyway, regarding the new Cyber Dragon support, it's nuts. Quasar and 101 hybrid is going to be really strong. Thinking about making Cyber Dragons now, considering it wouldn't cost too much to max rarity everything by the time Infinity drops. Maybe. Running Mermails and Heroes right now, though. I haven't gone to a tourney in ages, and never something big, but I really want to.

My thoughts exactly, haha. But even without Infinity, Power Bond is a really fun card that hits pretty hard when you summon something like Cyber Twin Dragon with it.

I'm running a whole bunch of decks right now, including Merlanteans, Karakuris, Blackwings, Sharks, and Synchrons (yes, Quasar haha). I've always wanted to enter a competitive tournament, but my chances of doing so were annihilated when I moved a couple years back. =(

Oh, and I might as well ask this now... are you a YGOPro user, by any chance?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Yay, a new member! Thanks for joining us, haha. By any chance, is your username based on the card "Honest," or is it just a coincidence? {XD}

And another Mermail user? I smell competition, eheh. (I recently picked them up myself. xD)
    Actually, yes, regarding the username. I wouldn't say based on, though, rather inspired. I was thinking of what username to create, and I think I was going through some cards at the same time, absentmindedly shuffling them. I eyed Honest, and realized it was perfect, because the word spoke volumes.

And sweet! I've been running Mermails for about two years now, I think. Main deck space is so tight. -__-

My thoughts exactly, haha. But even without Infinity, Power Bond is a really fun card that hits pretty hard when you summon something like Cyber Twin Dragon with it.

I'm running a whole bunch of decks right now, including Merlanteans, Karakuris, Blackwings, Sharks, and Synchrons (yes, Quasar haha). I've always wanted to enter a competitive tournament, but my chances of doing so were annihilated when I moved a couple years back. =(

Oh, and I might as well ask this now... are you a YGOPro user, by any chance?
    Sadly, no. I go on DN every now and then, but even then, I rarely find time. Might go on DN a little more once my laptop's stuff comes in, but I can't download YGOPro on it, so that's that.

Meadow

Years
  • Actually, yes, regarding the username. I wouldn't say based on, though, rather inspired. I was thinking of what username to create, and I think I was going through some cards at the same time, absentmindedly shuffling them. I eyed Honest, and realized it was perfect, because the word spoke volumes.

And sweet! I've been running Mermails for about two years now, I think. Main deck space is so tight. -__-

Wow, that's nice to hear. My username was also inspired by a certain two cards, but it honestly has nowhere near as much depth (or meaning) as yours, haha.

And yeah, if the main deck feels tight right now, just wait until "Neptabyss the Atlantean Prince" comes out. =P

Sadly, no. I go on DN every now and then, but even then, I rarely find time. Might go on DN a little more once my laptop's stuff comes in, but I can't download YGOPro on it, so that's that.

Ah, I see. Don't sweat it, though! If we ever do hold a club tournament in the future (assuming it even happens), I don't really see any reason to exclude you just because you use DN. (I actually have a DN account myself, but I'm pretty embarrassing on it, hahaha.)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Welcome to the club Honest! Nice to see you @2 /badjokehaha

That's right; Amon Garam from GX was the one who used Cloudians.

I was thinking I could activate Warning to the summon, according to the first clause, "When a monster(s) would be Summoned". I know I can't activate it in response to the activation of the Gate effect, but I thought I'd be able to when the monster hits the field, like an Xyz summon, etc. But I'd assume I'm wrong since it didn't work out that way haha.

Back