• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Codec's Art (Fakemon)

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Ombrenus is way too small to give any crit on without seeing a big sprite first.

It looks Ghosty from this angle, though.

Codec's Art (Fakemon)

Now, this sprite needs some major work.

The outlines look VERY jagged. They should look soft and smooth, seeing as it's a PILLOW.

The face isn't very imaginative, either. The eyes are essentially straight lines, and it doesn't really seem to have any personality. If you were able to have the eyes half open and blinking, it could be sleepy-looking and look much better.

Shadingwise, it needs some major improvement. The highlight is applied strangely. The light comes from above it, o the top right. As a result, the light should accompany this. Try to make the highlight convex rather than concave, as it will look much better.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Thanks for the good feedback -
    I was rushing when I made it though -
    The OW for ombrenus is a ghost type and is an alternate version of obreflamus!

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
    Thanks for the good feedback -
    I was rushing when I made it though -
    The OW for ombrenus is a ghost type and is an alternate version of obreflamus!
    what is obreflamus?lol and the ow looks more like an icon

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    An Icon? Hmmm... never thought of it that way....

Ombreflamus is an alternate version of Ombrenus - It is in the fakemon section!

New Ripped Tiles
    House from HGSS
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

Please give more C&C plz

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
    Ashtro is way too small... The smallest a modern-style Pokemon sprites should be is around Magnemite or Natu's size. Here's Ashtro compared to some of the smallest R/S/E Pokemon sprites.

Codec's Art (Fakemon)

As you can see, it's absolutely tiny. Another problem is the shape; at the bottom of the image I've made two circles, one of which is the same shape as Ashtro. Doesn't the circle on the right look more rounded? To achieve this effect, you should have a bridge made up of at least five pixels between the horizontal and vertical edges, as seen in my circle. If you look closely at the round parts of the sprites above, you'll see that they all have something similar.

You should create a new circle, at least the size of Magnemite's, and move the parts you've drawn onto that. Also, you should try to improve some of your other sprites... I expect to see an improved Shirohaven before you make any other new sprites, yeah?

Last edited:

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Oh ok -
    Hmmm - I will work on these sixe expectations on my next sprite - but until then - like you mentioned....
    ShiroHaven Updated (2.0)
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
    Years
    The ripped house tile was good. Your own house tile does not look much like a house. It is a bit uneven and needs outlining. ShiroHaven is a bit plain. Try adding more colors.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2009
    9 out of 10
    the bad bit was the foot and the pillow and the rest was excellent

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

New fakemon
    Personally I like it..
    Please rate and suggest names ^_^
    EDIT:
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

New Fakemon
    Name: TreeStout
    Type: Grass
    (Please rate)

Last edited:

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    NEW UPDATE:
    I have a new fakemon - please rate all!
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

It's frydai!
    An awesome fire starter I made!
    And a new OW too
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
    I'm not even sure if I could rate Frydai... I can't tell what it's supposed to be. I think I see a small brown ape-like body, in front of... some sort of lavendar... rock? Smoke?

Back