• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Community Supporter DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    The funny thing is... I got a B in math. However, we're talking special education math here too so... maybe that has something to do with it or something? XD idk I just know I suck with math. I can do the basics, but when it comes to anything more, my brain just goes dead.

As far as I remember, I did pretty well at English (it's my second language, I started to learn it when I was 5 through cartoons), History and couple of Economy related subjects (since my school was mainly focusing at Economy).

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    As far as I remember, I did pretty well at English (it's my second language, I started to learn it when I was 5 through cartoons), History and couple of Economy related subjects (since my school was mainly focusing at Economy).

English is different here... sort of. lol Anyway, it was one of my favorite subjects though. I guess history was pretty good too. My dad is a real history buff, so to learn more about what he knew was pretty exciting. I was in special education classes, which are called resource classes here.

Years
    English is different here... sort of. lol Anyway, it was one of my favorite subjects though. I guess history was pretty good too. My dad is a real history buff, so to learn more about what he knew was pretty exciting. I was in special education classes, which are called resource classes here.

Honestly, the only thing left in me is my English right now. My work and lack of time caused me to forget most of the knowledge I got in my school.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I was good at math and science, decent in English class, but I can't spell for crap. I remember in middle school falling behind my peers in spelling. I was (and still am) just terrible. Spell check is a god-sent for me. I would be so lost without it.

Years
    To this day I constantly use Google Translate, because my vocabulary isn't really rich and I tend to forget lots of words. Even though I might be good at speaking this language, I still stutter a lot when it comes to real voice talk.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    To this day I constantly use Google Translate, because my vocabulary isn't really rich and I tend to forget lots of words. Even though I might be good at speaking this language, I still stutter a lot when it comes to real voice talk.

Your writing looks good, if you hadn't said you were not good at English, I would of never of known.

Years
    Your writing looks good, if you hadn't said you were not good at English, I would of never of known.

It's because I've known this language for a long time. I'm still learning new things though. I can say most sentences without using Google Translate. I learned a lot about grammar and vocabulary in school , so I try not to make mistakes.

Also, browser doesn't correct me, because obviously it's Polish one, so it corrects lots of English words, simply because they're unknown to it.

Years
    I remember when newbies would confuse supporters for staff. I know I got a couple of PMs asking for me to step into a situation way back when.

This happened to me a lot. Maybe because my posts give off the impression of a mod or something.

It was even more flattering back when all the supporters were blue, given our shade was very similar to the steel blue shade the mods had. Even when supporters were green and obviously different I still had newbies asking if I was a mod.

Guess this is what happens to me by being active in The Welcome Lounge, and it doesn't help I'm one of the few people welcoming newbies there who isn't a staff member.

Years
    It's amazing what good grammar can do.

True, in fact very true.

I always felt like that section was on the no non-staff activity in terms of welcomers went, even moreso for supporters since I'm currently the only one of our italicized group who even posts actively there.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    as if mods have good grammar lmao

Or write bulky posts for that matter. My posts are most often short and to the point... I think? And if they're not, I just ramble. :D

Nah idk. Maybe I should make an effort to sound more, uh, cultivated when I type. Maybe.

Years
    Speaking of mods, this forum sure has lots of them. Like literally for every board section. Not that I mind though, just pointing it out since I know couple of huge forums with more sections and much less mods who take care.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Speaking of mods, this forum sure has lots of them. Like literally for every board section. Not that I mind though, just pointing it out since I know couple of huge forums with more sections and much less mods who take care.
    I suppose the higher ups here just think it's a good idea to have many mods who can make an effort to actually lead their section rather than just robotically take care of spambots and reports. Or something :) I enjoy having mod partners. Then you're not the sole responsible "police" of a section, but part of a team working towards making that part of PC better and better.

Years
    I suppose the higher ups here just think it's a good idea to have many mods who can make an effort to actually lead their section rather than just robotically take care of spambots and reports. Or something :) I enjoy having mod partners. Then you're not the sole responsible "police" of a section, but part of a team working towards making that part of PC better and better.

Makes sense. Some forums have one mod for couple sections, so he/she isn't really able to contain every infraction in forum, and that's why they only take care of those really inappropriate posts and eventual spam/advertise bots.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Makes sense. Some forums have one mod for couple sections, so he/she isn't really able to contain every infraction in forum, and that's why they only take care of those really inappropriate posts and eventual spam/advertise bots.
    The crucial point is probably that the general atmosphere on PC is that you're cool if you care and are eager about things. As such, many members help out by quickly reporting any wrongs or mistakes they see (thank you all for that <3) and the people trusted with mod badges enjoy watching over their assigned places like mother ducks.

i.e. we're control freaks asdhjsdk

Years
    The crucial point is probably that the general atmosphere on PC is that you're cool if you care and are eager about things. As such, many members help out by quickly reporting any wrongs or mistakes they see (thank you all for that <3) and the people trusted with mod badges enjoy watching over their assigned places like mother ducks.

i.e. we're control freaks asdhjsdk

Sounds pretty normal to me, though I am not a type of poster that does that really :)

Years

Having a partner is always good. In fact if I were a mod I'd love having a partner more than running solo. Makes the experience smoother to transition into and it's much more fun anyway! And yeah those higher-ups surely are smart, that's what makes our staff team so different and unique from most forums, because they involve themselves with the other non-staff members.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back