• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Community Supporter DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Before I go make the thread, would anyone be interested in doing another Secret Santa event this year? Last year I remember some peeps didn't receive any gifts because their "Santas" wern't able to...but hopefully there won't be a repeat of that this year? I'd be more than happy to host this year.

How would a Secret Santa event even work?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Another image posting thread, you say? That could be something that would provide nice stuff others may like to share for whatever reason. I'm on board with that.

There's a GIF thread, but it hasn't been posted since June. You can still revive it since there's no revival rule in this place :P

How would a Secret Santa event even work?
    Basically you sign up, then you get a PM from the host (me) of your recipient, and then you can go ahead and make your gift. Then you deliver it on the 25th or whatever's convenient for you. Here's last year's SS event.

Years
    • Age 36
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    I remember doing that in Elementary school. It was really fun!
    I was also reminded of this

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    For some reason I'm actually really nervous about this secret Santa event.

no kidding I'm not sure if my gift is going to be alright.

TY

For some reason I'm actually really nervous about this secret Santa event.

no kidding I'm not sure if my gift is going to be alright.

It's the thought that counts behind the gift, if it is good or not, or at least it is for me so no need to worry too much about it ^^

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I agree with ShadowE. It IS the thought that counts. I can't do very much myself since I lost GIMP. It just refuses to load or work. So, I got another graphic program called FireAlpaca. It's not as good, but it still does it's job for me. ^^

Years
    • Age 36
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    that's a great name, honestly. haha, but a slightly anonymous gift is a bit more special. You can divulge and be a bit more free as opposed to ¨Oh, (name) likes (whatever) and I HAVE to get them that or they'll kill me!¨

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm so glad people are excited for this year's SS event! That makes me really happy <3

Also, no need to be nervous about it!

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    Ugh, Secret Santa, I still haven't gotten anything for my Reddit Secret Santa gift exchange, I still have a few days so I'll just procrastinate it some more.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Ugh, Secret Santa, I still haven't gotten anything for my Reddit Secret Santa gift exchange, I still have a few days so I'll just procrastinate it some more.

I thought of joining that... but I live with my parents. I found hard to explain to them what it was all about, and I ended up not doing it. D:

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I thought of joining that... but I live with my parents. I found hard to explain to them what it was all about, and I ended up not doing it. D:

I would of just said that it's the world's largest Secret Santa Gift Exchange, which it is. :D

I didn't have that problem though, I live alone sadaly.

Years
    My parents haven't been opposed to me ordering things online, as i've done so more than a few times in recent years. But at the same time, my mom (I don't know about my dad though) is super worried that PayPal is a scamming site, which I really don't want her to think in the slightest.

Years
    My mother would totally ban me from sites like eBay or PayPal, given we're a low-income family and she doesn't want money being unnecessarily spent. It's one of the reasons why I'm never able to donate to PC, so getting supportership basically had to have me rely on fellow users and that was exactly what happened.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    My parents haven't been opposed to me ordering things online, as i've done so more than a few times in recent years. But at the same time, my mom (I don't know about my dad though) is super worried that PayPal is a scamming site, which I really don't want her to think in the slightest.

I've been a PayPal user for numerous years and I never had a single problem with it. What caused her to think that it was a "scam" site? Did she buy something from a strange website?

Years
    I've been a PayPal user for numerous years and I never had a single problem with it. What caused her to think that it was a "scam" site? Did she buy something from a strange website?

I really have no idea... I wish I could say the same thing to her in that it's a site that millions use, but the site was forcing me to give them identification. She thinks they'll use my identity and make others think they're me, but I don't know how to convince her that couldn't be less true. Seriously, she yells at me over the stupidest things, you have no idea. (I didn't give them my Social Security number, though, which she thought would have been worst.)

But now it's getting really infuriating since it won't let me make payments that I have to unless I link it with my bank, and that's not even working. I really feel like I should close my account the second I am able to, because this is so beyond inexcusable. Making an $11 payment should not be rocket science...

Last edited:
    Years
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back