• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Community Supporter DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Thanks everyone! Oh, and I wondering where all of the community supporter userbars went. Was there any specific reason on why they were removed and temporarily replaced with colourful titles?~

Years
    Thanks everyone! Oh, and I wondering where all of the community supporter userbars went. Was there any specific reason on why they were removed and temporarily replaced with colourful titles?~

We all used to be one color and have a number-based tiering system, but now we eliminate the numbers and are now entirely color-tiered, and split into four colors and that means new userbars have to be made.

That's why we have text as a placeholder for the time being, the higher staff just need to make the new userbars which seems to be taking a long time.

I always thought green looked awkward.

The color wasn't that bad, but the issue was I found it hard to make profile designs that would go easily with the color and that was why I stuck with a black/grey color scheme for over a year.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

somewhere, I heard that the admins were working on them, or maybe i was just reading things. don't count on that though.

but basically, we're using four different colors to better identify every individual's supporter tier. although I do miss the green so much. haha.

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
    Years
    I like the varied colors. It makes be feel better than silver accomplished that I donated, and it's a bit of extra incentive to be a different tier instead of one lumped color

Years
    I like the varied colors. It makes be feel better than silver accomplished that I donated, and it's a bit of extra incentive to be a different tier instead of one lumped color

Me too. While I didn't dislike the green color that supporters were presented with for a while, these colors make the supporter levels feel more unique.

But I too am awaiting them to do something cool with the titles, like make the userbars with mascots like someone else mentioned.

Years
    I'm both a fan of the new system and love the idea of those mascot userbars.
    Speaking of supportership, does anyone have the slightest idea how I became gold tier?

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm both a fan of the new system and love the idea of those mascot userbars.
    Speaking of supportership, does anyone have the slightest idea how I became gold tier?

Gold tier? I recall you won your original silver tier as a contest prize so someone might have added $5 onto your name, and that caused the upgrade.

I had a tier upgrade similar to yours back in 2012, and it happened just a few weeks after I initially became supporter. I was initially a Tier 4 (Gold under the current system) after Oryx gave her supporter prize to me when she won it in a Get Together event, and given the events ended close to my birthday it was kinda nice of her to think of giving it as a birthday gift.

It was around 4 weeks after that when Echidna donated $5 in my name, and that bumped me to a Tier 5 (aka Crystal). I think I really did make the right choice accepting his donation if I knew I was going to end up getting customizable usertitles eventually in the future.

Years
    @Hika - Yeah, I got it in an RPC event. I'll ask Rukario and see if he can tell me. I'm really curious to find out how so I can thank whoever is responsible.

Edit: I found out who did it, Zen is awesome.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey guys, sup?

I think we should allow posts to have only an image and no words in the VIP Lounge. We're cool enough to not spam. Riiiight?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey guys, sup?

I think we should allow posts to have only an image and no words in the VIP Lounge. We're cool enough to not spam. Riiiight?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Before I go make the thread, would anyone be interested in doing another Secret Santa event this year? Last year I remember some peeps didn't receive any gifts because their "Santas" wern't able to...but hopefully there won't be a repeat of that this year? I'd be more than happy to host this year.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    I'm fine with the Secret Santa, though I never got my emblem for it. :(

Also, I love the new thread idea. c:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm fine with the Secret Santa, though I never got my emblem for it. :(

Also, I love the new thread idea. c:

Yeeeeeeeeah, I have no idea what happened.

I promise you that I'm not too forgetful. I'll be sure to get the thread up by the end of this weekend. :)

Years
    Another image posting thread, you say? That could be something that would provide nice stuff others may like to share for whatever reason. I'm on board with that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back