• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    just saying OU sucks bad and y'all should play NU with me

Bold @ understatement of decade lol!

But yah been meaning to play NU and crush that tier now ive destroyed Stadium RBY OU. :)

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    201201261712575073.jpg

LOL.

Anyways, it's back up.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm sick of Landorus there's nothing that can definitely cover all its sets and not have to waste a team slot for it and it deserves to be banned forever and volturn must suffer the same fate. But seriously like volturn needs no skill and boom you win everything. SO. ANNOYING. It's just worse that it's always the same Pokemon, I'm sure there's lots of other Pokemon that are waaay more effective, but whatever. :(

...aaand tried that, okay apparently not, lol. /tried to use other Pokemon and completely failed

APPARENTLY THIS MEANS I SUCK AT CONFORMING.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hey, I'm wondering: what are some good partners for Calm Mind Latias?

CM Latias has a hard time against Pokemon like Blissey, so having a Fighting Pokemon like Conkeldurr or Infernape will help. Both Pokemon can also deal with Steel Pokemon. Magnezone can handle Steels as well.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Server is up again btw!

Anyways, yes sick sick SICK of Landorus he needs ban imo. OU is extremely cluttered with Landorus and Volt Switching and it's just becoming a pain. He outspeeds everything, kills everything before you get the chance to do any considerable damage and if you do outspeed him on the rare occasion he will OHKO you most of the time at half health. And how many people carry a Mammo around? So I mean, lol.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah really, that flying/ground combination isn't necessarily great - at least SR can destroy Dragonite and I can name a few Pokemon that can take down Latios & Terrakion which can also be quite annoying but those Pokemon that can defeat them are fairly common, so...

Should just follow Thundurus imo. Tornadus, however is beaten by Jolteon, Rotom-W, etc, so I don't really think it's a concern. It's a strong Pokemon but certainly not ban-worthy.

wait what vrai posted here? i blame da's distracting image and the fact that i assumed xel was directly after for not noticing!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Landorus isnt broken imo. It has alot of common checks/counters and is weak to alot of priority and also outsped by alot in addition.

344.gif

^ This dude is also really underated in what it beats in the current metagame. It checks and beats powerful threats such as Terrakion, Landorus, Stone Edge Conkeldur and also junk like Gliscor. It can also live a +1 DD Outrage from Dragonite and do 73.1% - 86.7% back with Ice Beam which is a KO with SR up.

Also just a note Tornadus rips through Jolteon and Rotom-W like a hot knife through butter due to their general frailty and the sheer power of choice specs Hurricane. ;x

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Also just a note Tornadus rips through Jolteon and Rotom-W like a hot knife through butter due to their general frailty and the sheer power of choice specs Hurricane. ;x

But doesn't Jolteon outspeed Tornadus and cause severe damage to (or KO) him with Thunderbolt/Thunder?

Kyrk

(╯°□°)╯︵ɔıb oן
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2012
    But doesn't Jolteon outspeed Tornadus and cause severe damage to (or KO) him with Thunderbolt/Thunder?

It does, but I think what he means is that you can't just simply switch Jolteon into Tornadus to counter it and expect to live a specs Hurricane on said switch.

Years

• lmao thanks to team preview leads don't exist anymore.

That's actually untrue! You and your opponent still have to choose a Pokemon to send out first, and Pokemon like Rotom-W and the weather starters are considered common Pokemon to lead with, as they can put a bit of pressure on the opponent.

Anyways, to answer dragon456, Machamp is the better lead since your opponent will have to find something to switch into Dynamicpunch, and even if they have something decent to take it, you'll still generally cause a lot of havoc with your other attacks/confusion hax. :)

Hey, I'm wondering: what are some good partners for Calm Mind Latias?

Spikes Skarmory is an excellent partner for CM Latias, provided that you give Latias Roar. Reason being is that Latias handles most Special threats while handling the physical ones is up to Skarm. That's just one great quality of the combo though, Skarmory's Spikes allow Latias to bypass many Pokemon that can trap it. If you suspect a Scizor or Tyranitar is about to come in, just Roar them out and watch the damage accumulate.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
    227.png

Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost
    - Spikes
    - Whirlwind

----

Anyways, I do agree that Landorus is annoying and I definitely hate fighting it, but it's not broken for the most part. Anyways, the best way to beat Landorus is to get SR up early in the match, as it will constantly switch, stuff like Quag, Tangrowth and Hippowdon can smash the non choiced ones if they try to set up, not to mention strong priority from Scizor and Dragonite can finish it off after it's taken SR Damage.

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Kingdra...UU? What?

I've lost all hope of BW being any better then DPPt. Just thought I'd add that.

Bye

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    omg pokedra hwhafggharbleblargle

Uhh yeah but DA you say Claydol but the only person I've seen who uses one is you lol, and I don't want to have to have a Claydol in my team (or I might since it has GROUND IMMUNITY) just so I can beat Landorus.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    omg pokedra hwhafggharbleblargle

Uhh yeah but DA you say Claydol but the only person I've seen who uses one is you lol, and I don't want to have to have a Claydol in my team (or I might since it has GROUND IMMUNITY) just so I can beat Landorus.

Well its not just Claydol, things like Skarm, Zong etc beat/check it with relative ease. Anything faster with Levitate does too, see: Scarf Hydreigon and Lati@s.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    What is a better for my Ferrothorn and Heatran FWG core, Vaporeon or Gastrodon?

Vaporeon assists the rest of my team with valuable Wishes (which the other members of my team, Gengar, Scizor and Terrakion love) while Gastrodon check Rotom, a pretty good counter to my team thanks to Volt Switch. I can take Rotom if it's a Trick Variant but HP Fire recks me everytime.

Fireburn from Smogon said I should use Gastrodon but I'm afriad my team will fall apart without Vappy (besides, the whole reason I made this OU team was to have a team based off of Vaporeon)

tman9446

Sabers Suck
    Years
  • @chaos11011 gastrodon would b better since it can counter everything that rotom-w has and its very common. suggest putting an eviolite chansey 4 that wish passing+ skarm as a bulky wall 2 help chansey. Also about the above landorous comments above, now that donphan is OU, i think it is a great spinner as well as that ice shard plus ability 2 set up rocks, so that x4 weakness 2 ice is always a good check, plus donphan with max defense can wall landorous pretty well

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    But DA, for those who don't play stall/use different screener/those dragons it's harder. It basically means you need to dedicate an entire spot to actually beat Landorus @ volturning tbh.

Also tman9446, there's also Mamo w/ more powerful shards of ice whereas Donphan's, idk, it disappointed me.

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    But DA, for those who don't play stall/use different screener/those dragons it's harder. It basically means you need to dedicate an entire spot to actually beat Landorus @ volturning tbh.
    Yeah and that's what's called centralizing and it is what causes Pokémon to get ban lol. But I guess he doesn't cause enough centralization to actually get banned because lots of people do use those Pokémon DA mentioned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back