• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I hate stall. Stall just angers me in various ways. Well, not really, but it's annoying. :(

I honestly don't mind the length of battles, I usually don't notice.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I hate stall. Stall just angers me in various ways. Well, not really, but it's annoying. :(

I honestly don't mind the length of battles, I usually don't notice.

I don't mind defensive pokes, but stall can get annoying to run and go against... that's why you need stallbreakers \o/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • With the new Kami trio formes revealed, I'll guess what roles they may be playing in the metagame. These might have been said before, but I might elaborate on those.

Tornadus: with it specializing in high defenses and Speed, I'm guessing that it'll be more of a supporter than before, utilizing Prankster to set up Rain Dance for non-Drizzle Rain teams, and tanking a hit after with its high defenses, then U-turning out or attacking when necessary. Of course, Stealth Rock is still going to be a pain, and I hope GameFreak will make Roost a move tutor move that the Kami trio will be able to learn.

Thundurus: it's still going to tear things to shreds in Ubers with its high Special Attack. In other words, that new forme may perform the same role Thundurus' current forme does right now (pre-Uber and post-Uber).

Landorus: I dunno, but I think its new forme may perform the same role its original forme currently does in OU.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ooh right I forgot about that, I was thinking purely its attacking skills @ Tornadus. :x

@ Mac: Well luckily a lot of specially defensive/defensive Pokemon are normal (at least the most defensive ones I can think of in nu are weak to fighting lool) which is great for me considering I love fighting. :3

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Ooh right I forgot about that, I was thinking purely its attacking skills @ Tornadus. :x

@ Mac: Well luckily a lot of specially defensive/defensive Pokemon are normal (at least the most defensive ones I can think of in nu are weak to fighting lool) which is great for me considering I love fighting. :3

Fighting is a great offensive type, one of my favorites as well. Hitmontop is one of my favorites due to his intimidate ability and just general awesomeness... and I don't even use the technitop version xD At least not in doubles. In singles one could go with either, but I love it if he's burned he can still make an impact with intimidate abuse.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Maybe, or you could give it to something like Metagross w/ hammer arm.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • o.O Why would you give Metagross Hammer Arm? It's perfectly capable of beating Steels/Rocks without it using Meteor Mash/Earthquake. >_>

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Say hello to Heatran @ air balloon. Plus with contrary it would be beneficial to it anyways.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hammer Arm also hits Ferrothorn which is p much Metagross biggest counter.

Hammer Arm/MM/T-Punch/Zen Headbutt @ Contrary would be cute unless Meteor Mash got an attack raise aka drop lol! I guess you could use like Iron Head or some other garbage but yeah.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hey guys you all suck for not being on the server @ planned comm night.

(You all don't really suck BUT STILL you get my point!!)

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    whattt when is comm night o_o;; not tonight right??!? omg please let it be after my exams D;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well luckily it was cancelled, idk, people should plan ahead next time and make time to come on! :(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    You say it's inactive yet it has 107 viewers right now (which makes no sense at all lol).

In a few weeks I think?

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • But but the last post was like four days ago o.o
    Anyway, in the topic of competitive, I just remembered how Moody was banned... I think they should at least allow it in OU/Ubers. ._.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Why, lol. Firstly it's a terribly annoying ability and the fact that it's unreliable, can give boost to anything, so on and kinda ruins the point of EVing or min/max stats.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
    Years
  • The only problem with Moody is it affects evasion. If it didn't have a chance to affect Evasion, it wouldn't be banned. Yeah, it's only a little annoying, but trying to face +6 Evasion Bibarel is reason enough to want it banned.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh lol I thought I mentioned that. ;x The random jumps in general suck and take away the competitive imo.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Why, lol. Firstly it's a terribly annoying ability and the fact that it's unreliable, can give boost to anything, so on and kinda ruins the point of EVing or min/max stats.

People would make teams with several Moody Pokemon, and all they have to do is Protect and hope they get a Speed or Evasion boost (which is a 2/7 chance) and then they can alternate between Sub and Protect until they've got +6 Evasion and/or impossible defenses. You literally cannot win against a well-played Moody Pokemon, lol. Unless you plan on using No Guard (one of those moves that crits all the time...) Machamp, I don't think anyone would ever want Moody around.

basically it's like double team on steroids

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back