• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • Well, now that the tutor compatibilities have been revealed, how about I propose a couple of possible new sets for Serperior? Serperior actually gained a couple of useful moves (Dragon Pulse, Aqua Tail, and possibly Outrage, but I don't think that would see some use):

Physical (similar to the on-site Coil set):
    -Coil/Swords Dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -Aqua Tail
    -Dragon Tail/Return/Substitute
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    EVs: 32 HP/252 Atk/224 Spe
    Item: Leftovers

Special (if Contrary gets released):
    -Leaf Storm
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Giga Drain/Substitute
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 32 HP/252 SAtk/224 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Contrary

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Posting for the 3rd time that Technician Breloom has been released. ;;

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    About time, now we have another check to Excadrill so it might hopefully see a retest.
    Excadrill still has a small amount of checks, so I doubt it will be retested. Then again, the same could be said about a lot of Pokémon that are currently unbanned (Terrakion, Volcarona, Reuniclus). But it's going to be fun using Breloom without Shadow Tag Chandelure lurking around!

Years
  • Rain teams are dominating BW2. Anyone made a team thats had success thats not a rain team? id be interested to see it. Iv tried running sun but its just to hard to match up agaist Rain, but my SubSplit Ninetales has done pretty well

-Substitute
    -Pain Split
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Flamethrower
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252HP/108Def/148Spdef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Drought

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I already expressed my excitement in B2W2 in regards to Techniloom. n_n

Uhh I only really like sun/rain in OU and out of my teams I think I did best with sun. For Ninetales I always go for power so I went for NP. Actually for most things I tend to go for power...

Perriechu

Years
  • Tornadus-T is actually really good. Well the set I'm running anyways.

Tornadus-T @Life Orb
    Timid (+Spe; -Atk)
    Regenerator
    4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Air Slash
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Heat Wave
    - Focus Blast

Years
  • I was so happy when I heard TechLoom got released.
    And Tornadus-T is a beast. Base 121 speed and Regenerator make it such a good hit and run pokemon.
    Iv been testing this set

Tornadus-T @Flying Gem
    Jolly (+Spe; -Atk)
    Regenerator
    4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Bulk UP
    - Acrobatics

- Superpower
    - Substitute/U-Turn

It actually works really well because everyone is expecting the special set. Substitute if to black spore since its so popular due to Amonguss and the release on TechLoom and U-Turn works when you have the stat drops from superpower

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Tornadus-T is actually really good. Well the set I'm running anyways.

Tornadus-T @Life Orb
    Timid (+Spe; -Atk)
    Regenerator
    4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Air Slash
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Heat Wave
    - Focus Blast

In Rain, Hurricane would be the better option. But Heat Wave has to be switched out for U-turn.

Perriechu

Years
  • Well yeah Hurricane > Air Slash if you're running Rain. Heatwave gives it great coverage against Ferro & Co. though. Focus Blast doesn't OHKO + HW hits Scizor + Forry

Also, just because I wanted to use an Elemental punch on Conkeldurr I replace SE/Payback with Ice Punch. I honestly thought it would flop but amazingly it didn't. I've had people switch in Landorus and the likes thinking I'll switch and I end up OHKO'ing them with Ice Punch. Loses to Volcarona though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Aparently the Sould Dew has been released. This is good and bad. Latias now counters most members of rain teams but also means its extremely broken if your running a calm mind varient.
    Latios is even more broken offensivly

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    @previous posts: Has PO been updated with the new stuff yet? I DIDN'T SEE AN UPDATE IS THIS SMOGON EXCLUSIVE? :(

And as for Latias/Latios they'll go back to uber imo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Did we need to update in order to get everything? Cause I got no message telling me to update. :(

Years
  • Did we need to update in order to get everything? Cause I got no message telling me to update. :(

Uhh idk I think you can still battle without the update and the only server you can do BW2 battles on atm if beta iirc, the pkmn will just show up as their regular sprites though, like torno-t will just look like tornado but still have torno-t stats and abilities.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Okay, I think this would be good news for all of you: Imposter Ditto is one of the Hidden Hollow Pokemon!

A lot of people (including me) were disappointed that Ditto didn't win the event DW poll, but Imposter Ditto is now available to us!

Years
  • I don't know what to think of imposter ditto. It's a great revenge killer but I don't know if I like not being able to set up Pokemon like dragonite just to have this thing come in and sweep me. I mean it would be stupid to set up when you know your opponent has a ditto but still it effectively stops you from using one of your Pokemon to its full potential

Years
  • how is that good news .-. its just more broken **** added to the metagame

techniloom might be underwhelming though, although it does have the potential to be extremely dangerous to both defensive and offensive teams alike

Lila.

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm not really excited about ditto at all... Tbh, I'm not all that excited about a lot of the changes. It's a fresh change of pace I suppose, but a lot of things are going to be changing in regards to the competitive aspect of this game in the coming months.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I never wanted Ditto in the first place really. Having to have a check to all the Pokemon in your team, ugh. :(

I'd much rather have like, move tutors, then a few months later DW abilities are all released then it might be a bit easier to adjust to but now it's like everything idk so many changes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back