• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [COMPLETE][pokefirered] Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen+

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2022
    All of that can be found in the GitHub. Here is a link to the start of the Challenge Mode teams. The levels are not accurate due to how the level scaling was implemented, so this will have to be combined with the levelScaling field of each Gym's/E4 room's map.json file to obtain the true level. Here is the one for Pewter Gym. This will spoil the movesets and Pokemon additions for the Challenge Mode teams.

If you don't want spoilers for the teams themselves, the max levels are:
    Spoiler:
    Thank you

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Speaking of making some items early, is Sludge Bomb still only available in postgame? It's about the only TM I always push to be moved, because Kanto's like half Poison types that both can learn it and otherwise don't have good STAB by the Elite Four.

Speaking of making some items early, is Sludge Bomb still only available in postgame? It's about the only TM I always push to be moved, because Kanto's like half Poison types that both can learn it and otherwise don't have good STAB by the Elite Four.

No. The TMs for Sludge Bomb and Torment have been swapped. Sludge Bomb is now in Silph Co. while Torment is in the Rocket Hideout. Early feedback made this suggestion as well and I agreed that Poison-types are basically unusable past a certain point without their only good STAB move.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    All of that can be found in the GitHub. Here is a link to the start of the Challenge Mode teams. The levels are not accurate due to how the level scaling was implemented, so this will have to be combined with the levelScaling field of each Gym's/E4 room's map.json file to obtain the true level. Here is the one for Pewter Gym. This will spoil the movesets and Pokemon additions for the Challenge Mode teams.

If you don't want spoilers for the teams themselves, the max levels are:
    Spoiler:

---

I typoed one of the summary screen fixes and now all Pokemon, regardless of OT, appear to be traded on the summary screen. They will incorrectly print "Apparently met..." As this is not a high-priority fix and doesn't affect gameplay in any tangible way, I will wait until I have a more substantial update to fix it.

I've been giving some thought to making items like Metal Coat and King's Rock available earlier and I think I'm going to stick them as rare held items on wild Pokemon in Kanto. The only item that it wouldn't make sense to do that for is Up-Grade. Since Up-Grade is available in the Rocket Warehouse on Five Island, I think I may swap it with an item in Silph Co. like I did for the TM for Sludge Bomb. I may also make the DeepSeaScale and DeepSeaTooth available somewhere despite Clamperl not being available without trading because only one is obtainable per RSE save file.

There are a few other, minor adjustments I plan on making as well for the next update. Stay tuned.

Consider me intrigued. I really dig your hack man.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Yo! I want to ask because most probably I am blind and stupid but I can catch the starters? If yes I want to know where I want to do the prof.Oak challenge. Sry for annoyance

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Really enjoying it.
    Just some things to consider:
    - when you type your first letter (in name section) it change to lower ones, The game isnt decapped, so would be great stay original.
    - a option to disable auto run
    - instead of using up and down in stats, use Red and Blue color.

Please, dont take it serious, Just some opinion from a vanilla gamer 😆

NKh3HqU.jpg

Last edited:
    Yo! I want to ask because most probably I am blind and stupid but I can catch the starters? If yes I want to know where I want to do the prof.Oak challenge. Sry for annoyance

The Rival's starter is obtained on Four Island in an Egg. The leftover starter is being raised by Daisy in Pallet Town. After the Network Machine is fixed, she will give it to you. To obtain them before becoming the Champion you will have to trade.

Really enjoying it.
    Just some things to consider:
    - when you type your first letter (in name section) it change to lower ones, The game isnt decapped, so would be great stay original.
    - a option to disable auto run
    - instead of using up and down in stats, use Red and Blue color.

Please, dont take it serious, Just some opinion from a vanilla gamer 😆

1. I did that simply because I prefer it that way. I won't be changing that back. Additionally, if any of these Pokemon get transferred up, eventually the all-caps names will look strange. My intention, since all obtainable Pokemon are legal, is for players to eventually transfer Pokemon up like we did with the original FRLG. It's only two more inputs to change it back to the capitalized keyboard while nicknaming.
    2. Auto-run is a toggle. Press R in the overworld to toggle it on and off. It only plays the message once, but should play the select sound when R is pressed to toggle it.
    3. I prefer the arrows because they are clear and don't rely on someone remembering which color means which. They also work better for people with color blindness.

Thank you for both of your comments.

Last edited:

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    The Rival's starter is obtained on Four Island in an Egg. The leftover starter is being raised by Daisy in Pallet Town. After the Network Machine is fixed, she will give it to you. To obtain them before becoming the Champion you will have to trade.

1. I did that simply because I prefer it that way. I won't be changing that back. Additionally, if any of these Pokemon get transferred up, eventually the all-caps names will look strange. My intention, since all obtainable Pokemon are legal, is for players to eventually transfer Pokemon up like we did with the original FRLG. It's only two more inputs to change it back to the capitalized keyboard while nicknaming.
    2. Auto-run is a toggle. Press R in the overworld to toggle it on and off. It only plays the message once, but should play the select sound when R is pressed to toggle it.
    3. I prefer the arrows because they are clear and don't rely on someone remembering which color means which. They also work better for people with color blindness.

Thank you for both of your comments.

Alright. No problem
    The 2 - i know u can disable it pressjng R.. But Just like unbound theres a option in menu to disable it and make R empty. Anyway im really enjoying it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    hi loving the game so far but i was wondering you said to get emerald pokemon you had to trade them from emerald. how do you do that?

hi loving the game so far but i was wondering you said to get emerald pokemon you had to trade them from emerald. how do you do that?

mGBA has the ability to link with other instances of itself for other GBA Pokemon games and with Dolphin for Colo/XD/Box: RS. Going to File -> New Multiplayer Window allows you to open up another instance of mGBA as player 2, load your GBA ROM, and link as if you were playing actual GBAs with a link cable. Make sure you go to the far right counter in the 2nd floor of the Pokemon Center.

Right under that option, there is a "Connect to Dolphin..." option that you can use to connect to a Pokemon Colosseum, XD, and Box: Ruby and Sapphire being played on Dolphin.

Alternatively, you can load this hack onto a flashcart and trade with real versions of all of these games on hardware if you are able to.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Hi, I'm wondering where/how to get the Eon Ticket, already got Auora&Mystic&The map.

can anyboy help?

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    No way to implement gen 6 exp share? I was looking for it, many ppl too, a guy in this fórum is teaching how to implement it, but theres no item editor for it.. So i think it would be impossible to add it myself..

Hi, I'm wondering where/how to get the Eon Ticket, already got Auora&Mystic&The map.

can anyboy help?

Get a 56-win streak at the Battle Tower to receive an Eon Ticket. When you get there, remember that Latias and Latios are version-exclusive.

No way to implement gen 6 exp share? I was looking for it, many ppl too, a guy in this fórum is teaching how to implement it, but theres no item editor for it.. So i think it would be impossible to add it myself..

I could implement the Gen 6 experience share quite easily, but won't because I personally don't like it and it doesn't fit the Gen 3 flavor that I'm going for. The post you read on this forum was likely for binary hacking, which would definitely not work if you attempted to do it on this hack.

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Get a 56-win streak at the Battle Tower to receive an Eon Ticket. When you get there, remember that Latias and Latios are version-exclusive.

I could implement the Gen 6 experience share quite easily, but won't because I personally don't like it and it doesn't fit the Gen 3 flavor that I'm going for. The post you read on this forum was likely for binary hacking, which would definitely not work if you attempted to do it on this hack.

Alright no problem. I got it. U want stay gen 3 vanilla style. But.. If i try to add myself using a tutorial in this fórum *not binary* could work? Or changes are necessary due itens changes?

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2024
    Hi Deokishisu, I was the one looking for a way to implement it and was able to use HMA as the item editor, but it didn't work as you said.
    Isn't there any chance you could release a bps file to applied over FRLG+ to add gen VI exp. share? That way it wouldn't be part of the hack and only those who really wanted it would use the patch.

Hi Deokishisu, I was the one looking for a way to implement it and was able to use HMA as the item editor, but it didn't work as you said.
    Isn't there any chance you could release a bps file to applied over FRLG+ to add gen VI exp. share? That way it wouldn't be part of the hack and only those who really wanted it would use the patch.

Like I said earlier, I don't offer support for modding of this hack and will not be making a change like this in any form.

This patch is now out of date, see this post for the newest one.

I have uploaded a new patch that fixes several bugs, makes the trade evolution items available before the postgame, and adds a minor new feature. The link in the first post has been updated, but you can also grab it from here: https://github.com/Deokishisu/FRLG-Plus/releases/tag/v1.2.0

Trade evolution items are now available before the postgame.
    • Metal Coats can be found rarely on wild Magnemite and Magneton.
    • Dragon Scales can be found rarely on wild Dratini and Dragonair.
    • King's Rocks can be found rarely on wild Poliwhirl and Slowbro.
    • Deep Sea Scales can be found rarely on wild Chinchou underwater.
    • Deep Sea Teeth can be found rarely on wild Gyarados underwater.
    • Up-grade can be found in Silph Co. The Up-grade in the Rocket Hideout on Five Island has been swapped with the Hyper Potion on Silph Co.'s 3F. If you've picked up one of these item balls already, the other should spawn it its place so they are not missable.

A message is now printed at the end of battle when a party Pokémon finds an item with the Pickup ability.

Fixed a bug where all Pokémon were incorrectly considered as outsiders in the summary screen.

Actually fixed a bug with displaying the met locations for the Gamecube starters and Duking's Plusle. The summary screen should now display these met locations correctly regardless of the Pokémon's language (thanks ShinyDragonHunter for your save file).

Pokémon from Orre are now correctly considered as outsider Pokémon in all situations.

Role Play and Snatch should now use the correct forme sprite when used with Deoxys (thanks lioniac).

Actually fixed shiny Deoxys appearing incorrectly in the PC Box interface. It should now display its shiny colors correctly in all situations.

---

Again, thank you to everyone who submitted bug reports.

Last edited:
    Back