• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Those of you that played both this and Nova Red, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Gen II

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • A Digimon hack of Gen IV

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Loving the hack so far.

For the new gen 4 hack, could you use different starters? Would make the next game feel fresh, and would make trying to get omnimon a little more fun since Agumon wouldnt be a starter choice.
    like maybe use Datirimon->Hydramon , Sunmon->Apollomon , Moonmon->Dianamon. Would add an interesting Greek theme to the starters

I was considering making it Yuramon > Mokumon > Pichimon actually! But I'm not sure if casual fans would appreciate that. Streamers on YouTube and Twitch overwhelmingly choose Koromon in my other hacks and name themselves "Tai"... I don't know how well some lesser-known starters would be received. I'll deliberate on it for sure!

Beginning of this game is way, way, way too punishing if you're going in blind. Roxanne having Rock/Ground/Ice coverage on, what I'm guessing is a, comparatively speaking, extremely high-statted mon is one thing on its own, but when that mon is level 18 and the highest levels you can grind on in the wild are 8, that's more than twice the difference. One really shouldn't have to spend three-quarters of an hour at 10x speed just to bring something up to par to try a new approach. Hitting such a grandiose roadblock so early, such that I have no tools to deal with it isn't great. I would compare it to... imagine if you had to grind for the E4, because turns out Cynthia's Garchomp has universal coverage, outpaces and one-shots everything you have, and the highest levels you could grind on are low-yield level 27s to 29s -- wild only, because all battleable trainers have been exhausted and there's no rematch mechanic yet; but even that's an overly-charitable comparison because there's at least been more time to flesh out strategies before you end up in that situation -- oh, and the move-power differentiation would be far less... and I'm guessing BST differences, too.

EDIT: Also, the Rich Boy on Route 104 seems exist in some quantum-entangled state where they're simultaneously themselves, and also one of the twins from the bridge. Strange.

If brute forcing it won't work, you can try other strategies like poisoning, leech seeding, cutting accuracy, etc. And if you really want to brute force it, you can choose Bukamon as your starter or find a Pichimon on one of the early routes. Train either one up to level 16 or so and they can take down Roxanne single-handedly.

Also, do you have the most recent version? I thought I patched the Rich Boy but I can't remember now. It's been a while since I worked on this game. :p

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2023
    If brute forcing it won't work, you can try other strategies like poisoning, leech seeding, cutting accuracy, etc. And if you really want to brute force it, you can choose Bukamon as your starter or find a Pichimon on one of the early routes. Train either one up to level 16 or so and they can take down Roxanne single-handedly.

Also, do you have the most recent version? I thought I patched the Rich Boy but I can't remember now. It's been a while since I worked on this game. :p

I don't remember where exactly where I got the Rom. Wherever it was, it was DL'd and patched the day of that post. The base UPS is Digimon Emerald Project 2.0 Patch.ups

And, you just completely ignored what I actually posted, and inferred some other argument altogether. Nothing I said had anything to do with "brute forcing" through the fight. The solutions you propose do not answer the issue I brought up; the problem is that whatever her last mon is, is far higher statted than everything else available at that point (to my experience - I reiterate, I'm arguing from "coming in blind" perspective,) and is 10 levels higher than anything you have to grind on to bring your team up-to-snuff, AND has perfect coverage in their moves. All those "solutions" you proposed require you either to have a turn that you will not get to set them up, or to get lucky on ability-applied status on what is very likely a suicide switch. I guess if expecting the player to dice roll until a poison point / flame body proc happens- because you are NOT getting a turn to set anything actively - and then stall out with healing items; or, if you think having the player completely reroll (in the dark, mind you; I reiterate: I am talking from a "going in blind" perspective,) on the chance that their choice this time MIGHT solve the problem is is a fun gym fight and good entry experience, well, I guess we just fundamentally disagree.

If you don't agree the fight is poorly tuned, that's fine; no big deal, doesn't matter, just a game. My problem is... let me put it like this: I ask you not to misrepresent or just flat-out ignore what others say. That's rude. I put effort into being precise in what I say, and even if I didn't, it's disrespectful to ignore or misrepresent what is being said. Just because you may not agree with a criticism, doesn't mean you are given leash to represent that criticism as coming from a brutish, nonthinking mindset. Nothing about my criticism would suggest, with honest interpretation, that I was arguing from a "brute force" perspective; the fact you frame it as-such betrays your attitude towards it. That is disrespectful.

With that said, I'm moving on here.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I don't remember where exactly where I got the Rom. Wherever it was, it was DL'd and patched the day of that post. The base UPS is Digimon Emerald Project 2.0 Patch.ups

And, you just completely ignored what I actually posted, and inferred some other argument altogether. Nothing I said had anything to do with "brute forcing" through the fight. The solutions you propose do not answer the issue I brought up; the problem is that whatever her last mon is, is far higher statted than everything else available at that point (to my experience - I reiterate, I'm arguing from "coming in blind" perspective,) and is 10 levels higher than anything you have to grind on to bring your team up-to-snuff, AND has perfect coverage in their moves. All those "solutions" you proposed require you either to have a turn that you will not get to set them up, or to get lucky on ability-applied status on what is very likely a suicide switch. I guess if expecting the player to dice roll until a poison point / flame body proc happens- because you are NOT getting a turn to set anything actively - and then stall out with healing items; or, if you think having the player completely reroll (in the dark, mind you; I reiterate: I am talking from a "going in blind" perspective,) on the chance that their choice this time MIGHT solve the problem is is a fun gym fight and good entry experience, well, I guess we just fundamentally disagree.

If you don't agree the fight is poorly tuned, that's fine; no big deal, doesn't matter, just a game. My problem is... let me put it like this: I ask you not to misrepresent or just flat-out ignore what others say. That's rude. I put effort into being precise in what I say, and even if I didn't, it's disrespectful to ignore or misrepresent what is being said. Just because you may not agree with a criticism, doesn't mean you are given leash to represent that criticism as coming from a brutish, nonthinking mindset. Nothing about my criticism would suggest, with honest interpretation, that I was arguing from a "brute force" perspective; the fact you frame it as-such betrays your attitude towards it. That is disrespectful.

With that said, I'm moving on here.

Yeah I don't recommend downloading the game from other websites. They usually host outdated versions that may have balance or difficulty issues.

Anyhoo any decently-leveled Water mon can handle it. Here's a video of a streamer taking down Roxanne with just Gommamon.

(The video is a little outdated since Roxanne's second mon is a Scorpiomon instead of a Lavorvomon like in the most recent release, but you get the idea)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    What emulator is the best for this? I am using VBA Link 1.8.0 on windows and the game keeps freezing during battles too often, I have to save before and after each battle and reload every second battle or so. It is frustrating, almost unplayable for me.
    Great rom btw, enjoying it, asaide from that issue. Looking forward to find an emulator that fixes it and complete the dex, even those lvl 100 evos!

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2023
    Im curious, in the next game, do you have any plans on limiting types of digimon you can encounter?

I was doing the math. By the time you reach the first gym, you already meet 30 different species of digimon. If half has 3 stages, and half has 4 stages, thats a total of 45 + 60 pokemon. Thats about 105 species out of the max possible 355 immediately available to the player. I dont know about everone else, but it kinda lowers my personal motivation since there arent as many new mons in each of the next areas

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    What emulator is the best for this? I am using VBA Link 1.8.0 on windows and the game keeps freezing during battles too often, I have to save before and after each battle and reload every second battle or so. It is frustrating, almost unplayable for me.
    Great rom btw, enjoying it, asaide from that issue. Looking forward to find an emulator that fixes it and complete the dex, even those lvl 100 evos!

Oh man, that sounds rough. I'm using VBA 1.8.8 for Windows and it only stalls if I abuse the speedup.

Im curious, in the next game, do you have any plans on limiting types of digimon you can encounter?

I was doing the math. By the time you reach the first gym, you already meet 30 different species of digimon. If half has 3 stages, and half has 4 stages, thats a total of 45 + 60 pokemon. Thats about 105 species out of the max possible 355 immediately available to the player. I dont know about everone else, but it kinda lowers my personal motivation since there arent as many new mons in each of the next areas

Yeah it's a delicate balance to reach! In the the newest version of Nova Red I made it so that every area has only three mons, but they're new ones every time. You don't reach any repeats until lategame (Seafoam Islands, Power Plant, Sevii Islands, Victory Road). I'm going to be working on Digimon Platinum at a very liberal pace (as in, just picking away at it whenever I have time) but whenever I get around to finishing a first draft I will probably take a similar approach to Nova Red as far as encounters go.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    All good now, ported the save to VBA-M 2.1.4 and no freezes at all :D
    On another note, i found a way to get stuck in the starting area with no way to progress:
    due to a missing smashable rock, you can go thru Metteor Falls without the badge-to-use-rock-smash, if you jump down the slope back to Rustboro you will get stuck there for good. The 'peeko' guy isn't there either, he stays at the beach.
    I had to briefly use a cheat to walk through walls to go around Rustful tunnel rocks. Otherwise I had to start over (and not forget to get the badge this time lol)

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    All good now, ported the save to VBA-M 2.1.4 and no freezes at all :D
    On another note, i found a way to get stuck in the starting area with no way to progress:
    due to a missing smashable rock, you can go thru Metteor Falls without the badge-to-use-rock-smash, if you jump down the slope back to Rustboro you will get stuck there for good. The 'peeko' guy isn't there either, he stays at the beach.
    I had to briefly use a cheat to walk through walls to go around Rustful tunnel rocks. Otherwise I had to start over (and not forget to get the badge this time lol)

Good catch, I'll patch that in the next update.

JohnGBALite.

That's strange... I usually just use State Saves. Maybe that's safer?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    There's one thing that baffles me and that's one evolution in particular: SwordShoutmon evolving into Shoutmon X3SD. It's not a bug, per se, it's just something that bothers me.

SwordShoutmon is Shoutmon plus the Star Sword (which is made of Starmon and Pickmons), but the Star Sword is not a component of Shoutmon X3SD, which is a fusion of Shoutmon X3 (composed of Shoutmon, Ballistamon and Dorulumon), SkullKnightmon and DeadlyAxemon. Wouldn't it make more sense for SwordShoutmon to become a DigiXros form that actually uses the Star Sword, such as Shoutmon X4 or Shoutmon X5?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2022
    Hello, Im new to all of this, Im not sure if this is the right way to post this but I hope I can get an answer. I am playing this for the first time and I was so excited through and through, but for some reason, I have reached a point in the game in which I find places Im not sure if they are available in this hack. For example, Mirage Tower. I defeated the Lavaridge Gym leader and since May gave me the googles, I went to find it. After spending minutes entering and leaving the route, I see it, and walk up to it...nothing happens. It's like the entrance doesnt work, it simply stops me on my tracks when I walk up to the entrance as if it was nothing but an obstacle on my path instead of letting me enter the tower. Is it disabled for this hack or am I not supposed to go there yet?? I played Emerald like years and years ago, I dont really remember the specific pattern of things to do in order to progress the game so I looked it up and almost all results still tell me after Lavaridge I should visit the desert tower. Am I missing something? Pls help. And Im sorry if this question sounds dumb, I dont really remember much of the actual game after so long.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    There's one thing that baffles me and that's one evolution in particular: SwordShoutmon evolving into Shoutmon X3SD. It's not a bug, per se, it's just something that bothers me.

SwordShoutmon is Shoutmon plus the Star Sword (which is made of Starmon and Pickmons), but the Star Sword is not a component of Shoutmon X3SD, which is a fusion of Shoutmon X3 (composed of Shoutmon, Ballistamon and Dorulumon), SkullKnightmon and DeadlyAxemon. Wouldn't it make more sense for SwordShoutmon to become a DigiXros form that actually uses the Star Sword, such as Shoutmon X4 or Shoutmon X5?

Excellent inquiry with a very simple answer: ShoutmonX3SD was the only one with a quality sprite available, and even that took a lot of tweaking.

Hello, Im new to all of this, Im not sure if this is the right way to post this but I hope I can get an answer. I am playing this for the first time and I was so excited through and through, but for some reason, I have reached a point in the game in which I find places Im not sure if they are available in this hack. For example, Mirage Tower. I defeated the Lavaridge Gym leader and since May gave me the googles, I went to find it. After spending minutes entering and leaving the route, I see it, and walk up to it...nothing happens. It's like the entrance doesnt work, it simply stops me on my tracks when I walk up to the entrance as if it was nothing but an obstacle on my path instead of letting me enter the tower. Is it disabled for this hack or am I not supposed to go there yet?? I played Emerald like years and years ago, I dont really remember the specific pattern of things to do in order to progress the game so I looked it up and almost all results still tell me after Lavaridge I should visit the desert tower. Am I missing something? Pls help. And Im sorry if this question sounds dumb, I dont really remember much of the actual game after so long.

No worries, it's a good question. The encounter rates in the Mirage Tower and Mirage Island were bugged and I was unable to edit them, so I simply made them impossible to enter.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    im having probelms finding a pokemon emerald download that works for vba, i dont know if its the vba apps im downloading or its the pokemon emerald download im using, can someone help me?

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2023
    Yeah it's a delicate balance to reach! In the the newest version of Nova Red I made it so that every area has only three mons, but they're new ones every time. You don't reach any repeats until lategame (Seafoam Islands, Power Plant, Sevii Islands, Victory Road). I'm going to be working on Digimon Platinum at a very liberal pace (as in, just picking away at it whenever I have time) but whenever I get around to finishing a first draft I will probably take a similar approach to Nova Red as far as encounters go.[/QUOTE]

What version is the latest version? I'd like to try it out

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hi, love this game, do you have info on the stats for the digimon? like hp,atk, spatk.etc

Sorry, not at the moment. Maybe one day.

im having probelms finding a pokemon emerald download that works for vba, i dont know if its the vba apps im downloading or its the pokemon emerald download im using, can someone help me?

Did you check out the instructions on the front page?

Yeah it's a delicate balance to reach! In the the newest version of Nova Red I made it so that every area has only three mons, but they're new ones every time. You don't reach any repeats until lategame (Seafoam Islands, Power Plant, Sevii Islands, Victory Road). I'm going to be working on Digimon Platinum at a very liberal pace (as in, just picking away at it whenever I have time) but whenever I get around to finishing a first draft I will probably take a similar approach to Nova Red as far as encounters go.

What version is the latest version? I'd like to try it out[/QUOTE]

Front page. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Did you check out the instructions on the front page?

I did, but when I tried using the patched emerald game on a vba I downloaded it just showed a white screen.

Back